The Queen of the South thread

8 hours ago, Artemis said:

Why do last season’s games not count? I get that it was a squad he inherited but is it not arguably a bigger achievement to improve the results of a team that wasn’t very good, given the limited time and signings?
If my sums are right, Queens have played 40 league games since being relegated - 20 before and 20 after the arrival of Bartley.

Before P20 W7
Win percentage 35%

After P20 W12
Win percentage 60%

Last season the win % in the league went from 35% to 56%. This season it is 75% although the sample is small right enough.
I’m not suggesting this makes him a candidate for the Hibs job. And maybe 20 games in League 1 isn’t even enough of a track record for a Championship or smaller Premiership club than Hibs to take a punt on him (bearing in mind he also has additional coaching experience with Livingston, although not the same as being a manager). All I’m saying is I don’t think it makes sense to completely ignore last season.

Yes, fair enough.  Those figures are quite impressive right enough.

I was mainly seeing any fear over him departing as a response to our bright start.   He didn't pull up any trees last season, in that we were never going down, and we did still miss out on the          play-offs. 

He definitely improved us though, so I suppose that bigger picture does exist when anyone considers his worth.

5 hours ago, bod said:

Well, hadn't realised I had. Having read back over my post I don't see anything at all untoward about it.

If you want to twist it to suit some weired conspiracy you may have, then carry on.  

Your post implies that Gibson has somehow been poorly treated. Given Marv picks the team, the inference is by Marv. That is then added more by a pointless guidance from Father comment, well knowing that his dad was replaced a manager.

It conveniently forgets to mention the pre-season injury and lack of training as a possible reason. 

I think the comment re sinister forces was a bit tongue in cheek, but your post unsubtely inferred that Marvin had an issue with him.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, fair enough.  Those figures are quite impressive right enough.

I was mainly seeing any fear over him departing as a response to our bright start.   He didn't pull up any trees last season, in that we were never going down, and we did still miss out on the          play-offs. 

He definitely improved us though, so I suppose that bigger picture does exist when anyone considers his worth.

One of our most professional and best managers I’ve seen at Palmy in my 50 years watching us imo. Early days but can only go on the improvement I’ve seen since the last AJ and WG regimes. I think he will go a long way. The organization and grit I’ve seen in last 3 games is encouraging 

41 minutes ago, BeeJay said:

With the signing deadline fast approaching is there any sign of some new recruits coming in? Seems to have gone quiet on that front.

Would imagine we can still get players in on loan after window closes? 

Just now, SUPERSOUTH said:

Would imagine we can still get players in on loan after window closes? 

Yes, if we are still looking to bring players in, I think that it is more likely via the loan system.

In that case, we probably are waiting for the leagues above us to get sorted out first, then see what's left !

1 hour ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

https://twitter.com/OfficialQosFC/status/1697189856563069352?s=20

I possibly missed it but what was the accusation made against him for his red card last weekend?

That he spat on the Cove player. The two pieces of video footage never showed any conclusive proof but sadly it never showed him not spitting so I'm not surprised it hasn't been overruled. Botterill doesn't appear to be that kind of player tbh and in all honesty, looking at the OTT reaction from the Cove player, I don't think he would have that much saliva in his mouth either. 

ETA - just watched our highlights and take back what I just said. Not a chance he's spat at him. He's clearly puckering his lips to wind up Megginson and that fud has reacted as if Botterill has spat at him. Pathetic. Can't believe that hasn't been overturned. 

Edited by 19QOS19

2 hours ago, bod said:

Just in case a certain few have missed this, Andy Carroll has just been released by Reading!

So what would be his goal scoring music?

Olivia Newton John - Physical

XTC - Ten Feet Tall

Jimi Hendrix - Are You Experienced

Could be someone's perfect playlist 😉

11 hours ago, Riviera711 said:

XTC - Ten Feet Tall

Sadly whatever it was some on here would complain that it wasn't right and have a go at the new guy who volunteers his time to provide his services!

11 hours ago, Riviera711 said:

XTC - Ten Feet Tall

More like the Chairman singing - Moneys too tight to mention. 

1 minute ago, bod said:

Sadly whatever it was some on here would complain that it wasn't right and have a go at the new guy who volunteers his time to provide his services!

Not sure what you're prattling about on now. Do you work at being argumentative or does it come naturally. 

24 minutes ago, bod said:

And they'd be well within their right to. Goal music is pish.