The Queen of the South thread

Why is this QOS' fault? It's not up to them to check the schedule of the opposition prior to agreeing to the game. The fault here is squarely with Rotherham. It doesn't take a genius to work out that, unless you have a squad of about 25 players, that playing two games in two days is going to be tough.

Complete and utter contempt and disrespect shown by the Rotherham management towards QOS and both sets of fans.

Personally I think both clubs are partly to blame. Obviously Rotherham could and should have fielded at least 4, maybe 5 first team members even if it was for just 45 minutes, then I would imagine most people would have been happy. However, once Queens were aware that the Rotherham side would be made up of youth and development squad players..this was made clear on the visitors website on Friday evening..Queens had every opportunity to reduce the admission price which I feel has been the main bone of contention. Quite clearly to be asked to pay £10 to watch what was in fact nothing more than a training match, did not go down so well. In any event the least Queens could have done via website, social media etc would have been to inform the fans of the change of circumstances, this way punters could have made their decision whether or not to attend having full knowledge of the facts. The people I felt sorry for were obviously the visiting fans from Yorkshire.

Personally I think both clubs are partly to blame. Obviously Rotherham could and should have fielded at least 4, maybe 5 first team members even if it was for just 45 minutes, then I would imagine most people would have been happy. However, once Queens were aware that the Rotherham side would be made up of youth and development squad players..this was made clear on the visitors website on Friday evening..Queens had every opportunity to reduce the admission price which I feel has been the main bone of contention. Quite clearly to be asked to pay £10 to watch what was in fact nothing more than a training match, did not go down so well. In any event the least Queens could have done via website, social media etc would have been to inform the fans of the change of circumstances, this way punters could have made their decision whether or not to attend having full knowledge of the facts. The people I felt sorry for were obviously the visiting fans from Yorkshire.

Looking at the Rotherham site now, it wasnt untill Saturday that they announced it would only be development players. On Friday night, after the Falkirk game, they were still saying "a mix" of first team and development squad.

Maybe the price could have been reduced last minute and maybe Queens could have tried to let the fans know, but the majority of the blame, surely lies with Rotherham. They knew they had two games in two days and both on artificial surfaces (although that shouldnt have made any difference given the quality of both ours and Falkirks pitches). To decide at the last minute to play the youth team is pretty disrespectful, if nothing else

I wasn't at the game to see how it worked out, but a front 4 of Carmichael, Paton, Russell and Baird is a pretty attacking formation.

On paper yes but yesterday for the first 35-40mins we weren't and were passed off the park by a young energetic team.

Steve Evans is a complete and utter c**t and one of the most detested men in English football. For the club he's at to do something so cuntish isn't really a massive surprise

I'm usually pretty prepared to criticise Queens when at fault, but I've got to say they were totally blameless here.

The game was understood to be as advertised until extremely late in the day. As it was, the club suffered by experiencing a less meaningful game than anticipated. Voluntarily taking a hit in the pocket would have been adding insult.

Rotherham's fault entirely. Pretty shoddy treatment of Queens as a club, of Queens fans and as you say, of Rotherham fans especially.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Nothing queens could be blamed for, Rotherhams youth team players only found out at after 10pm on Friday night that they had to travel to play the game the following day. Only person to blame is the millers manager.

Just about what I would have said.

As for the game it's just as well we were playing their development squad and that they tired as we were awful in the first half. At home in a friendly and McIntyre is playing one up top. Really hope he isn't contemplating playing that system this season, does he not remember how the last one started?

It also looked to me that we were playing a lone striker (Baird) for most of the first half, one who had a frustrating habit of being caught off-side on several occasions, although Lyle and Reilly are prone to this fault as well. Baird did show some good touches as the game progressed and scored two goals before being replaced. We all know his record as a goalscorer but I think he needs a partner up front with him. I was fairly impressed by Kev USA in midfield and he could feature more this season with McKenna and Burns carrying injuries..

Well another youth team test on Tuesday when Queens travel to play Newcastle United's U21's

Well another youth team test on Tuesday when Queens travel to play Newcastle United's U21's

Surely Queens will play the development squad in the 2nd game, can't see us playing the 1st team twice in one day!!!! ;):P

Just about what I would have said.

As for the game it's just as well we were playing their development squad and that they tired as we were awful in the first half. At home in a friendly and McIntyre is playing one up top. Really hope he isn't contemplating playing that system this season, does he not remember how the last one started?

It started with a 4-3 win over the eventual league winners ;)

I think we should be careful about reading too much into one pre-season game. I dont know how we've lined up in the closed door games but we certainly started the Annan game with two strikers.

Surely Queens will play the development squad in the 2nd game, can't see us playing the 1st team twice in one day!!!! ;):P

:lol:

I'd expect we'll play a number of formations next season dependent on the opposition, and players available.

If you want to see a team playing 4-4-fucking 2 with a big man and a wee man up front I suggest you follow whatever team is unfortunate enough to appoint Tim Sherwood as manager.

Disappointed with Rotherham today. If they don't want to play the first team in two successive days why did they take the game? And let's remember they were going to take on three games in three days had Livi not been cancelled. We've planned for this game as being the final preparations for our season and the toughest match. We've priced it as if we're playing a decent side in a Friendly (same pricing as Hearts & St Mirren last season) and then on the morning of the game, with no previous suggestion of the sort, Rotherham suddenly announce that they have sent for their youth side to play instead. Thanks Steve Evans. He's basically hung us out to dry there. The youths weren't up here with them, they've sent for them last night after deciding following the Falkirk game that two games in two days is too much. Not impressed.

That said, their own fans who travelled have been cheated too really and fair play to the Development Squad who did turn out. They took a lead and gave us a right good game until half time. They ran out of steam though and the second half was one way traffic. It could have been more in the end. A good exercise for our team though and some positives particularly from young Dean Smith and Connor Graham who combined to set up the 3rd goal. Baird looks like a predator too, four goals in pre-season and a shoot on sight policy.

Not too bad a crowd too in the circumstances with the weather and a number possibly deciding not to bother after Rotherham's little announcement. Nice to see Zander Clark back publicly too, not that he had an awful lot to do.

Steve Evans is a fat c**t who deserves absolutely no respect. FACT. END OF.