The Queen of the South thread

2 hours ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

Arbroath at home. A fairly uninspiring draw, having played them loads over the years.

Difficult to avoid teams we've played loads of times over the years tbf, the "foreign" teams are out iirc, Premiership "B" teams I wouldn't want to meet anyway, only leaves a few from L2 possibly. At least it's a team outwith our division and at home, although a day in Arbroath would have been nice.

Edit: Just  noticed New Saints are still in but we've been there too. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Already, the best we can possibly hope for is a play-off spot.

Pretty bloody dispiriting.

Surely that is all you expected Falkirk and Hamilton were always going to pull away looking at the squads at the start of the season .

We must make the top 4 but has Marvin signed enough quality he has more or less gone down the Wullie Gibson route of signing a huge squad with very  limited experience 

The loan signing have all  been a huge dissapoinment not one has been a success .

Will that makes us better I don't think so 

Sometimes I think he is to clever for his good with his strange  team selections and game plans ..

31 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Already, the best we can possibly hope for is a play-off spot.

Pretty bloody dispiriting.

It's been a very mixed start to the season.

Not sure what he sees in the likes of Logan or McLellan - the former has been poor this season and the latter looks nothing like a footballer.

33 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

https://x.com/OfficialQosFC/status/1703087744761901503?s=20

Not a big deal but our Twitter output is really quite rubbish.

I know, volunteers etc, but doesn't stop non-leagues doing better social media updates. 

Thats an odd take on whats pretty obviously an old tweet posted by an automated system

6 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

Thats an odd take on whats pretty obviously an old tweet posted by an automated system

I don’t think it is an odd take, tbh. The automated system regularly puts things out out of order. I get that the club relies on volunteers, and that it’s a lot of work, but the simple presentation of our Twitter feed on match days is way behind what others do. The fact that we don’t have a team sheet graphic is a basic example of this. 

1 hour ago, Greenacres said:

Surely that is all you expected Falkirk and Hamilton were always going to pull away looking at the squads at the start of the season .

To be honest, I was hopeful that nobody would have disappeared over the horizon by mid-September.

We've taken 50% of the available points thus far.  It's a disappointing start.  

35 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

To be honest, I was hopeful that nobody would have disappeared over the horizon by mid-September.

Stating the obvious but we need to put a good run of wins together starting next week and through when the teams above start playing each other.

Strange that in the past two games - and on big pitches at that - Bartley has opted to field teams which are designed to soak up pressure and then hit on the break but leaves our two quickest wingers on the bench.  Seems to be a bit of cutting off his nose to spite his face there.

On a slightly different note, I really hope Church is close to playing because by all accounts MacIntyre couldn't handle Morrison today, Gibson was in the same boat against Lawless last week and in both games McClelland has been drawn out of the middle of defence to try and prevent the said two opponents making further progress or firing in crosses and got caught in the middle of nowhere between the centre-back and left-back positions.

I've mentioned it previously, but I have this nagging feeling that when Brydon is fit the two Hibs loanees will still be the first two defenders down on the teamsheet and Ambrose and Church (if he is ever fit) will be the ones to make way for them.  I just hope I am wrong.

4 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

Strange that in the past two games - and on big pitches at that - Bartley has opted to field teams which are designed to soak up pressure and then hit on the break but leaves our two quickest wingers on the bench.  Seems to be a bit of cutting off his nose to spite his face there.

On a slightly different note, I really hope Church is close to playing because by all accounts MacIntyre couldn't handle Morrison today, Gibson was in the same boat against Lawless last week and in both games McClelland has been drawn out of the middle of defence to try and prevent the said two opponents making further progress or firing in crosses and got caught in the middle of nowhere between the centre-back and left-back positions.

I've mentioned it previously, but I have this nagging feeling that when Brydon is fit the two Hibs loanees will still be the first two defenders down on the teamsheet and Ambrose and Church (if he is ever fit) will be the ones to make way for them.  I just hope I am wrong.

Could be part of their loan deal, they play when fit!

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Not often I agree with Northfield tbh but I agree with his take tbh. If we finish 3rd I'll be delighted and hopefully sneak through in the playoffs. It's disheartening we're already falling away from the top 2 but as long as we're not falling away from the playoffs then I'll be content. 

3 minutes ago, bod said:

Could be part of their loan deal, they play when fit!

That is never part of any loan deal .

I really hoped with Bartley contacts that he could attract decent loan signing not boys who are not ready for League 1 football.

Bartley seems to want to develop young players that is all great talk but the bottom line is he must win games of football . 

9 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

That is never part of any loan deal .

I really hoped with Bartley contacts that he could attract decent loan signing not boys who are not ready for League 1 football.

Bartley seems to want to develop young players that is all great talk but the bottom line is he must win games of football . 

Would you like to bet on that?

54 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Not often I agree with Northfield tbh but I agree with his take tbh. If we finish 3rd I'll be delighted and hopefully sneak through in the playoffs. It's disheartening we're already falling away from the top 2 

I'm not convinced that we're disagreeing here.

Is the bold bit not precisely what I said?