The Queen of the South thread

I have no idea why you are all so sensitive. Gary Bollan did twice, what your apparent messiah has done once (diddy cup that nobody cares about aside). Namely, winning a league with a huge budget that any manager could have done. He then had us comfortable in this division until he was emptied to get Hughes & Collins in.

I don't know who you are expecting as a replacement if you're turning your nose up at him.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

I have no idea why you are all so sensitive. Gary Bollan did twice, what your apparent messiah has done once (diddy cup that nobody cares about aside). Namely, winning a league with a huge budget that any manager could have done. He then had us comfortable in this division until he was emptied to get Hughes & Collins in.

I don't know who you are expecting as a replacement if you're turning your nose up at him.

Huge budget, hardly only full time team aye, huge budget no way!

What's your beef with QoS? I've read a few of your posts recently re. QoS and their seems to be a lot of dislike ;)

I'd say it's bitterness. They're cutting costs and couldnt afford to keep their best striker. Said striker, comes to a team that can afford him.

I would get rid of AJ now. Season hasn't even started and he's talking to other clubs and he's going to get linked to every job that comes up.

Derek Young would be my choice.

He is manager of the year so it is no surprise he will be linked with vacancies at other clubs. However, to bin him would be very unlikely for a variety of reasons. His performance last season and the fact he has recently signed a new contract being the top two.

Nevertheless, I think he will go sooner rather than later and I hope the board are looking at their options. As for candidates, well I'm sure it will be the usual suspects, although I would like to think we could go for a younger manager again when the time comes.

Installing Bollan as manager was part of the package that those Media Pro Sports chancers were proposing at the end of last season when they tried to buy into Queens. His agent was behind that bid. For that reason if Queens did find themselves looking for a new manager I would hope that they steered well clear of him.

I've suggested Derek Young as a possible replacement before but at 33 he's a bit young. He would likely need to move away from Aberdeen as well.

I'm struggling to think of a realistic candidate that I would want.

Hartley? or Ian Murray at Dumbarton although the same doubts about him as could be levelled at AJ in that he's had one good season but can he repeat it?

Next manager:

1. Sandy Clark (if he doesnt jump ship with AJ)

2. Paul Hartley

3. John Collins

4. Brian Reid

5. John Yogi Hughes

Think you could add Kenny Shiels, Jimmy Calderwood, Ian McCall, John McGlynn, Billy Reid to the list of maybes. Would be good if we could give it to a young guy with new ideas though. Much like Johnston. Players who could potentially fit the bill are Jim Thomson, Eric Paton, Christian Dailly, Hugh Murray, Davie Lilley, and Stephen Craigan as they all seem to have good leadership qualities and are coming to the end of their playing days/already retired.

Think you could add Kenny Shiels, Jimmy Calderwood, Ian McCall, John McGlynn, Billy Reid to the list of maybes. Would be good if we could give it to a young guy with new ideas though. Much like Johnston.  Players who could potentially fit the bill are Jim Thomson, Eric Paton, Christian Dailly, Hugh Murray, Davie Lilley, and Stephen Craigan as they all seem to have good leadership qualities and are coming to the end of their playing days/already retired.

Or Guff? Although he's maybe still a bit young.