The Queen of the South thread

31 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Alloa at home - by all accounts was poor against a team who are struggling since Andy Graham took over.

A team who just went on their longest unbeaten run since 2019 are indeed struggling hard.

3 hours ago, Biblemaster said:

It does of course carry the great risk that by the time next season comes around, crowds will have dwindled to such an extent that we can't afford to compete with Arbroath or whoever, never mind The Biggest team in Scotland.

FTFY

27 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

A player who isn't good enough for our rivals who are also vying for a playoff spot. Great piece of business.

Fear not ... I'm sure we have a cunning plan ... 😐

26 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

A player who isn't good enough for our rivals who are also vying for a playoff spot. Great piece of business. 

IMG-20240201-WA0006.jpg

It seems Marv tried to get him in the summer so he has  surely  seen something he can work with I hope so .

As I have said this is a re run of  the Doherty signing 

Wonder if that will be us for today in and out .We can still sign players on loan in February ?

Going by the poor reviews from Hamilton fans on here this is hardly a ringing endorsement of Bartleys recruitment.  However, I will wait until I see him in action for us before making any judgment.  Hopefully he can hit the ground running.

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

A team who just went on their longest unbeaten run since 2019 are indeed struggling hard.

Apologies - no offence intended but I wasn’t conscious of a great Alloa run of results. To be fair when I look at the results they look decent but not great - 8 points from last 5 games (one of them against Edinburgh). I guess I was influenced by Saturdays heavy home defeat at the hands of Falkirk.

1 hour ago, Greenacres said:

It seems Marv tried to get him in the summer so he has  surely  seen something he can work with I hope so .

As I have said this is a re run of  the Doherty signing 

Wonder if that will be us for today in and out .We can still sign players on loan in February ?

Well, we have to keep our fingers crossed that he just wasn't the right fit at Hamilton.  Or Tranmere.  Or Accrington.  Unfortunately to me he sounds like another Innes Cameron.  Hopefully we'll be proved wrong, but I do have to say that on past evidence for a man who obsesses over individual mistakes, Bartley has made a hell of a lot himself in the recruitment market.  I'm not sure this is a marked improvement.

11 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Kilsby from Carlisle. Was on loan at Annan recently. 

Have we not got our full quota of loanees? Maybe McIntyre or someone is going.  back