The Queen of the South thread

Top end of the league - Looks like Inverness may be in playoff with Hamilton and two others. If Hamilton go up then inverness come down; if inverness stay up then Hamilton remain for next season. If one of the other two teams win the playoff then we could have Hamilton and inverness next season.

If we stay in the league then things will just be as tough next season having got rid of Falkirk

7 minutes ago, queenslad said:

Top end of the league - Looks like Inverness may be in playoff with Hamilton and two others. If Hamilton go up then inverness come down; if inverness stay up then Hamilton remain for next season. If one of the other two teams win the playoff then we could have Hamilton and inverness next season.

If we stay in the league then things will just be as tough next season having got rid of Falkirk

Would fancy ICT tbh. Hamilton didn't look like a side who are going to do well in the play-offs, Cove have been inconsistent, Alloa seem to be hitting a terrible spell at a bad time and Montrose are falling off a cliff. At this point I'd expect 9th to come through the playoffs. And obviously hope so as well. As bad as our record against them is, I'd rather have Hamilton and Rankin than ICT or Qu££ns Park. 

16 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Would fancy ICT tbh. Hamilton didn't look like a side who are going to do well in the play-offs, Cove have been inconsistent, Alloa seem to be hitting a terrible spell at a bad time and Montrose are falling off a cliff. At this point I'd expect 9th to come through the playoffs. And obviously hope so as well. As bad as our record against them is, I'd rather have Hamilton and Rankin than ICT or Qu££ns Park. 

Would rather ICT in the league next season due to the way their finances are looking and rumours they’d go PT if they came down. Meanwhile I think Hamilton would just chuck money at it again next year in the hope of winning the league if they stay down.

1 hour ago, die hard doonhamer said:

If ICT come down there is every chance they’ll be part time, and possibly even have a points deduction for an insolvency event. They are not in a good way. 

1 hour ago, QoS99 said:

Would rather ICT in the league next season due to the way their finances are looking and rumours they’d go PT if they came down. Meanwhile I think Hamilton would just chuck money at it again next year in the hope of winning the league if they stay down.

Didn't realise Caley were in such a bad way tbh. 

14 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Echo what others have already said about Ches. A great servant to the Club both on and off the park. Sadly another passing of someone I admired in my teenage years watching Queens. Condolences to his family and friends. 

His career started with a promotion to the top league in 61-62 and finished with promotion from the third tier to the second tier in 80-81.  A to pro and by all accounts a very nice man too.  I wonder how many games he played with Allan Ball?

Already Marv is thinking of a game plan in our must win game against Kelty that is the problem ..

We play 4-4-2  against Alloa and win the game yet we change to a diamond formation against Hamilton .

That is problem Marv overthinks his game plan is too clever for his own good 

Just stick to getting your best 11 players on the park 4-4-2 go and try and win the game forget about fancy diamonds or whatever set up Marv comes up with next .

Very sad news about Ches. Was a permanent fixture in the Queens side for almost 20 years. That takes some doing in itself but his goal scoring record is incredible for a defender. 79 goals I think which equates to almost one goal in every 8 games. I recall him being the penalty taker for a while but he also packed a decent shot when he strode forward from his defensive duties. He occasionally played up front.

In the 60s/70s we had four local mainstays in the team - Ballie, Ches, Jimmy Kerr and Billy Collings. All great servants.

RIP - Ches.

I am sick of watching Queens they really do everything they can to push you away .

We are a very  poor team with a clueless manager heading for the wrong playoffs which we will not win .

Our home record for a full time team in League 1 is disgraceful 10 defeats is criminal 

The board are to blame for  not getting rid of Bartley months ago 

Bartley must be away in the summer take the financial hit  in a massive clear out then get McCall  in to try and sign a decent part time squad to get out of League 2 make no mistake that is where Bartley is taking us .

12 hours ago, overthetop said:

Groundhog Day by the clown and his team

Yip, right down to the content of his latest interview.

Again we get the elongated focus on a goal we lose, as if each incident is entirely isolated.

Again, we get the blaming of individuals as he names Reilly for missing a chance.

Again we get the abdication of responsibility, as he distances himself from the debacle, saying that it's "not tactical".  

He signs off by saying that if we win our last 4 games "that's enough".  Even if we leave aside how unlikely such a scenario is, he's wrong to think that finishing outside of the play-off spots at both ends of the table is enough.  This is so far short of anything that's remotely acceptable for the club.  I genuinely think he doesn't know that.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

39 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yip, right down to the content of his latest interview.

Again we get the elongated focus on a goal we lose, as if each incident is entirely isolated.

Again, we get the blaming of individuals as he names Reilly for missing a chance.

Again we get the abdication of responsibility, as he distances himself from the debacle, saying that it's "not tactical".  

He signs off by saying that it we win our last 4 games "that's enough".  Even if we leave aside how unlikely such a scenario is, he's wrong to think that finishing outside of the play-off spots at both ends of the table is enough.  This so far short of anything that's remotely acceptable for the club.  I genuinely think he doesn't know that.

I really wish Sandra would stop being so nice to him asking him easy questions the interviews are really not worth listening too.

Why not ask him why the hell did he put 3 subs on when we had just scored surely better to leave it to let things settle down after the goal then maybe put subs on .

He is a arrogant smart arse of a manager who thinks he is always right.

I could take it more if he came on and said I made a mistake with the subs or got the game plan wrong but he will never do that .

I really think in his smart arse head he is doing a good job .

Every home game it gets worse already have nightmares of our next disaster against Edinburgh .

I never listen to Bartleys's interviews because they are a waste of time and I don't expect probing questions to be asked by the interviewer because she is basically a Club puppet. It's like a lot of things happening about the Club just now, tired and lethargic, it's just become a matter of routine to have an interview but the content doesn't seem to matter.

Am sure I suggested this before, but if money is the sole cause for not sacking him now, could we organise a GoFundMe to sack him now? I'd happily donate. 

Just had a look on our official site. 
As is well documented Bartley is contracted to May 2025. 
Someone understandably commented yesterday that they can’t wait for the end of the season but a fair number of our underachieving players I.e. Brydon,  Church, Hutchinson, Doherty, Cochrane and McKechnie are also contracted to May 2025. 

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

5 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Just had a look on our official site. 
As is well documented Bartley is contracted to May 2025. 
Someone understandably commented yesterday that they can’t wait for the end of the season but a fair number of our underachieving players I.e. Brydon,  Church, Hutchinson, Doherty, Cochrane and McKechnie are also contracted to May 2025. 

You'd hope a decent manager, hell even a semi competent manager, would be able to get something out of these players. Our current Walter Mitty hasn't a clue.