The Queen of the South thread

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

Just seen that. Irving would be the most underwhelming one. Good bit of excitement late in the evening mind. 

I interpreted it as a new signing, probably just more out of hope…

5 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

I interpreted it as a new signing, probably just more out of hope…

Aye hopefully. They did highlight an extension before Cochrane was announced right enough. 

3 hours ago, Slipmat said:

Just a week to go until pre-season training begins then.  It certainly looks like it could be a small, intimate affair unless a few signings are announced this week.

Impatience GIFs | Tenor

15 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

Signing at 8.30pm

They just needed prodding into action. 😆

Jordan Houston.  Quite pleased with that business.

Edited by Slipmat

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

Asked on the Ayr thread for info. Never heard of him tbh so can't comment. I wonder if he can also play CB or if we can expect a back 4 next season? 

Hope to f**k we ditch the back 3/5 whatever you want to call it.

25 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Asked on the Ayr thread for info. Never heard of him tbh so can't comment. I wonder if he can also play CB or if we can expect a back 4 next season? 

No chance is he a centre back. He’s more attacking than defending as a right back but I think his confidence took a knock this season after a tricky spell for him at the club so we didn’t get him going forward as much. 

Should be fine for League one level. 

4 hours ago, DoonhamerDon said:

This time last year we had signed up Reilly, Dave McKay, Max Currie, Quitongo, Stuart Morrison and Wilson for our assault on league one.

Given how most of those turned out I'm very happy to give MB some more time to get it right! 

Yeah I think there’s a balance to this. Fans are always very excitable at this time of year and seem to equate just announcing things as good news. Queens signed a lot of players early on which people assumed meant they were organised and making good signings but as you say, people had ignored that most of those players aren’t that good. Equally you don’t want to do what Airdrie did and go into the season with 12 outfielders and then sign a couple of players in September without a proper pre-season. It’s trying to find that balance between getting some solid players signed up early to build from and having patience for key targets who might have better offers elsewhere. 

18 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

No chance is he a centre back. He’s more attacking than defending as a right back but I think his confidence took a knock this season after a tricky spell for him at the club so we didn’t get him going forward as much. 

Should be fine for League one level. 

Admittedly I'd never heard of him.  However, if he can play effectively at right back then it is a welcome signing.  By the sounds of it he has had his share of injuries last season.  Hopefully he can stay fit with us.  Is he any good at stopping crosses?  Stopping and defending crosses have been big issues for us in the last couple seasons.

8 minutes ago, philpy said:

Verdicts on dabrowski Please?? Looks like he Is heading to us (raith).

You'll only get positive reports from us I think. Very able keeper, no keeper's flawless but he'll do well in the Championship.  A good signing for both parties. 

12 minutes ago, philpy said:

He's a good athletic keeper, too good for L1 I'd say and should be fine in the Championship.  I only saw KD a few times but the only slight negative I had was that I got the feeling that he did like to make the odd "Hollywood save" - you know, good for the cameras, that sort of thing.  He'll be a good keeper for you though.  Good with the fans.

2 hours ago, philpy said:

Cracking goalkeeper. Sad to see him go but far too good for L1. Should be one of the best in the Championship as well. probably one of the most vocal goalkeepers we've had and a great shotstopper. He maybe does like a fancy save but as long as a GK keeps them out I don't care how they do it. His biggest weakness is definitely his kicking. If the link works there's a bit of a highlights reel below (failing that go on to QoS twitter to May 17th). There's a save against Alloa that's probably the best save I've ever witnessed live. No idea how he kept it out. 

Seems a really nice guy as well and the fans will warm to him. Wish him well. 

https://twitter.com/Dabrowsky1/status/1658890446326702086/mediaviewer