The Queen of the South thread

Just read a tweet saying the Kilmarnock chairman has told their AGM that a pre season tournament will take place with Killie, Qos, Oldham and Barnsley involved. --------------As for Michael Paton, he has all the ability you can imagine but his self drive unfortunately does not match it and this will stop him playing at a level he should be.

Can believe it since someone on the Mad site has heard the same, but a bit of an odd one since Oldham and Barnsley are in the same league.

Difference is we don't need to sell, thats not to say we wont if someone offers us a deal like we got for Mcgrandles which was £1m. All our players are under contract bar Macdonald and he could be easy enough replaced.

How many times we didn't get £1m for McGrandles. Half it and you are there.

A successful team's successful players are moving onto a higher level. Nothing unusual or unexpected about it really.

True. Can't be easy none the less.

In your opinion who's the best/most important player lost and where in comparison does Dan C come into it? Thanks.

True. Can't be easy none the less.

In your opinion who's the best/most important player lost and where in comparison does Dan C come into it? Thanks.

Durnan and Holt are probably the best of the bunch. They have age on their side, all the required attributes to be successful, and have joined good clubs for their talent to be nurtured.

We're reasonably well covered at centre half though, but we will need to sign a new left back, and the chances are he is going to be inferior to Holt.

We'll miss Reilly as well, but we've lost and replaced better forwards than him.

As for Carmichael, he's a bit of an enigma. On his day he can be absolutely unplayable, and his presence alone frightens defenders. It'll be hard to replace that aspect. In a trait common to wide men though, when he has an off day, he really has an off day. I'd say he's probably only played at the top of his game in about a third of his matches for us. He doesn't score enough goals, or produce enough killer final balls. It's unlikely we'll replace him with someone with the same quick feet and ability to run at defenders, but we might be able to find a gem who can match or improve on his statistics in terms of goals and assists.

It's a good move for him nonetheless, a confidence player such as him would be better placed at a Hibs team expected to be at the top end of the Championship, than struggling at the likes of Kilmarnock. It's very much a case of "now or never" for him as well as he's 24 or 25 now so no longer falls in the "potential" category.

I think he'll do fine.

Durnan and Holt are probably the best of the bunch. They have age on their side, all the required attributes to be successful, and have joined good clubs for their talent to be nurtured.

We're reasonably well covered at centre half though, but we will need to sign a new left back, and the chances are he is going to be inferior to Holt.

We'll miss Reilly as well, but we've lost and replaced better forwards than him.

As for Carmichael, he's a bit of an enigma. On his day he can be absolutely unplayable, and his presence alone frightens defenders. It'll be hard to replace that aspect. In a trait common to wide men though, when he has an off day, he really has an off day. I'd say he's probably only played at the top of his game in about a third of his matches for us. He doesn't score enough goals, or produce enough killer final balls. It's unlikely we'll replace him with someone with the same quick feet and ability to run at defenders, but we might be able to find a gem who can match or improve on his statistics in terms of goals and assists.

It's a good move for him nonetheless, a confidence player such as him would be better placed at a Hibs team expected to be at the top end of the Championship, than struggling at the likes of Kilmarnock. It's very much a case of "now or never" for him as well as he's 24 or 25 now so no longer falls in the "potential" category.

I think he'll do fine.

Thanks pal.

Hooper is 19 I believe, if he's going to make it this is a big year for him. The likes of smith and Pickard are only just turning 18, still got a bit of time to develop for me. But there 15/20 minute cameos will do them no harm

Hooper was 20 in January, same as Atkinson and Kidd. Think this will be a big year for Hooper, if he's not getting enough game time with the first team I expect him to be loaned out to a team in the first or second division where he'll gain experience.

Aidan Smith and Pickard have just turned 18 in May and March respectively.