The Queen of the South thread

48 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

In the pitch update it says the shock absorbers have been  inspected but does not  say replaced which surely should be done.

No good a new pitch on old done shock absorbers .

It is like laying a new carpet on poor underlay .

I'd imagine someone with some degree of expertise in the matter did the inspection of the shock absorbing layer, and presumably that person expressed the view that it was fine for another "x" years - hence it wasn't replaced.  Maybe you have expertise in this area though?  I have zero knowledge on these things.

15 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

That's very decent of you, cheers.  I'd really like to think (prior to seeing our squad for next season) that we'll be competitive, but I'm pretty sure we'll not be steamrolling anything.

So many factors in that. Firstly Queens are a good, likable club, who if they came up we would hopefully be competitive with if we stay up. But more importantly you'd be doing everyone a service by keeping Falkirk (for the laugh), Hamilton (for their awful owner) and Cove (for their teuchter Gretna vibes) down.

1 hour ago, Greenacres said:

In the pitch update it says the shock absorbers have been  inspected but does not  say replaced which surely should be done.

It’s absolutely nothing like laying a new carpet on poor underlay. 

9 hours ago, Greenacres said:

Shut up Jack. 

On 30/05/2023 at 07:47, Manwithnoball said:

Paton is going down to England to try his luck if any buying club can agree compensation with us. But that won't be high due to him only being with us 2 years. Probably about same we got for Fitzpatrick around 10k

John Robertson of Edinburgh City away to Linfield so he won’t be our Paton replacement 

Note that Middlesbrough have awarded Sol Brynn a 2 year contract extension after his season on loan to Swindon last year (playing every week). Clearly very highly thought of there and presumably at 22, likely to challenge for a first team shirt there now. I wonder if Kilmarnock fans are still trying to claim that Zach Hemming was the better keeper. 🙄

28 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

Watching the Thistle game and can’t stop thinking that AJ doesn’t deserve another job in football for the way he treated Fitzpatrick

The difference in him since wullie got hold of him and he man managed him correctly. Some player full of confidence 

17 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

Has he even been linked with anything? Even Sandy got a job, not that it went well.

Said after he left us that he won't be getting a decent gig for a very long time. IMO (and I said it at the time) he should never have went to Killie. He thought he could run before he could walk. Should have spent another season with us for the experience and taken it from there. 

Definitely needs a gig at a L1 or 2 side and do a decent job to get back in the window. Given he's never done well without a healthy budget, I doubt it's happening any time soon though. 

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Said after he left us that he won't be getting a decent gig for a very long time. IMO (and I said it at the time) he should never have went to Killie. He thought he could run before he could walk. Should have spent another season with us for the experience and taken it from there. 

Definitely needs a gig at a L1 or 2 side and do a decent job to get back in the window. Given he's never done well without a healthy budget, I doubt it's happening any time soon though. 

If it's not going well for McGlynn in November they should definitely get him in, he can get teams over the line in L1. The same could be said for Cove if they want to get up again.

3 minutes ago, 101 said:

If it's not going well for McGlynn in November they should definitely get him in, he can get teams over the line in L1. The same could be said for Cove if they want to get up again.

Please let Falkirk get him it would be hilarious

4 minutes ago, 101 said:

Be over the moon if Falkirk brought him in. 

4 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

Please let Falkirk get him it would be hilarious

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Be over the moon if Falkirk brought him in. 

It would be fun, but I did think if they had chucked McGlynn this summer he would have been the man for the job. Stacks of Scottish cup cash, reasonable pool of players, play a simple 4-4-2 would likely get up. 

Obviously you guys and cove are a bit of an unknown so it's over to you to keep Falkirk down!

38 minutes ago, 101 said:

It would be fun, but I did think if they had chucked McGlynn this summer he would have been the man for the job. Stacks of Scottish cup cash, reasonable pool of players, play a simple 4-4-2 would likely get up. 

Obviously you guys and cove are a bit of an unknown so it's over to you to keep Falkirk down!

He should have been playing 4-4-2 when he had Dobbie at his disposal but instead decided to go with a system that completely hindered our biggest threat - playing Dobbie up top himself. 

The fanny. 

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Pish football manager and an absolute p***k of a guy. Having to listen to his shite every week about how bad our budget is etc etc is night and day in comparison to how positive Bartley is about us.