The Queen of the South thread

I happen to not enjoy friendlies very much at all. There are a couple of exceptions though. Remember beating Sheff Wed at Palmerston circa 1980 in pre season and also Carlisle Utd in the Borders Cup in the early nineties . That was good .

Sent from my GT-S5839i using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Aye. That Carlisle game is probably the best " friendly " I have been to.

A current player, an ex-team mate of Nicky Clark (not QOTS), toldme how the transfer negotiations went when signing him from your lot. The Rangers are eye-wateringly stupid.

Clark was apparently on around £400 a week. The opening offer from Rangers was £2500 per week. Clark managed to bump this up to approx £2700, plus an appearance fee and win bonus. All this is according to this player who is mates with Clark.

Looks like this is the season to get out of the Division One as it aint happening next year (if The Rangers are still operating).

Guest Flash

A new gardener for the car park flower beds.

I am glad to see that the Board are still active.

Why don't they put 3G flowers in?

A current player, an ex-team mate of Nicky Clark (not QOTS), toldme how the transfer negotiations went when signing him from your lot. The Rangers are eye-wateringly stupid. Clark was apparently on around £400 a week. The opening offer from Rangers was £2500 per week. Clark managed to bump this up to approx £2700, plus an appearance fee and win bonus. All this is according to this player who is mates with Clark. Looks like this is the season to get out of the Division One as it aint happening next year (if The Rangers are still operating).

Sounds as though he's the kind of mate you want!

A marriage made in heaven, Nicky and Servco, they're welcome to each other.

I was speaking to a mate who is a Carlisle fan and he was telling me that Willie Gibson was a trialist for Workington Reds when Carlisle played them on the 9th July.

Looking at Workington Reds website (http://www.workingtonafc.com/s/players-coaches-95293.html?player_id=972605) he also played there on Saturday against Gateshead.

Update on Willie Gibson - After playing a few games for Workington Reds he has signed for Celtic Nation according to Fraser Wilson on twitter.

Ex #QoS & Kilmarnock, Falkirk, Pars winger Willie Gibson has signed for Celtic Nation in English Northern League.

Update on Willie Gibson - After playing a few games for Workington Reds he has signed for Celtic Nation according to Fraser Wilson on twitter.

Fraser Wilson@Doonhamer7916 Jul

Ex #QoS & Kilmarnock, Falkirk, Pars winger Willie Gibson has signed for Celtic Nation in English Northern League.

That mob are going to have some serious financial losses this season!

Who else have they signed? I saw the signed McMenamin, and they were rumoured to have signed Martin Hardie, but he signed for Airdrieonians today.

I am sure that Celtic Nation signed Adam Boyd( prolific scorer with Hartlepool a few seasons back).

Sent from my GT-S5839i using Pie & Bovril mobile app