The Queen of the South thread

Please please please tell me he's not going to persist with just one up top!!

Why? We didnt lose the game today because we played one up top. We were two nil up and scored three goals at home. That should have been enough to win a home game

Because we don't look half the team we are when we play that formation. Remember ALL of last season?

Yes we were two nil up and scored three goals.

Because we don't look half the team we are when we play that formation. Remember ALL of last season?

Yes we were two nil up and scored three goals.

Do you mean last season when we won games with one up front and lost games with two up front? The same season when, arguably, our best performance came with one striker?

Edited by Mr X

Do you mean last season when we won games with one up front and lost games with two up front? The same season when, arguably, our best performance came with one striker?

No I mean that after the first two months of one up top when we were poor to say the least. We then changed to playing two up front and then went on a tremendous run of consistent results and performances. Remember?

No I mean that after the first two months of one up top when we were poor to say the least. We then changed to playing two up front and then went on a tremendous run of consistent results and performances. Remember?

No, because that isnt what happened. A settled back four and the signing of Clark were the beginnings of our good run, not a change to two up front. During that run we played several different formations, including one striker.

Thought Lewis Kidd looked totally lost playing as a full back ,decent looking attacking but woeful in defence ,if Mitchell is going to be out for a while Slattery or Hooper must be a better option unless Dowie gets moved to right back with Higgins back in to the centre!

Fowler can play there I'm sure and spent time covering when Kidd bombed forward he looked good today , a calming presence doing the dirty work so McShane could push forward.

And as mentioned, the defence was to blame for the result rather than the formation when we went down to ten (9 with Smith unable to get in the game) You have to be disciplined which we weren't and we paid the price. I'm beginning to hate extra time a lot now.

FAO MrX or Skyline Drifter, Was looking at the club shop online and saw the programme subscription for this seasons programmes was priced at £70 which includes all home programmes and shipping is stated as free, now maths is not my strongest point but......

18 home games x £2.50 = £45

2 cup games (livvy and Elgin) = £5

Sub Total £50

This means Queens would need to play another 8 home games to take the total to £70 and although hopefull of good cup runs i cant see this happening, just wondering if anyone has taken up this subscription

FAO MrX or Skyline Drifter, Was looking at the club shop online and saw the programme subscription for this seasons programmes was priced at £70 which includes all home programmes and shipping is stated as free, now maths is not my strongest point but......

18 home games x £2.50 = £45

2 cup games (livvy and Elgin) = £5

Sub Total £50

This means Queens would need to play another 8 home games to take the total to £70 and although hopefull of good cup runs i cant see this happening, just wondering if anyone has taken up this subscription

The shipping is free in that there is no additional cost over the £70. Obviously, the £70 includes the postage of each programme, which are sent out separately

Neither SD or myself have anything to do with the shop and its pricing, though, so you're really asking the wrong people

Edited by Mr X

The shipping is free in that there is no additional cost over the £70. Obviously, the £70 includes the postage of each programme, which are sent out separately

Neither SD or myself have anything to do with the shop and its pricing, though, so you're really asking the wrong people

So what they really mean is the handling is free. The shipping clearly isn't.

I'd maybe get that changed. It's probably not that legal to state that you're not charging shipping when you are in fact charging shipping.

There's no shipping charge on placing the order for the service online rather than in person. If you order a replica top in person you pay £40. If you do it online there's a shipping charge in addition to that because the product needs sent to you. If you order a programme subscription in person it costs £70. If you order it online it's still £70 since the service is no different and there's no additional postage for the fact it's an online order. That's all it says.

In any event, I don't see how it could possibly be illegal? At the end of the day it's an invitation to enter into a contract to receive all home programmes for a price, in this case £70. It doesn't say that £70 represents only the physical retail price of the programmes if bought in person either. Quite clearly some basic arithmetic reveals it doesn't. The £70 factors in a cost for individual postage of programmes but if the club chose to market a programme subscription at £1,000 per season with postage uncharged that wouldn't be illegal either. No-one would buy it obviously unless they were insane but it would be a perfectly valid offer to make. It's a long time since I did Scots Contract Law but I don't see anything illegal in there. An offer is made, it can be accepted or not.

And yes, several people have taken out programme subscriptions.