The Queen of the South thread

Why do you assume that Simmons etc will depart ?

McPherson obviously rates them highly.

That is why McPherson has to go - end of.

I'd assume that most of the players will depart because they think they are better than playing in Div2. And since their contracts expire in the Summer (?) we can't stop the rats jumping the sinking ship.

I'd like to see us attract the best part-time players available for next season rather than the bottom of the barrel full-time dross.

I'd assume that most of the players will depart because they think they are better than playing in Div2. And since their contracts expire in the Summer (?) we can't stop the rats jumping the sinking ship.

I'd like to see us attract the best part-time players available for next season rather than the bottom of the barrel full-time dross.

I'm probably being extremely naive and unrealistic but after this season and Gus's mentality of sucking all enjoyment out of football I would settle for being remotely entertained next season. A young ambitious manager in the mould of a McInnes/Pressley etc. supplementing a squad largely made up of our own youth players with the odd bit of experience in essential areas (see Darren Dods at Falkirk). It might not be any more successful than the dizzy heights our experienced manager and players have taken us to this season, in all likelihood it may be less so (I doubt a squad made up as I suggest would be capable of the disciplined performance away to Aberdeen for example). It might make it slightly more appealing to part with money to watch the team though.

The sad and more likely scenario is the board will stick with Gus, he will sign a squad of his old buddies (no pun intended) who are now coming to the end of their careers and are happy to go through the motions in the 2nd division. He will probably clog us to a play-off position, which ultimately ends in disappointment but is painted as a success due to the massive cutbacks he has faced. All the young boys will f**k off due to lack of first team opportunities, and we will remain in the 2nd signing squad of diddies, after squad of diddies.

Surely not true blacko is Queens thru and thru!

Not sure if the story is correct or not but anybody that knows Ian will tell you this guy does a fantastic job as kit man . A dream come true for a fanatical Queens fan and our club historian .

I just hope the 'Queens mafia' haven't got him on their hit list , if so then there'll only be one loser and that's QOSFC .

Not sure if the story is correct or not but anybody that knows Ian will tell you this guy does a fantastic job as kit man . A dream come true for a fanatical Queens fan and our club historian .

I just hope the 'Queens mafia' haven't got him on their hit list , if so then there'll only be one loser and that's QOSFC .

The new chairmans henchman is a busy man.

What a load of rubbish on our official site tonight.

Apparently if Ayr win one more match then we are destined for division 2.. Now while that may prove to be the case it isn't factually correct as things stand. If Ayr take 3 points and we take 6 (pretty unlikely I know) we in all probability would finish 9th.

The same article also claims that Raith's victory last week secures their first division status. Again not true as things stand.

Really poor.

What a load of rubbish on our official site tonight.

Apparently if Ayr win one more match then we are destined for division 2.. Now while that may prove to be the case it isn't factually correct as things stand. If Ayr take 3 points and we take 6 (pretty unlikely I know) we in all probability would finish 9th.

The same article also claims that Raith's victory last week secures their first division status. Again not true as things stand.

Really poor.

DD I think it puts a positive spin on the inevitable. The result on Saturday consigned us to relegation, it really is as simple as that. I would fancy teams in the the Dumfries Saturday amatuer league to do better than Queens against Raith and County in the next two games. Too many of our players simply do not have the balls to win the next two games on the trot.

I have resigned myself to this fact a long time ago.

No, I will be pleased when the vast majority f**k off in the summer and we get players in that want to win the (2nd Division) league.

DD I think it puts a positive spin on the inevitable. The result on Saturday consigned us to relegation, it really is as simple as that. I would fancy teams in the the Dumfries Saturday amatuer league to do better than Queens against Raith and County in the next two games. Too many of our players simply do not have the balls to win the next two games on the trot.

I have resigned myself to this fact a long time ago.

No, I will be pleased when the vast majority f**k off in the summer and we get players in that want to win the (2nd Division) league.

I just think our OS should at least make the effort to get things right from a factual point of view. The post last night is sloppy in the extreme. I`m pretty much resigned to us going down but key details of the stuff posted are just plain wrong. They are even more negative than the situation actually is, difficult I know but they`ve managed it.

Heard this morning, big blacko the kit man was sacked before the game last nite, anyone heard anything?

Heard confirmation of this today.It is a sad,sad day when it sinks as low as this.

I will have to think long and hard about renewing my season ticket/shirt entry.

I regularly buy a weekly draw ticket,and also the halftime draw tickets but I dont know if I will be back.

Edited by weeredbook

Heard confirmation of this today.It is a sad,sad day when it sinks as low as this.

I regularly buy a weekly draw ticket,and also the halftime draw tickets but I dont know if I will be back.

Because we've allegedly sacked the kitman? Seems like a bit of an overreaction!

Rumour confirmed!!

Sad day,the club is Slowly dieing on its feet would have thought been better to get rid of one part of the management team! Surely more cost cutting there! Now starting to look like the New Director is running the club!!

He have no fear of sacking people or closing down sites!!

Because we've allegedly sacked the kitman? Seems like a bit of an overreaction!

Thats for me to decide

.Kitman ? Museum founder, historian,and a man who would do anything for the club.

Overreaction ? I take it you know the new chairman quite well ? .If you do then my reaction will be self explanitory.