The Queen of the South thread

Hopefully the chairman has today been putting back up plans in place should AJ and Sandy leave tomorrow. Who will be taking pre season tomorrow if there away talking to killie. I would guess as most of pre season is fitness work then Andy Leishman could well take training

If AJ and Sandy go don't you think they'll take Andy Leishman and Crawford Quinn with them. They seem to have all worked well as a coaching team so far?

We could end up looking for a full team of backroom staff.

If AJ and Sandy go don't you think they'll take Andy Leishman and Crawford Quinn with them. They seem to have all worked well as a coaching team so far?

We could end up looking for a full team of backroom staff.

Think it was gus that brought them in but your correct they might wish to follow AJ

I still think AJ will be Queens manager at the start of the season .

Too many people questioning his loyalty before even hearing from the man himself . So far we've heard absolutely nothing from him so until we do let's reserve judgement .

I absolutely don't want him to leave, and as career moves go, I think he could do better, so I don't think he should either.

I'm worried that the damage has already been done though by him talking to Kilmarnock.

I'm certainly not advocating getting rid of him, that would be ludicrous!

Guest Flash

Indeed. You can feel the resentment building.

Allan Johnston is an employee who will make decisions based on what is best for his career rather than on emotion.

From what I know of Allan Johnston he appears to be a decent and honourable man. It should come as no surprise that having been approached by Michael Johnston he would give the opportunity a great deal of thought based on what would be best for his future career.It is unfair to criticise the Manager for attending an interview.

It isn't resentment on my part. I totally accept that he has to do what is best for him. All I'm interested in is what is best for the club. If we see a repeat of the Chisholm situation, then him staying won't be best for the club because 12 games without a win will see us bottom of the league. The only reason Chisholm's lot weren't bottom was because it happened later in the season and we'd had a good start. That is my concern, so don't assume that it is resentment or any other kind of emotional response.

I think there is absolutely nothing wrong with AJ talking to Killie, as the chairman has said. He is the manager of the year and an SPL club want him - that's football.

However, it's a tricky decision for AJ. It's not all sweetness and light there. It's tempting and flattering for him but he isn't daft. Being a pessimist, I'll be surprised and delighted if he doesn't go; if he does, good luck to him and thanks.

Whatever Allan's decision is I hope it is made very quickly so we can put things to bed and move on. We have a lot of momentum and confidence must still be high right now, it would be a shame to lose this.

Edited by Hawk

I think there is absolutely nothing wrong with AJ talking to Killie, as the chairman has said. He is the manager of the year and an SPL club want him - that's football.

However, it's a tricky decision for AJ. It's not all sweetness and light there. It's tempting and flattering for him but he isn't daft. Being a pessimist, I'll be surprised and delighted if he doesn't go; if he does, good luck to him and thanks.

exactly my feelings on the situation. If he doesn't get or rejects the job great, we can leave it behind and push on with pre season. if he goes, then thanks for an amazing season and lets get someone in who can continue the good work

What does everyone think of the reason for this second meeting?

It would appear that AJ is the man that Killie want, so why would they need to interview him again?

Seems more likely to me that its Allan who is undecided and is asking for certain things to be clarified.

Call me naive, but that actually gives me some hope that he might turn the job down

What sort of message is he sending out to the players and fans?

I'd rather be somewhere else, fine, then go.

We need someone that wants to manage our club, not someone that's going to jump ship at the first opportunity.

We knew he was going to be in demand but to offer us false hopes by signing a contract then going to the first club that comes along is pretty shallow IMO, bin him, get someone who wants to be there and move on.

What sort of message is he sending out to the players and fans?

I'd rather be somewhere else, fine, then go.

We need someone that wants to manage our club, not someone that's going to jump ship at the first opportunity.

We knew he was going to be in demand but to offer us false hopes by signing a contract then going to the first club that comes along is pretty shallow IMO, bin him, get someone who wants to be there and move on.

By staying he wouldn't have jumped ship at the first opportunity, so your arguement kind of defeats itself.

Ok, the next opportunity, are you guys blinded by the sun shining out his arse.

No, I just recognise that he is the best manager we have had in my time supporting the club, and trust that while he still holds that position, he will perform in it to the best of his abilities. Of course, we will lose him at some point, that comes with success, but if he can provide us with another 3 months of success before leaving then that is preferable to him going now.

No, I just recognise that he is the best manager we have had in my time supporting the club, and trust that while he still holds that position, he will perform in it to the best of his abilities. Of course, we will lose him at some point, that comes with success, but if he can provide us with another 3 months of success before leaving then that is preferable to him going now.

How can he command the respect of the players if they know he will be off?

It's like he's signed a pre contract.

We need to get someone in now, we can't let him dictate what happens.

Why has the official QoS site not got any of next seasons fixtures up yet ...?

Am sure the guys who look after the website whilst juggling their real jobs and families would appreciate some extra support. Nice if you to offer your time.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

The official site has gone quiet since news broke of Magic being on Killie's thoughts. Only photos of pitch and prize draw winners announced, no ticket,game schedule or DVD release date has been posted.

The official site has gone quiet since news broke of Magic being on Killie's thoughts. Only photos of pitch and prize draw winners announced, no ticket,game schedule or DVD release date has been posted.

The fixtures haven't been updated because the webmaster is presently unable to do it. He's not been online here for a wee while either. Unfortunate timing but I expect it to be dealt with imminently. I think I can probably put them on if I need to but it will take me a lot longer to fiddle with it than it will him. If I've time I'll try to deal with it tomorrow night unless it's done before then.

There is no ticket information to give at the moment. The Board were awaiting decisions on the league structure before finalising pricing and we now need to get the tickets printed before they can go on sale. Hopefully info on this soon.

The DVD isn't finished yet and needs to be approved by the league once it is. We hope to get it ready as soon as possible but at this moment we just don't know when that will be.