The Queen of the South thread

Hello , Name Tony

live in England (uff) and support Queen of the South

will be attending my first home game this saturday (bout time)

family are orginally from the area on my dads side so always been a supporter of sorts (Man United) being my team

so hopefully a good game, really looking forward to it ......

Tony

Hello , Name Tony

live in England (uff) and support Queen of the South

will be attending my first home game this saturday (bout time)

family are orginally from the area on my dads side so always been a supporter of sorts (Man United) being my team

so hopefully a good game, really looking forward to it ......

Tony

Enjoy your visit to Dumfries & Palmerston Tony

Sounds like a good game down in newcaslte and a good test before Saturday. Sounds like we could be seeing a bit more of Kev this season with McKenna and Burns giving him an opportunity to make the place his own. Hope he steps up as looked a real find at the start of last season before losing his form and place in the side.

Think it's a shame that the club havnt dropped the entry prices for the up coming cup games v Livi and Elgin, surely there could have been a deduction even slight on league prices.

Depends if Livi and Elgin agree to dropping the price - I do agree that they are too high though.

Think it's a shame that the club havnt dropped the entry prices for the up coming cup games v Livi and Elgin, surely there could have been a deduction even slight on league prices.

Bit harsh...?

Imo, the Board have done brilliantly to keep league prices at the same level as last season. With the greatest of respect to said opponents, I'm not sure knocking a couple of quid off the entry would make either fixture more appealing.

Then again, with the combo of the Wickerman and the belting weather, this weekend's attendance might not be too spectacular...

Have to agree with you here , especially the Elgin game .

Disappointing :(

I don't think 2 or 3 quid is going to change people's minds very much to watch a glorified friendly. People are busier in the summer and with the Commonwealth games on, the attendance would be pretty pish anyway. Pretty much highlights how terrible an idea summer football is.

What with the lure of Wickerman, The Commonwealth games and the beach with this weather I think we'll be lucky to get 1000 at the game on Saturday.

Then again Livi may bring a big support.

Taken from the OS:

U20's Clinch Jim Kerr Memorial Cup

The u20`s visited Nithsdale Wanderers to play for the Jim Kerr Memorial Cup on Wednesday evening. The young Queens team started brightly, knocking the ball around and testing their opponents on what was a tight pitch and bobbly surface. Queens showed their intentions after just two minutes when Dylan Neill broke clear and forced an excellent save from the goalkeeper. They soon took the lead when good hold up play by Jake Pickard sent Dean Brotherston through one on one with the keeper and he made no mistake on 11 minutes. The lead was doubled seven minutes later when Aidan Smith produced a cool finish from 18 yards and two became three on 25 minutes with a fine run the length of the park by Jake Pickard. However, before the interval, a fine rally from Nithsdale saw them pull two goals back and the teams turned around with the score 3-2.

Queens defended very well in the second period with Danny Armstrong not having a shot to deal with, so solid was the back line. Pressure on the Nithsdale back line eventually told with substitute Nick Cassidy adding a 4th goal near the end.

The young side`s next match is against Junior League opposition on Wednesday 30th July, away to Lugar Thistle.

As a matter of interest does anyone know who writes the U20 reports ?

Taken from the OS:

The u20`s visited Nithsdale Wanderers to play for the Jim Kerr Memorial Cup on Wednesday evening. The young Queens team started brightly, knocking the ball around and testing their opponents on what was a tight pitch and bobbly surface. Queens showed their intentions after just two minutes when Dylan Neill broke clear and forced an excellent save from the goalkeeper. They soon took the lead when good hold up play by Jake Pickard sent Dean Brotherston through one on one with the keeper and he made no mistake on 11 minutes. The lead was doubled seven minutes later when Aidan Smith produced a cool finish from 18 yards and two became three on 25 minutes with a fine run the length of the park by Jake Pickard. However, before the interval, a fine rally from Nithsdale saw them pull two goals back and the teams turned around with the score 3-2.

Queens defended very well in the second period with Danny Armstrong not having a shot to deal with, so solid was the back line. Pressure on the Nithsdale back line eventually told with substitute Nick Cassidy adding a 4th goal near the end.

The young side`s next match is against Junior League opposition on Wednesday 30th July, away to Lugar Thistle.

I write them and post them from information provided by Eddie Warwick. I'm not (usually) at the games and I wasn't at that one.

Taken from the OS:

Were they playing on your old surafce?