The Queen of the South thread

43 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Ross Irving returns as expected. Meh. 

Delighted with all the signings to date until this one. The goalie and backs are great additions, Harry re-signing is terrific. Sorry but I just don’t think Ross is good enough and by 21 it’s clear whether the potential is there or not

A quick question which SD will probably be able to answer if no-one else can...

When Ross Irving went to Livingston, was he transferred directly from Queens or was he a free agent at the time?

1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Good squad player, local lad committed to Queens and prob won't burst the bank to have around either. 👍 

Your post is spot on decent  squad player  but one thing for sure we will need much better quality than Irving  to get out of League 1.

Paton  Todd  Connelly and East in that order to sign extensions well Skyline did say he was busy .

Looking like Logan and Hendrie  are both away that only leaves McGrory will be surprised if he is back .

44 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

Your post is spot on decent  squad player  but one thing for sure we will need much better quality than Irving  to get out of League 1.

Paton  Todd  Connelly and East in that order to sign extensions well Skyline did say he was busy .

Looking like Logan and Hendrie  are both away that only leaves McGrory will be surprised if he is back .

Where is Hendrie off to?

2 hours ago, Slipmat said:

A quick question which SD will probably be able to answer if no-one else can...

When Ross Irving went to Livingston, was he transferred directly from Queens or was he a free agent at the time?

He was a free agent. Like everyone else who wasnt Dobbie, Holt or Leighfield his contract lapsed when Covid arrived and we didnt know when we would play again. He did do a bit of pre-season with us when we came back but Johnston didnt offer him a contract and he went off to Livi instead though they loaned him to Gretna I think. 

23 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

So is Ian Wilson currently signed with us? 

Yes

We begin the season on 18th July at home to Motherwell then. 

Elgin A

East Fife H 

QP A

I suppose we should be grateful we have Motherwell at home which gives us a better chance. A Tuesday night is a bit shit though. I'd imagine they'd have brought a decent crowd on the Saturday, especially if it was the opening fixture. Elgin away is shite regardless but hopefully a Saturday is better for the players. QP is closer than Fife as well so that's not too bad. Could have been better, could have been worse. 

5 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Screenshot_20230609-164528.png

Screenshot_20230609-164521.png

Aye, thought that was the story being referred to. It does say players being linked in National newspapers, doesn't mean there was any substance to it at the time, just speculation, and MB was quite right to dismiss it until discussions had taken place. I hope no one is suggesting  Marvin was telling porkies. 

12 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I hope no one is suggesting  Marvin was telling porkies. 

Of course he was, it's part of the job!  Remember when Ian Scott told us Rob Lee just happened to turn up at Palmerston to watch his nephew train? I was actually contacted by the club a few years ago asking me not to name trialists in case it tipped off other clubs. As if his agent isn't telling anyone who'd listen!  I do think things are improving (SD hasn't been dragged off here 😛) but there's still a bit of a culture of secrecy and I don't think they've fully embraced the information age yet?

Edited by Biblemaster
Remembered that embraced was the word I couldn't remember earlier!

22 hours ago, Greenacres said:

Hendrie signed up as a new client with a gang of self-serving leeches sports management agency as soon as last season was over and done with so it certainly looks like he's looking for a new club.

1 hour ago, Slipmat said:

Hendrie signed up as a new client with a gang of self-serving leeches sports management agency as soon as last season was over and done with so it certainly looks like he's looking for a new club.

Good. I won’t cry any tears now we have Church. He was prone to the occasional bomb scare moment so bye! 

56 minutes ago, JK_Queens said:

Friendlies start as early as 24th June with an away game against a decent East Kilbride side. 2pm kick off at K-Park.

No idea if it is closed door or not. 

East Kilbride are advertising it as 3pm? I assume the fact they are advertising it means it's intended to be open door but they've not applied for such with the SFA yet.

53 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

East Kilbride are advertising it as 3pm? I assume the fact they are advertising it means it's intended to be open door but they've not applied for such with the SFA yet.

The Twitter reply says 2pm.

Edit to add: I’m actually talking rubbish having re-read it. 3pm it is.

Edited by JK_Queens

3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Hopefully you have a busy week ahead with extensions and new signing .

Right now our squad is miles away from  being complete but as I keep telling myself there is  plenty of time .My only worry is we don't go down the AJ route of having loads of trialists that as has proved just does not work