The Queen of the South thread

Potter might..tbh wasnt overly impressed with his spell. Was just a question though..

I think Potter would be a good 2nd Divsion player, would take McGuffie and Higgins ahead of him though.

RossQOS and Katboy, shame on you for having yer blinkers on, but we micht no ayeways gan tae the gems, but we dae read whit is gan on at them. Yees are gan on an' on aboot hoo boring the gems are, yit yees expect folk licht me tae jist accept it..............nae chance. :angry:

Not gunna lie, I can't be arsed trying to even read that. In English next time, please.

Not gunna lie, I can't be arsed trying to even read that. In English next time, please.

Ye see, that's the trouble wi' o' them Sassenachs movin' up tae Dumfries frae doon Sooth. :angry:

Keep tae supportin' Carlisle or Preston auld chap. :blink:

FFS youse are wantin' the hail team o' loosers signed up. :(

Much as it pains me, Truthy's onto something here.

Nope.. Higgins and McGuffie are two that should stay, doubt there are many better CB's in Div 2.

Nope.. Higgins and McGuffie are two that should stay, doubt there are many better CB's in Div 2.

You're maybe right.

I just fear that we're hoping a lot of players who came up well short in division 1 will somehow excel in division 2.

Now I accept that midfield, rather than defence was our weakest area last season. I also recognise the argument that suggests the gap between divisions 1 and 2 is the biggest because it tends to mark a notional FT / PT cut-off. Play-off outcomes wouldn't necessarily support this argument however.

Remember, that we're explicitly aiming to win the division next season. That means our players needn't merely cope in division 2, but must instead be capable of dominating. I know that world-beaters won't be available and that some players will be worth clinging onto. I do however detect a belief among Queens fans that this drop of a division will see us suddenly become very good in relative terms and I'm not sure that it's that valid.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

You're maybe right.

I just fear that we're hoping a lot of players who came up well short in division 1 will somehow excel in division 2.

Now I accept that midfield, rather than defence was our weakest area last season. I also recognise the argument that suggest the gap between divisions 1 and 2 is the biggest because it tends to mark a notional FT / PT cut-off. Play-off outcomes wouldn't necessarily support this argument however.

Remember, that we're explicitly aiming to win the division next season. That means our players needn't merely cope in division 2, but must instead be capable of dominating. I know that world-beaters won't be available and that some players will be worth clinging onto. I do however detect a belief among Queens fans that this drop of a division will see us suddenly become very good in relative terms and I'm not sure that it's that valid.

I agree with that.

I wouldn't keep the whole team either, far from it, but we did have some good first division players last season.

You're maybe right.

Now I accept that midfield, rather than defence was our weakest area last season. I also recognise the argument that suggests the gap between divisions 1 and 2 is the biggest because it tends to mark a notional FT / PT cut-off. Play-off outcomes wouldn't necessarily support this argument however.

I wouldnt disagree but I think the problem with that is any players who are capable of dominating the 2nd are also more than capable of getting a contract with a team in the 1st, on money that we cant compete with.

I think we also should remember that we still only have a handful of player signed for next season. Even if we ended up with 7 players from last season, that would still be less than half of the eventual squad.