The Queen of the South thread

The Free Shipping logo wasnt there by design - more a case of the system being too clever. I didnt see any reason to remove it, as I assumed people would realise the handling and postage was included in the price, as thats what it says.

Ive removed the Free Shipping logo. Hopefully, that will keep the lawyers at bay

From Club Shop page

"Theres no additional postage to pay*. Simply pay £70 now and enjoy every home programme as they are delivered to you.

* NB - the free delivery offer is only available to customers in the UK. Please contact us for details of overseas charges"

That still sounds like delivery is free when its not, ok people are buying a subscription but its over the cover price. I buy a magazine subscription which is free delivery and only costs me the cover prce. Just very misleading, would it not be better saying all postage is included in subscription price.

From Club Shop page

"Theres no additional postage to pay*. Simply pay £70 now and enjoy every home programme as they are delivered to you.

* NB - the free delivery offer is only available to customers in the UK. Please contact us for details of overseas charges"

That still sounds like delivery is free when its not, ok people are buying a subscription but its over the cover price. I buy a magazine subscription which is free delivery and only costs me the cover prce. Just very misleading, would it not be better saying all postage is included in subscription price.

I dont see how its misleading, particularly. This the 3rd season this has been sold online and the wording has been exactly the same since the beginning. People have placed orders and no-one has questioned it, until now.

However, to keep those pesky Cowden fans happy (and Donald Findlay) I've changed the wording. Hopefully, everyone is happy now

Cheers Mr x

And also well done to the new programme team as it was certainly far better than previous seasons. Much more content worth reading and more colour pages and still the same price (unless bought on subscription which is slighly dearer and not free delivery :P ) at £2.50

In the latest podcast, McIntyre says Mitchell could be out for a couple of months, like McKenna :( Kerr and Burns are still several weeks away but Baird is close to returning.

Dowie at right back on Saturday and for the foreseeable future?

We have an injury list that you'd feel was unfortunate in March.

In July, it's just bloody bizarre.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Can you wear blades on Palmerston pitch or does it have to be mouldies? Supposed to be playing the Colts in a couple of weeks and need to know if need fork out for a pair or not!

It's my understanding that blades are a no no on these surfaces. Sure you can get away with plastic screw in studs, don't have to be mouldies.

Hello. I have been writing short season previews for this coming campaign for all Scottish league teams. I have reached the Championship and have just finished ones for Livi and Queen of the South. If anyone wants to have a quick read of these the link is here, and you can find all the other previews on my blog. If anyone has any feedback/criticisms or if there are any errors then please do say. Thanks in advance!

Hello. I have been writing short season previews for this coming campaign for all Scottish league teams. I have reached the Championship and have just finished ones for Livi and Queen of the South. If anyone wants to have a quick read of these the link is here, and you can find all the other previews on my blog. If anyone has any feedback/criticisms or if there are any errors then please do say. Thanks in advance!

Liam Caddis has never played for us. Presumably that's copied and pasted from the BBC who have fairly inexplicably made the same error in their Ins and Outs summary. He was on loan to Alloa last season, not us.

Lewis Kidd is more a midfielder than defender.

Badge at the top of our section is an old one, not the current one.

Otherwise though it's fair enough. Personally I wouldn't have gone so far as to call our early season form last year "horrible" but it certainly wasn't good enough. The point is valid.

Liam Caddis has never played for us. Presumably that's copied and pasted from the BBC who have fairly inexplicably made the same error in their Ins and Outs summary. He was on loan to Alloa last season, not us.

Lewis Kidd is more a midfielder than defender.

Badge at the top of our section is an old one, not the current one.

Otherwise though it's fair enough. Personally I wouldn't have gone so far as to call our early season form last year "horrible" but it certainly wasn't good enough. The point is valid.

Thanks for reading, with the badge it was a case of trying to find a good quality one that fitted with the background and unfortunately it was only the previous one I could edit for the page so apologies! Thanks for the info regarding the players.

Go young Queen Of The South FC at the Dale Farm Milk Cup

2i8dsg2.png

Boys have done brilliantly so far. Unfortunate to lose a last minute equaliser to County Down in their opening game but even if they had won 1-0 they'd only be one place higher up.

They play Global Premier Soccer from the USA at 1:30pm today. If they can win they might even get into the top four playoffs though that's probably a long shot as it would need four of the seven sides above to lose (or draw and hope we win heavily). Rangers are playing O'Higgins whilst Corinthians are playing Guadalajara though so a couple of them at least are bound to drop points.

Edited by Skyline Drifter