The Queen of the South thread

13 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

I noticed on Facebook that someone suggested putting DAN in charge of the playing side for rest of season. Funnily enough I bumped into Dan at the recent Kelty away game and said the exact same thing to him. He laughed BUT I was deadly serious. Dan has done brilliantly in every job at the club. - why would he necessarily fail at this one?

I think Dan would energise the entire club because everybody would be willing him to do well. Let’s be honest the playing results can only go one way. That would buy us time until we can make another appointment or just decide that he is the man for the job. The players might also just “pull their fingers out”.

When you say "someone" you mean you, right?

On 25/02/2024 at 11:07, Monkey Tennis said:

Maybe it's part of why they spent so long down here.

I'm not convinced that blind loyalty represents the most effective form of protest.  I don't want our support to be unconditional, to be taken for granted.

The most effective form of protest is to take control your club and change things for the better.

13 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

Well, they dont call him the Ginger Mourinho for nothing 

How much do they pay him then to call him the Ginger Mourinho. 

As for the suggestion of giving Dan the job, about the daftest thing I've heard. For a start, the last time we promoted the Reserve Manager it didn't end very well results wise as I recall. 

37 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

How much do they pay him then to call him the Ginger Mourinho. 

As for the suggestion of giving Dan the job, about the daftest thing I've heard. For a start, the last time we promoted the Reserve Manager it didn't end very well results wise as I recall. 

As daft as keeping the current Manager in post?

19 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

As daft as keeping the current Manager in post?

The current Manager shouldn't still be in the position but that doesn't mean Dan Armsstrong should be the man to try and save us. He does sterling work for the club without doubt but tbh I've no idea of his footballing or coaching credentials. 

2 hours ago, Rjc-1988 said:

I noticed on Facebook that someone suggested putting DAN in charge of the playing side for rest of season. Funnily enough I bumped into Dan at the recent Kelty away game and said the exact same thing to him. He laughed BUT I was deadly serious. Dan has done brilliantly in every job at the club. - why would he necessarily fail at this one?

I think Dan would energise the entire club because everybody would be willing him to do well. Let’s be honest the playing results can only go one way. That would buy us time until we can make another appointment or just decide that he is the man for the job. The players might also just “pull their fingers out”.

Behave. Smashing guy but I see no qualifications for him to be our first team manager. 

Both Rangers & Sunderland seen through a manager that talks the talk but canny mange just wish Billy and the rest of the board could see that with our manager and do what's right for the club... 

AGM on Wed night Marvin will talk his way through that no problem..

3 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

Behave. Smashing guy but I see no qualifications for him to be our first team manager. 

We both know it’s not going to happen but just as a matter of interest what are these qualifications that guarantee success in the role?

Some of the best Managers had no playing career to speak of, were dreadful communicators, some did not believe in coaching. Bartley arrived with a dossier full of positive qualifications and  many would say he is one of the worst Managers that Queens have had in our long history.

23 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

Is that Bartley or Dan you're referring to?

1 hour ago, Rjc-1988 said:

We both know it’s not going to happen but just as a matter of interest what are these qualifications that guarantee success in the role?

Some of the best Managers had no playing career to speak of, were dreadful communicators, some did not believe in coaching. Bartley arrived with a dossier full of positive qualifications and  many would say he is one of the worst Managers that Queens have had in our long history.

I have no idea if Dan would be any good or not. However, the most appealing thing about it is that hes already on the pay roll and so wouldn’t cost us another wage. That way we could put Marv & Bertie on gardening leave til the end of the season while continuing to pay their wages til we can afford their pay off. Jesus, I’m almost willing to consider any left field idea now just to see the back of him. What a disastrous appointment he has been.

i sincerely hope, for the Directors sake, that it’s only our perilous finances that are keeping them from sacking Marv.. If not, then it reflects very badly on them that they haven't pulled the plug yet and is almost a dereliction of their duties as a Board

5 hours ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Worth trying an untested manager at the club. 

12 hours ago, sidofthesouth said:

I have no idea if Dan would be any good or not. However, the most appealing thing about it is that hes already on the pay roll and so wouldn’t cost us another wage. That way we could put Marv & Bertie on gardening leave til the end of the season while continuing to pay their wages til we can afford their pay off. Jesus, I’m almost willing to consider any left field idea now just to see the back of him. What a disastrous appointment he has been.

i sincerely hope, for the Directors sake, that it’s only our perilous finances that are keeping them from sacking Marv.. If not, then it reflects very badly on them that they haven't pulled the plug yet and is almost a dereliction of their duties as a Board

You make a very good point regarding the necessity to avoid increasing the payroll. Your summary of the situation is exactly the same as mine. Gardening leave and then appoint someone till the end of the season. 

We've been served up so much shite over the past few years that folk are actually losing their minds as a result. The discussion is about giving our COMMERCIAL MANAGER the role of first team Manager?! Take a step back and think about that :lol:

Dan is probably the best thing about the club just now. Let's just keep him where he is, doing brilliantly.