The Queen of the South thread

15 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Holt has just walked away from a Premiership club. I seriously doubt he will be looking to manage a Championship one at the moment, regardless of hsi reasons for leaving Livi. 

Holt has also, like Hopkin before him, acquired a reputation off the back of David Martindale being the actual manager there. I've no idea if Holt is a decent manager or not and nor does anyone else. It's interesting that Allan Preston on Sportsound this afternoon basically publicly said what everyone else has known all along, that Martindale is the 'de facto' manager and calls all the shots. He also very strongly hinted that the reason Holt left was he was fed up of having to do what Martindale decided. As Kenny Miller very quickly did before him. I think Holt probably would take a full time Championship role if one was available but I've no idea if he'd actually be any good at it.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Sorry but change is needed we survived when he was brought in then same last season but only because of covid he signed 3 defenders that alone rings alarm bells.
Gibson Friday night apart has done really well but both mimself ant nortley are not right backs.
Central defence and Central midfield is shocking and the midfield offers no protection to the defence who are being found out.
You have to feel sorry for the keepers in all of this as they are under constant pressure from what I've seen Ferguson is no better that leighfield.
Shields looks good at times as does fitzpatrick poor dobbs at his age needs help and the guys ip fron are struggling why when they are as poos is Goss not getting his chance.
Some very poor signings there and some decent but the buck stops with AJ.
His signing have been poor his tactics poor he can't change things when stuff is going wrong and just seems as if he's no clue what to do next.
time for change must be before Jan tho as any manager will need that month to recover the situation who tho is the question holt? Yogi Hughes? Would they want the job I'd love to see Tommy Sloan come in but this is not the time I don't think I'm I'm unsure but someone with a clue is needed before it's to late.

Our board just don't gamble  which most of the time is a good thing .

They won't overspend especially this season with no idea when crowds will be back even at that if we get 300 in on Boxing day that  will not make us any money probably cost us money .

No way our board will sack AJ pay him 5 months wages for doing nothing then gamble on hoping the new manager will be be better when he could even be worse than AJ  

8 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

No way our board will sack AJ pay him 5 months wages for doing nothing then gamble on hoping the new manager will be be better when he could even be worse than AJ  

Our record in league games in 2020 is 1 win, 4 draws and 11 defeats, and we still have our traditional new year slump to look forward to.   It would be an astounding feat of managerial incompetence not to improve on that.   Then again, we may appoint Michael Paton as manager at some point.

37 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Sack him now the board should have sacked him last season so only having 5 months of a 2 year deal to pay rather than 12 is good going, before he costs the club even more money with relegation and prob a hard road to return to this level cause there is done strong clubs in league 1....

1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Alan Johnston looks & sounds to me like a man that that can't be bothered, & is just going thru the motions.... ONE league win in 15 games this year is not good enough.... Canny imagine anyone being any worse.... 

Totally agree. Huge fan of him first time round, but now think it would be better all round if he fecked off.

11 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Alan Johnston looks & sounds to me like a man that that can't be bothered, & is just going thru the motions.... ONE league win in 15 games this year is not good enough.... Canny imagine anyone being any worse.... 

Neil Lennon?

Reading the back page of today's standard it's Disappointing that AJ seems to be putting Friday nights defeat down to the young players blaming them for running out of ideas... That's a great motivation technique,  Atleast that ment they had ideas to start with unlike Him.... 

Obviously he doesn't think his team can recover from going two goals down either saying "the game was over" when they lost the second goal despite still having almost half the game left to play, Is that because he doesn't have the ability to change things on the pitch? 

C'mon Billy do everybody a favour its time for AJ to GO.... 

Neil Lennon?
Reading the back page of today's standard it's Disappointing that AJ seems to be putting Friday nights defeat down to the young players blaming them for running out of ideas... That's a great motivation technique,  Atleast that ment they had ideas to start with unlike Him.... 
Obviously he doesn't think his team can recover from going two goals down either saying "the game was over" when they lost the second goal despite still having almost half the game left to play, Is that because he doesn't have the ability to change things on the pitch? 
Similar managers in that they are making a complete arse of it, they never ever take personal blame, the fans of their respective clubs can see they aren't the men to turn it around and most importantly both of them are completely out of their depth.

2 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

I came on to post something similar after reading that in today's paper. Unbelievable, can't believe he has the nerve to point the finger at anyone about running out of ideas. Pretty shitty from him using the younger players to once again take the blame away from himself. Sooner he gets to f*ck the better. 

Fans back at Palmerston Dumfries in Level 1  now so hopefully we should have 300 fans in for our Boxing day game against Dundee .

We could do with more than 300 in but it is a start hopefully the costs will not be to high with the extra stewards etc that you will need 

Edited by Northfield 53

42 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Fans back at Palmerston Dumfries in Level 1  now so hopefully we should have 300 fans in for our Boxing day game against Dundee .

We could do with more than 300 in but it is a start hopefully the costs will not be to high with the extra stewards etc that you will need 

Do you reckon as many as 300 will want to watch them?

53 minutes ago, football maniac said:

See the game at home to Hearts has been moved to friday night for BBC coverage. A massive blow as that would have been a potential money maker with the stream service.

Fans will hopefully rally round and support a bumper 50/50 draw anytime we are on the tv. 

1 hour ago, football maniac said:

See the game at home to Hearts has been moved to friday night for BBC coverage. A massive blow as that would have been a potential money maker with the stream service.

Was always going to be picked for TV.

I think that'll be last home one on BBC scotland fir Queens as they only cover 2 home games a season.