The Queen of the South thread

The statement reads as if we've not even started interviews yet, which is worrying, to say the least.

Davie Rae in todays sun "Were not in any hurry to appoint a manager"

FFS pre season starts in 2 weeks time and we only have 2 outfield players and a keeper. No manager or no coaches.

Time for this clown to get out of our club. He is killing the club.

Maybe the time has come for Billy Hewitson to take the chairman role.

FFS pre season starts in 2 weeks time and we only have 2 outfield players and a keeper. No manager or no coaches.

Maybe that's what you are going with? Down to the bare bones and all that?

Maybe he is also a lot smarter than we all think! :rolleyes: I'm sure he knows that other teams are frightened to offer contracts at the moment, there are still plenty of good players without clubs. I'm just not too sure that the players that are available are good enough to succeed at our level. :(

Maybe he is also a lot smarter than we all think! :rolleyes: I'm sure he knows that other teams are frightened to offer contracts at the moment, there are still plenty of good players without clubs. I'm just not too sure that the players that are available are good enough to succeed at our level. :(

Are they? A quick read through the transfer threads will tell you thats simply not true

This should have been sorted out weeks ago and it certainly aint a good feeling being a QOS fan just now, with pre-season only a matter of weeks away, not knowing where we are training and only having 3 full time pro's signed up !! BUT....It cant be all doom and gloom before a ball is kicked, would love the BOD to appoint a high profile Manager if possible and hopefully this would give the club a boost. ( Im sure there are one or two in the applicants). Plenty of decent players still looking for contracts and the longer it goes on then they will be more likely to sign for lesser wages...This is the start of a new era for the club so until it all goes completely t**s up I will remain optomistic.:rolleyes:

The former Falkirk striker? :P

No, ex-Queen's Park, Everton & Crystal Palace plus a few other clubs.

I would be really worried if I was a Queen's fan, competitive season starts in around 6 weeks and no manager is in place. Hardly any players signed it sounds a receipe for disaster.

I know they couldn't appoint anyone until Kenny Brannigan had officially departed but to leave it till this late without having had any interviews is just crazyness. Just makes you wonder why they just didn't pay the big man's contract up for what was left on it and then start the recruiting process immediately instead of dragging it out till now.

Edited by Druridge_Bay_Dogger

This should have been sorted out weeks ago and it certainly aint a good feeling being a QOS fan just now, with pre-season only a matter of weeks away, not knowing where we are training and only having 3 full time pro's signed up !! BUT....It cant be all doom and gloom before a ball is kicked, would love the BOD to appoint a high profile Manager if possible and hopefully this would give the club a boost. ( Im sure there are one or two in the applicants). Plenty of decent players still looking for contracts and the longer it goes on then they will be more likely to sign for lesser wages...This is the start of a new era for the club so until it all goes completely t**s up I will remain optomistic.:rolleyes:

You are quite correct Musky, we really do need a high profile manager brought in or we will not be able to motivate the locals for the coming season. I would imagine that season ticket sales must be at their lowest point since we returned to this level? Only Skyline will know the answer to that, but doubt he will give us any indications.

PS. I saw on the MAD site that at one point you were not going to enter the shirt draw, but then decided to. Did you?

You are quite correct Musky, we really do need a high profile manager brought in or we will not be able to motivate the locals for the coming season. I would imagine that season ticket sales must be at their lowest point since we returned to this level? Only Skyline will know the answer to that, but doubt he will give us any indications.

PS. I saw on the MAD site that at one point you were not going to enter the shirt draw, but then decided to. Did you?

Maybe SD won't give him the money for a new manager.

I know they couldn't appoint anyone until Kenny Brannigan had officially departed but to leave it till this late without having had any interviews is just crazyness. Just makes you wonder why they just didn't pay the big man's contract up for what was left on it and then start the recruiting process immediately instead of dragging it out till now.

That would have been the logical way forward. Brannigan out after the last game of the season with the job advertised in the press the next day.

That would have been the logical way forward. Brannigan out after the last game of the season with the job advertised in the press the next day.

I get the impression the BoD were scared stiff of KB and just hoped he'd go away. Either that or we're really stuffed financially and they didn't want to pay up the few weeks of his contract, assuming Brannigan was contracted until 31 May. Advertising his job when he was still officially employed by Queens would have just taken too much backbone, I'm afraid.

Let's face it, we have all known for some time that Brannigan was not going to get his contract renewed. There appears to have been no forward planning whatsoever.

No, ex-Queen's Park, Everton & Crystal Palace plus a few other clubs.

I would be really worried if I was a Queen's fan, competitive season starts in around 6 weeks and no manager is in place. Hardly any players signed it sounds a receipe for disaster.

I would be almost certain that the remainder of Brannigans contract was paid up, from the date he received his letter until the end of his contract. The failing was not telling him sooner, ie after the last game of the season, as qos_75 said. I think MB has pretty much hit the nail on the head though

Season ticket sales to date are 0

HTH :)

Season ticket sales to date are 0

HTH :)

HTH?

Anyway Mr X it is now absolutely vital that a high profile manager is contracted or we really are in trouble. :unsure:

Has anyone heard if somebody is fixing up preseason muckaboot games? Even more important this season than any I can ever remember. :unsure:

As an outsider to this, what on earth has gone wrong down there? Is it as simple as Rae losing the plot? I always got the impression that Queens were a well run club with a fair wee bit of potential. Now they seem to have imploded. It's a shame.

As an outsider to this, what on earth has gone wrong down there? Is it as simple as Rae losing the plot? I always got the impression that Queens were a well run club with a fair wee bit of potential. Now they seem to have imploded. It's a shame.

I don't think it is quite as bad as that, although it is disappointing nevertheless. The appointment of a manager, backroom staff and squad will tell us a bit more about where we are at.

HTH?

Anyway Mr X it is now absolutely vital that a high profile manager is contracted or we really are in trouble. :unsure:

Has anyone heard if somebody is fixing up preseason muckaboot games? Even more important this season than any I can ever remember. :unsure:

Here To Help

It is a complete & utter shambles. Sadly it is also a shambles that could be seen coming. From the lack of communication to the cowardly manner in which they handled Kenny Brannigans departure the board seem just seem to stumble from one disaster to the next. They now seem determined to drag out the recruitment process indefinitely (note that there has been no definite time frame given for the appointment of a new manager). Surely they know by now which of the 30 claimed applicants they would like to speak to? Interviews should really have been conducted by the end of last week. There just seems to be no forward planning in evidence at all.

The consequence of all this is that the new manager is not going to be left with much time at all to get a team together. Following this the team then has to gel together. Something that can often take time. We will really have to hit the ground running.

Finally, I'm glad to see Ayr back in the 1st. Looking forward to the trips up next season.