The Queen of the South thread

10 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Probably not bad publicity, more just that they didn't need the hassle.

Other than that, my understanding is that Baller isn't too far off with his account.  Queens did block the Hearts move for Cowie, and we have to wonder why, when he's clearly not considered yet up to starting for our first team.

I haven't claimed otherwise tbh. I disputed the fact that Hearts had agreed terms but pulled out because they didn't want "bad publicity" even when they were apparently in the right and Queens were apparently in the wrong. It makes absolutely no sense. 

Edited by 19QOS19

42 minutes ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

Don't like commenting on games I am not at but that appears to be a repeat of the Alloa game.  Wrong team selection by Bartley and wrong game plan if you lose 2 early goals like that.  Good to see we revived 2nd half but we are giving ourselves too much to do.

Will be nowhere near promotion if we continue to be 2 goals behind at HT and end up losing home games.

I assumed Ambrose was carrying a knock. Other than that I don't know who else he should have started that never? Cochrane possibly but again I assume he wasn't 100%. The game plan had nothing to do with us gifting them 2 goals tbh. Again, individual errors. 

Just been told Ambrose was late arriving. If true, I'd say he's let us down big time today. 

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

I assumed Ambrose was carrying a knock. Other than that I don't know who else he should have started that never? Cochrane possibly but again I assume he wasn't 100%. The game plan had nothing to do with us gifting them 2 goals tbh. Again, individual errors. 

Just been told Ambrose was late arriving. If true, I'd say he's let us down big time today. 

That's poor if true. 

I'm just not at all convinced by McKay and McLelland as a pairing. 

Fullbacks/wingbacks were poor today. No wonder McIntyre didn't make it out second half. 

6 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I just find it bizarre that he's used as some kind of yard stick when comparing our current manager. 

To be fair, I don't think NW was particularly guilty of doing that.  He was just answering Otis' question about when we last had a manager assemble a side with a clear vision of what he was doing.

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

To be fair, I don't think NW was particularly guilty of doing that.  He was just answering Otis' question about when we last had a manager assemble a side with a clear vision of what he was doing.

It wasn't in response to that one message tbf. 

30 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

I'm just not at all convinced by McKay and McLelland as a pairing. 

Fullbacks/wingbacks were poor today. No wonder McIntyre didn't make it out second half. 

Out of the four, McLelland was the only one who got pass marks from me. I had been hoping that McKay would come back from his injury and step up but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

Not sure what Houston has done to deserve never getting a minute - he seemed fairly solid to my eyes.

5 minutes ago, Riviera711 said:

Out of the four, McLelland was the only one who got pass marks from me. I had been hoping that McKay would come back from his injury and step up but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

Not sure what Houston has done to deserve never getting a minute - he seemed fairly solid to my eyes.

McClelland looks raw to me but has potential. 

IMHO McKay thinks he's a player but doesn't do the basics of defending.

6 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

It's literally the basic, or lack of, that are costing us. I think McClelland is raw as you say and I'm in no way defending McKay, but McClelland lost his man for the first today. 

7 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

18 minutes ago, Riviera711 said:

Agree. There's something about McLelland. Definitely raw but a player there. Think he'd massively benefit from a wise head next to him. 

Also, when is Brydon due back?

1 minute ago, bod said:

Today's shambolic performance lies solely at the feet of one person. Mr Bartley,  plain and simple.

I hope Mr Bartley comes out and says he got his game plan and team selection wrong hopefully he will learn from it .

Armbrose was late not good enough  speak to him on Monday fine him but don't drop him from the team .

10 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Need to be careful Marvin doesn't show too much that he knows what he's doing or some big team will poach him before Christmas. 

(Sarc) 

9 hours ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

Allan Johnston 2012/13 put together an outstanding team/squad that was superb  Won trophies, could match Championship and Premier teams in Cups.

Sounds like we need Marvin's Plan B ... if he has one ... 😎

PS - just knew I was tempting fate ...

First half was shocking today. No urgency and the goals were poor. Improved after Ambrose came on and getting to 2-2 early-ish in the second half you felt we'd go on and win it. Lost the momentum when McKechnie went off (did he pick up an injury?) then when we lost the third the wind went out our sails. Still had a couple of good chances to equalise though. However, just an annoying performance rather than truly worrying I'd say. 

Edit: meant to say McKechnie and Connolly were causing havoc for a while at the start of the second half. Clearly had been given a rocket by MB. 

Edited by ShadyLane

11 minutes ago, bod said:

Yes I was, were you?

Yes. I'm intrigued to find out how you think MB is to blame for Cammy Logan's indecision for the first, the new LB making an arse of it before McClelland totally loses his man for the second and the shocking lack of basic tracking for the 3rd? 

Unless of course your answer is "he assembled the squad", I don't know how shocking individual mistakes are MBs fault tbh. 

10 minutes ago, ShadyLane said:

First half was shocking today. No urgency and the goals were poor. Improved after Ambrose came on and getting to 2-2 early-ish in the second half you felt we'd go on and win it. Lost the momentum when McKechnie went off (did he pick up an injury?) then when we lost the third the wind went out our sails. Still had a couple of good chances to equalise though. However, just an annoying performance rather than truly worrying I'd say. 

Edit: meant to say McKechnie and Connolly were causing havoc for a while at the start of the second half. Clearly had been given a rocket by MB. 

McKechnie being hooked is the worst decision MB made today IMO. Felt like he was too eager to bring on the new guy but it was a bad decision.