The Queen of the South thread

This is from a mate who is a Hibs season ticket holder. Also worth remembering regarding the negative comments about this signing as well was a few Edinburgh City fans didn’t seem to be too bothered about Brydon joining us…

IMG_7493.jpeg

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

Was only 17/18 years old when he was at us but the above is exactly how I would have described him.

Started against us for Hibs in our cup game last season and was hooked at half time(not the only one right enough) as Gary Oliver had him & Bushiri on toast.

That puts the tin lid on it, if Oliver has a player on toast then they must be very suspect. 

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

Was only 17/18 years old when he was at us but the above is exactly how I would have described him.

Started against us for Hibs in our cup game last season and was hooked at half time(not the only one right enough) as Gary Oliver had him & Bushiri on toast.

Hartley hooked him before HT at Cappielow before dropping him and returning him back to Hibs. I remember the game against Morton where he was rash from the first whistle, got an early yellow and was naively lunging into tackles.

He's 21, so still relatively young but I think he'll be competing/backup for places rather than a shoe-in starter.

Just now, CoveRangers1922 said:

Hartley hooked him before HT at Cappielow before dropping him and returning him back to Hibs. I remember the game against Morton where he was rash from the first whistle, got an early yellow and was naively lunging into tackles.

He's 21, so still relatively young but I think he'll be competing/backup for places rather than a shoe-in starter.

He is quoted in the statement as wanting to come here to play regular football, so looks as though he’ll be told he will be starting more games than not…

1 minute ago, Dougie Mills said:

Right can we sign some unknowns from down south so that fans of their previous clubs on here can’t suck the happiness out of me!

Have said before we have to trust M.B. recruitment but I will say I am a bit worried.

Not good when a previous loan club sends a player back early. 

Hopefully better still to sign .

We are desperate for a aggressive experienced centre back our defence is far to young .

If Paton is not coming back I can't see where the goals will come from.

Squad still needs a lot of work on it experience and quality somehow has to be  added .

4 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

This is from a mate who is a Hibs season ticket holder. Also worth remembering regarding the negative comments about this signing as well was a few Edinburgh City fans didn’t seem to be too bothered about Brydon joining us…

IMG_7493.jpeg

They told us that too. Lots of promise, good with the ball at his feet. We didn't see it, genuinely hope you do. There must be a player in there for him to have been on the books at Sevco and Hibs

11 minutes ago, annan4eva said:

Fortunately nothing for me to worry about. 

It's always wise when you're trying to be a smartarse to ensure you quote the right person m8. 

1 minute ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Paton? Connelly? or some young bench filler? 

Stick-on the latter. Fully expecting McMahon or Muir. 

Would be happy enough with Connelly, Kabia or McGrory without being blown away. 

Don't expect East or Paton to be back. 

2 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I could be (probably am) wrong but was Kabia not just a loan? Would he be classed as a re-signing? I'd be happy enough with Connelly again tbf. 

Aye I suppose so, probably rules him out then. 

17 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

Have said before we have to trust M.B. recruitment but I will say I am a bit worried.

Not good when a previous loan club sends a player back early. 

Hopefully better still to sign .

We are desperate for a aggressive experienced centre back our defence is far to young .

If Paton is not coming back I can't see where the goals will come from.

Squad still needs a lot of work on it experience and quality somehow has to be  added .

Maybe he's learned from his previous mistakes and will kick on under Bartley as for Doherty no fekin chance boys absolute dug meat 

Happy with Connelly signing on again. McClelland is as interesting as Docherty. Slated by other teams. The fact he was sent back early from loan at Cove when they were so poor worries me. We are going into the season again with a younger squad but a lot of players we have re-signed have another years experience at this level. 

Paul McKay and Josh Todd are only really experienced players.

But willing to give him the time to get his players to settle in together.