The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, third lanark said:

I have heard a rumour that we we’re looking at him 

Quite surprised at that.  I wouldn't have been disappointed to keep him in L1, but I never really saw him as being top-end Championship level - he was part of our (so-called) defence that got us relegated from the Championship after all - although he was more than adequately aided and abetted in that particular achievement by others tbf.

Edited by Otis Blue

4 hours ago, Rjc-1988 said:

... As others have said Trialist 15 is a very obvious signing target and may have other potential offers. His pace was outstanding and despite having limited time on the pitch he made things happen. Sign him now please or risk losing him.

Over to you SD ... time to get your laptop open, print out the contract (x2), get the lad in a room with a pen and get him to sign it pronto ... a wee courtesy text to Marvin would probably not go amiss either, eh?

Edited by Otis Blue

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

Over to you SD ... time to get your laptop open, print out the contract (x2), get the lad in a room with a pen and get him to sign it pronto ... a wee courtesy text to Marvin would probably not go amiss either, eh?

Yeah he looked good. I still recall rjc and others insisting we should sign Smart Osadolor after he ragdolled Chris Higgins for a game v Annan too though. He barely kicked a ball for Annan again never mind us. 20 mins is a short exposure to decide. Hopefully we see more of him next week.

3 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Quite surprised at that.  I wouldn't have been disappointed to keep him in L1, but I never really saw him as being top-end Championship level - he was part of our (so-called) defence that got us relegated from the Championship after all - although he was more than adequately aided and abetted in that particular achievement by others tbf.

It was only a rumour so it could be nothing 

19 hours ago, Rjc-1988 said:

For the first 25/30 minutes it looked as though we were going to ship 5/6 goals without reply. Midfield was non-existent. Despite it being a meaningless friendly MB obviously didn’t want a hiding and he introduced Connelly after about 30 mins, re-adjusted the formation and then made good changes at HT. We did pretty well after that and created some good chances  at least one of which should have been taken.

My early thoughts are that I like the two keepers, not sure about Houston, thought young Foster did well for his first game,      midfield is very short without Todd and Wilson, desperately need another striker. As others have said Trialist 15 is a very obvious signing target and may have other potential offers. His pace was outstanding and despite having limited time on the pitch he made things happen. Sign him now please or risk losing him.

Was he that good ?

If so why did Livingston not sign him .

Surely we have to start him in the next friendly give him a full game before we decide to offer him anything .

Hopefully then he is still as good having real pace on the wing is a huge asset as was shown when we  had Jones from Middlesbrough.

56 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

Was he that good ?

If so why did Livingston not sign him .

Surely we have to start him in the next friendly give him a full game before we decide to offer him anything .

Hopefully then he is still as good having real pace on the wing is a huge asset as was shown when we  had Jones from Middlesbrough.

Um, maybe Livingston weren't interested because he just isn't good enough for the Premiership?  We're two tiers down, so there's a bit of a quality gap to be taken into consideration.  Martindale must have seen something in him though otherwise he wouldn't have recommended him to Marvin.

I'm not sure if much would be learned if he plays against Gretna on Wednesday, but if he's training with the club this week and is still around on Saturday the Dundee United game may well give Marvin a better idea of his worth.

That said, I  would always take performances in friendlies with a pinch of salt.  Even Ruben looked good, and we all thought Dzierzawski was going to be a Gerrardesque midfield general based on his performance in that one friendly against Hearts and were salivating when his work permit eventually came through.  He turned out to be, well, a bit shite, so nobody should be getting carried away just yet.

2 hours ago, Slipmat said:

Um, maybe Livingston weren't interested because he just isn't good enough for the Premiership?  We're two tiers down, so there's a bit of a quality gap to be taken into consideration.  Martindale must have seen something in him though otherwise he wouldn't have recommended him to Marvin.

I'm not sure if much would be learned if he plays against Gretna on Wednesday, but if he's training with the club this week and is still around on Saturday the Dundee United game may well give Marvin a better idea of his worth.

That said, I  would always take performances in friendlies with a pinch of salt.  Even Ruben looked good, and we all thought Dzierzawski was going to be a Gerrardesque midfield general based on his performance in that one friendly against Hearts and were salivating when his work permit eventually came through.  He turned out to be, well, a bit shite, so nobody should be getting carried away just yet.

Mad that you even had to explain the first bit but agree with this. 

4 hours ago, Slipmat said:

Agreed. And it works both ways. I'm not writing players off based on friendlies (or the League Cup for that matter as it's basically still pre-season). 

1 minute ago, Biblemaster said:

How does tomorrow night work?  Is there a charge to get in?  Will the whole ground be open? Is it open to everyone?

Its open to anyone who wants to turn up. The big grey gates nearest the Arena will be open as they are for Reserve games. There's no charge. Dont know if there might be a donation box for those who may wish but certainly no actual charge. Terrace certainly open. I think it will be possible to sit in one of the stands, probably the new one but only pie shop open will be the one at the back of the terrace. 

2 minutes ago, Accies1 said:

Connor Murray just signed for us, good player at this level?

Hopefully features against us. Fancy us getting a rare win at Hamilton if you start with 10 men.