The Queen of the South thread

We deserve to go down, the team is horrible and Gus hasn't got a clue.

Time to regroup, get rid of the shite, and get ready for next season in Div 2.

I couldn't have put it better myself.

Whatever happens in the final two games, we have been pathetic for much of the season and deserve to go down.

An embarrassing home defeat to Livi sticks the penultimate nail in our coffin. It is probably best looking forward to next season now

Whilst I don't want an entirely new team for next season, there are not many I would keep.

If we are wanting to win the league next season we will need players with some fire in their belly. As it stands, only Robinson, Johnston, Parkin and Carmichael would remain for me.

As for the management team, well ultimately they have failed. I hear Jimmy Calderwood will be free at the end of the season. He might be worth a punt.

Hardly possible to look forward to next season with McPherson in charge.

The clown has to carry the lions share of the blame for where we are with his dreadful signings,bizarre tactics and clearly a de-motivated dressing room stemming no doubt from his poor man-management.

If he stays at Palmerston we'll stay in Div 2 - it's that simple.

Hardly possible to look forward to next season with McPherson in charge.

The clown has to carry the lions share of the blame for where we are with his dreadful signings,bizarre tactics and clearly a de-motivated dressing room stemming no doubt from his poor man-management.

If he stays at Palmerston we'll stay in Div 2 - it's that simple.

Dont call him a clown on the mad site or you might be banned !!:D I was nearly done after calling Colin Scott one.:)

Dont call him a clown on the mad site or you might be banned !!:D I was nearly done after calling Colin Scott one.:)

Oops , sorry. I meant to say 'cl*wn'.

On second thoughts 'clown' is probably praising him too highly.

Now the dust and anger has settled on an embarrassing defeat , we can logically look at the last two games with a clear head . As things stand , we still have a chance of a play off . Not a great chance but a chance all the same . As long as Ayrs result is matched - or hopefully bettered - this Saturday , we take it down to the last game . A very slender one plus goal difference is still on our side as well . This is not make believe , only pure fact

Now the dust and anger has settled on an embarrassing defeat , we can logically look at the last two games with a clear head . As things stand , we still have a chance of a play off . Not a great chance but a chance all the same . As long as Ayrs result is matched - or hopefully bettered - this Saturday , we take it down to the last game . A very slender one plus goal difference is still on our side as well . This is not make believe , only pure fact

Yes, I was surprised to see that Ayr's goal difference is now very near ours - at least we had that over them for a while, but losing 5-0, 3-0 and 4-0 in recent weeks doesn't help, I suppose.

The reality is that if we gain three points on them over two games, than it's likely our goal difference will improve against theirs, but not certain.

I know that we are still alive in striving for the play-off, but it doesn't feel like it. I can't see us winning next week. Raith have the incentive of getting safe and we're awful at football.

I've been around long enough to know that we'll hump Raith and Ayr will lose to Dundee next weekend. We'll all get our hopes up that we can pull of a great escape then in the final game we lose to an 89th minute goal at Ross County and Ayr comfortably beat Falkirk.

Edited by Swarley

I won't be back until Gus is gone. We need a McInnes or Pressley type manager - young and ambitious, not another journeyman like Calderwood. I'd give Johnston a shot.

That's fair enough, albeit not all young managers get it right. Look at Gough at Livi, Brown at Clyde. You can even add Lambert at Livi to that.

However, I take your point. Johnston would probably be the obvious choice if we were going down that route. Or perhaps we could try and steal Hartley from Alloa.

If we need a new manager I would be happy enough with any of Johnston, Hartley or Calderwood.

Edited by qos_75

We are not good enough for the 1st Div two many poor players.

Gus signed all there poor players but he will say that he had neither the time or the money to get good players in.

Will Gus do any better next season in Div 2 ?

He will have plenty of time to get good players in but can he get them to sign for Queens?

We will have to play more younger players mixed with a few older players just as Falkirk have done this season.

Gus is NOT the man for the job but Mark and his board seem to think so time will tell who is right.

No one can say for definite that Ayr will be able to get over the finish line . That is why the team have to throw everything they can muster at Raith Rovers and try to take this to last game . ------The best thing about this end season will be getting shot of players like McLaughlin , Simmons and Brighton . There are others but these three will do for starters

We have been awful pretty much all season. For me Gus made another of a series of crucial errors in bringing in Potter on loan. This isn't a dig at the player but about management priority. If we had the cash to bring in 2 players then a forward was essential hence Parkin was a good move but we desperately needed a midfielder who could dictate the game at this level.