The Queen of the South thread

Of course the last 20 minutes or less in games isn't enough. Do you honestly think you can just come on as a sub & get up with the pace of the game straight away. Any player will tell you that you need a run of games to gain match fitness & then be judged. Don't know what games you have watched him in but I don't recall him constantly giving the ball away in the limited times he's been on. Do you think that Kidd deserved to play in front of him & when he did he done well ?

I'm saying 20 minutes is more than enough to show a glimmer of a player somewhere in there for me he hasn't grabbed that chance. Don't get me wrong I think there is a player in there but the pace of our game doesn't suit him at all.

The last 20 is a time usually the game has slowed down a good bit and he should be capable of getting the game by the scruff of the neck and make a difference. I like the guy and wish it had turned out differently but I think when he sees Kidd being played in a new position ahead of him it must be the final straw. So to answer your question Kidd isn't the answer either but I don't expect to see him in centre midfield once we have everyone available.

I'm saying 20 minutes is more than enough to show a glimmer of a player somewhere in there for me he hasn't grabbed that chance. Don't get me wrong I think there is a player in there but the pace of our game doesn't suit him at all.

The last 20 is a time usually the game has slowed down a good bit and he should be capable of getting the game by the scruff of the neck and make a difference. I like the guy and wish it had turned out differently but I think when he sees Kidd being played in a new position ahead of him it must be the final straw. So to answer your question Kidd isn't the answer either but I don't expect to see him in centre midfield once we have everyone available.

He hardly got the last 20 minutes of any games, but from what I have seen he has shown more than a glimmer that he could be a player. As for getting the game by the scruff of the neck & making a difference in 20 minute or less, this would be a difficult task for any top player never mind a championship one. Though I agree seeing someone like Kidd picked in front of you would defiantly make you realise your day's are just about up.

Edited by qos8

From what I remember he done well against Livi coming off the bench in the 1st game of season, played well 2nd half against Hearts when played as a sitting midfielder and played well against Cowdenbeath where he came on for 10 minutes and contributed greatly including an assist. Against Livi at Almondvale in the cup game he played more in the centre of midfield and in this position the game passes him by. He needs to play the sitting midfield role to be effective. Most of his appearances have came with a few minutes to spare and are often used for timewasting purposes. Even in those games he has shown a few lovely touches. Agree though that for him to be a defensive mid his defensive qualities are not what is required. He also really lacks pace and strength. So to sum up he is probably our most technical player, capable of excellent set pieces and who possesses good control of the ball, but he is too slow to play in an advanced midfield position, and too weak to be a sitting midfielder

Really not understanding the criticism of Dzierzawski about games passing him by when Kidd is guilty of exactly the same and he gets a game.

Last season, McShane and Dzierzawski were both wasteful and ineffective. McShane got a run of games, and his standard increased. Dzierzawski wasn't given as much of an opportunity, and so didn't progress anywhere near the level that McShane did. He's got a good passing range and touch, and has shown a hint of skill too. He impressed me in the game away to Rangers, but tired badly around the 60 minute mark, presumably because of a lack of match fitness. He is nowhere near as wasteful as some posters on here make out, but he is weak defensively and could be found out of position and weak in the tackle. However, you can't expect any fruitful developments in substitute appearances ranging from 2-20 minutes. I do think he should've been given a greater run in the team, or at least ahead of Kidd, whom possesses a grand total of zero outstanding attributes. Kevin was never going to be anything utterly outstanding, but I reckon he could've been a solid player for us.

Good luck to him at Peterhead.

Edited by Chupacabra

Overseas interest for Gavin Reilly I heard. Not sure which team or country but an approach has been made.

We would be down to bear bones if he went and with USA moving to peterhead

Charlie, have you been sending emails to the Club whilst you were on holiday? ;)

Using Ian McShane as an example works as far as proving that fans often don't know what they are talking about is concerned. As discoveries go, not exactly a huge revelation.

It also works to prove that often managers who work with a player on a daily basis do know what they are talking about.

In the case of Dzierzawski then, it's fairly clear that based on the fact several fans don't think he's up to the job, and the manager doesn't think he's up to the job, then he's probably not up to the job.

I think that Ian McShane was the one big thing that JimMcIntyre got right at Queens.

He persevered with the player despite a number of low key performances. Ian's performances subsequently have totally vindicated that decision.

That said as a fan assessing what you see on the park it was perplexing to see McShane as an automatic pick because based purely on game performance it was questionable at the time.One could argue that if Kevin or say Pa Slattery had got similar exposure they may also have developed quickly and become valuable assets. That is a hypothetical argument I guess.

I know that a lot of players perform brilliantly in a low pressure training environment and struggle on match days and vice versa. I think in the early days that was probably the case with McShane. As for the here and now I think we have an outstanding midfield player on our hands and if he could just add a few more goals to the cv a big fee could be coming our way

I think that Ian McShane was the one big thing that JimMcIntyre got right at Queens.

He persevered with the player despite a number of low key performances. Ian's performances subsequently have totally vindicated that decision.

That said as a fan assessing what you see on the park it was perplexing to see McShane as an automatic pick because based purely on game performance it was questionable at the time.One could argue that if Kevin or say Pa Slattery had got similar exposure they may also have developed quickly and become valuable assets. That is a hypothetical argument I guess.

I know that a lot of players perform brilliantly in a low pressure training environment and struggle on match days and vice versa. I think in the early days that was probably the case with McShane. As for the here and now I think we have an outstanding midfield player on our hands and if he could just add a few more goals to the cv a big fee could be coming our way

Correct . Dzierwawski and Slattery did not get enough opportunities where as McShane did. Disagree with those that say Kevin wasn't good enough . The real answer is that I/we don't really know but I thought he was promising.

Well you've got me, try and get him signed up for Brisbane Roar so you can see him first hand although they'll have to be quick as Getafe are also very keen!

:lol: I'd prefer it if he signed for Sydney or Western Sydney Wanderers. Don't fancy traveling 10hrs by road or 90mins by air every other weekend to Brisbane! ;)

Fans are entitled to ask why a forward has not been added during the window.

We have had the outgoings lightened by the loss of 2 full time wages and some compensation for the loss of Kev.

Penny pinching? Lack of ambition and of leadership?

The Board are under scrutiny.

Fans are entitled to ask why a forward has not been added during the window.

We have had the outgoings lightened by the loss of 2 full time wages and some compensation for the loss of Kev.

Penny pinching? Lack of ambition and of leadership?

The Board are under scrutiny.

The window is still open and we have scored 30 odd goals from Reilly Lyle & Russell, sure there will be another forward joining before the window closes.

What's the panic?

Agree with points we need a striker in by next weekend.cant argue with result we were outplayed in midfield but the penalty was the game changer again just like last season at home to dundee jim comes rushing off his line to give away another penalty.not sure if anybody else noticed but it's a poor show when a championship clubs players have to warm them selfs today as no Liam jukes then in touch line no kenny Arthur and you got one you substitutes doubling up as your assistant for the day??

Agree with points we need a striker in by next weekend.cant argue with result we were outplayed in midfield but the penalty was the game changer again just like last season at home to dundee jim comes rushing off his line to give away another penalty.not sure if anybody else noticed but it's a poor show when a championship clubs players have to warm them selfs today as no Liam jukes then in touch line no kenny Arthur and you got one you substitutes doubling up as your assistant for the day??

Agree it's time we got our coaching management team sorted, very unfair on a young inexperienced manager to have so much on his plate.