The Queen of the South thread

Maybe he has gone back to get a work visa?

That's what I said to the person who told me. I remember Brek Shea in January flew into Stoke for his Medical and to sign but then had to fly back to the US while his Work Permit was pending.

Edited by Del.

Maybe he just doesnt fancy a rainy night in August?

It's not going to rain tonight - says the bloke who got soaked going for a walk last night because he assumed it would be dry :ph34r:

Maybe he has gone back to get a work visa?

That's what I said to the person who told me. I remember Brek Shea in January flew into Stoke for his Medical and to sign but then had to fly back to the US while his Work Permit was pending.

Of course he will not automatically qualify for a work permit under the immigration rules. Normally non-EU citizens have to be established internationals and seek to play in the top tier. Celtic have successfully signed a number of players who did not qualify after appealing and obtaining the support of the SFA. They have to be able to argue that the players will help the development of the game etc.

Jason Scotland was another who did not meet the criteria and was refused then mysteriously granted a visa.

I do not know of any examples of clubs below the top tier in Scotland who have signed players who did not qualify.

Edited by MacWatt

I had stuff to do tonight so couldn't make it.

Wandered in for the last ten though. I'd only just missed Lyle's first, then saw him miss a sitter before scoring another.

Encouraging stuff, but judgement must be reserved until the real stuff begins.

I had stuff to do tonight so couldn't make it.

Wandered in for the last ten though. I'd only just missed Lyle's first, then saw him miss a sitter before scoring another.

Encouraging stuff, but judgement must be reserved until the real stuff begins.

I'd agree wi that.

Young Antell needs to get some confidence up and start commanding his area before the season starts. 2 decent saves but was largely rooted to his line.

How out of shape did Danny Grainger look!?

I'd agree wi that.

Young Antell needs to get some confidence up and start commanding his area before the season starts. 2 decent saves but was largely rooted to his line.

How out of shape did Danny Grainger look!?

What number was he? I came at exactly kickoff so I missed the starting lineups. Harkins and Teale were a different class (Maybe because we let Harkins run too much at the defence second half) and i thought they were the better side for most of the second half up to the last 10 minutes, but we were excellent on the counter and looked good in possession makes Morton's "Triumph" in the Renfrewshire cup less impressive though. Keeper's kicking was fine, but he had a couple of hairy moments and I'd like to see that second goal again as Teale had no right being able to lob him there.

Jim Goodwin is a dirty wee so and so