The Queen of the South thread

As if the Queens board are going to pass up an opportunity to tug on some Rangers forelocks.

“Highly respected forward thinker” David Rae will probably be wheeled out to have his say on it in the coming days.

#passthesickbag #neverforget

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/qos-chief-david-rae-problems-1166670?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

1 hour ago, Dougie Mills said:

I take it there’s still nothing coming out of the club regarding the conference league vote?

Really hope they read the room this time and do the right thing. 

23 minutes ago, Adamski said:

As if the Queens board are going to pass up an opportunity to tug on some Rangers forelocks.

“Highly respected forward thinker” David Rae will probably be wheeled out to have his say on it in the coming days.

#passthesickbag #neverforget

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/qos-chief-david-rae-problems-1166670?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

I know I shouldn't have read that again, but I did.

It really was a bloody disgraceful and embarrassing episode for our club.  Sickening stuff.

43 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Bit of a random question but what was David Norman like for you guys? Notice he played a few games back in 2018. Was he a midfielder or a defender?

Ooft there's a blast from the past! Never recognised the name but can remember his face. Sadly I can't remember much more than that which suggests he wasn't all that great. Something tells me he was used in centre mid but I could be getting him mixed up with a guy called Ben Dawson. I didn't think he played all that many games though. 

SD will have his stats and a better memory of how he did. 

26 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

I don’t remember a player of that name. Sure it was us? 

A ringing endorsement! He didn’t play much tbf but featured around a dozen times back in 2018. Big Canadian, was on loan from Vancouver at the time.

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Ooft there's a blast from the past! Never recognised the name but can remember his face. Sadly I can't remember much more than that which suggests he wasn't all that great. Something tells me he was used in centre mid but I could be getting him mixed up with a guy called Ben Dawson. I didn't think he played all that many games though. 

No worries, it is also suggests he wasn’t awful! So that’s something I suppose… 

Edited by R.R.FC

2 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

A ringing endorsement! He didn’t play much tbf but featured around a dozen times back in 2018. Big Canadian, was on loan from Vancouver at the time.

No worries, it is also suggests he wasn’t awful! So that’s something I suppose… 

Has he signed for Raith? 

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

Has he signed for Raith? 

Not at the moment I don’t believe, just a name I had heard thrown out about a few days ago and it was one I’d never heard of. Seems a very random one to be made up so may be something to it, has a similar background to Ryan Nolan who we signed last year.

Hoping for a more experienced option but quality, experienced Championship centre half’s are thin on the ground so we may see a more left field signing like Norman.

1 hour ago, R.R.FC said:

Bit of a random question but what was David Norman like for you guys? Notice he played a few games back in 2018. Was he a midfielder or a defender?

He was good I thought, he was a central midfielder. Remember he played really well at Dundee United away, didn’t seem to play many games for us though.

Didn't recognise the name until the Canadian link was mentioned. Think his dad played in Scotland before emigrating. His dad might have been a pal of Naysmith or one the coaching staff. Can't say I recall the lad being exceptionally good or bad, just an inexperienced average player. Think he was on the fringes at Vancouver Whitecaps.  I'm sure he also played at a decent level of ice hockey in Canada. 

2 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

He was good I thought, he was a central midfielder. Remember he played really well at Dundee United away, didn’t seem to play many games for us though.

Aye, remember him in that game. Think he was only over here during the close season in Canada/America for experience. 

34 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

Seeing a report that Dykes is off this summer, are we due any more money if he’s moved on?

Does it say where? It’ll probably be a step down or a sideways move, he’s been poor this season. So can’t see it being much we’d get if anything at all. Definitely won’t go for more than what QPR paid for him. 

ETA - I know he was ill for a bit, before the fan boys jump down my throat, but he was still crap. 

Edited by FrankReynolds

50 minutes ago, FrankReynolds said:

Does it say where? It’ll probably be a step down or a sideways move, he’s been poor this season. So can’t see it being much we’d get if anything at all. Definitely won’t go for more than what QPR paid for him. 

ETA - I know he was ill for a bit, before the fan boys jump down my throat, but he was still crap. 

Blackburn and Rangers

5 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

3 hours ago, QoS99 said:

I thought he was good too, he seemed quite quick and physical and I thought he was more suited to Scottish football than the one-paced Dzierzawski or the abysmally bad Ian McGrath both of whom had joined us from across the pond in the past few years.

I think it was Dougie Anderson who brought him over after he was recommended by his pal Gordon Forrest who was coaching at Vancouver Whitecaps at the time.  I was quite disappointed when he went back to Vancouver.

He played central midfield for us, but a quick google check suggests that he was playing in central defence for Northampton Town at the tail end of last season.

6 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

5 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Ben Dawson was more than 15 years earlier! Thats quite the confusion. 😆

4 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Think he was only over here during the close season in Canada/America for experience. 

59 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

I thought he was good too, he seemed quite quick and physical and I thought he was more suited to Scottish football than the one-paced Dzierzawski or the abysmally bad Ian McGrath both of whom had joined us from across the pond in the past few years.

I think it was Dougie Anderson who brought him over after he was recommended by his pal Gordon Forrest who was coaching at Vancouver Whitecaps at the time.  I was quite disappointed when he went back to Vancouver.

He played central midfield for us, but a quick google check suggests that he was playing in central defence for Northampton Town at the tail end of last season.

@Slipmat has largely summed it up. Background exactly that. Set up between Gordon Forrest and Dougie Anderson. They were keen for him to get senior experience in Scotland in his off season and he had family still in Scotland.

I remember the deal well for the breakneck speed it went through at. It was suggested as a possibility in the evening UK time the day before the window closed and only decided to do it about teatime on deadline day with a 6 hour time difference to cope with and three different FIFA national associations needed to clear it (Scotland, Canada and the USA). Final paperwork was filed online with about an hour to spare and the Canadian authorities cleared it in 7 minutes! 

David was a lovely guy and a decent enough player. Took a while to settle and was a bit part player initially but by the time his spell ended he was a regular in the side and playing well. Vancouver recalled him a couple of weeks early because they wanted him in for pre-season so he went home mid December. He was a defensive midfielder but capable of stepping forward with the ball. It was a few years ago, and I'm aware he's been playing for Northampton as a centre back, but I'd merrily take him back.

4 hours ago, FrankReynolds said:

Well the QPR fans dont agree with you. They are desperate for him to stay. Pretty sure they'll make a profit on him if he goes this summer.