The Queen of the South thread

Never made a first team appearance for them but scored a few for their under 20s. It's the type of signing that's good to see every so often, hopefully he does as well as Durnan, who was a similar gamble.

Hope he's better than the last Motherwell guy we had, sure he will be.

I'm not too sure about this signing. We finished in the play-offs, whilst Motherwell finished rock bottom of the league, so just the feeling he's not good enough. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not too excited by this small player at all.

Got a feeling nothing will please you tbh. Think he could be decent for us.

He wont be on a high wage and is in that respect a low risk signing who could turn out to be our latest success story. Durnan had never made a St Johnstone appearance and look how good he turned out. Hopefully Shaun Rutherford and Scott Agnew will follow. Agnew will command a fair wage but is a combative midfielder who has more creativity than Stegs, while Rutherford is a young left back who looked a tidy player when I saw him for Livi. Oliver could be another but Im sure me like many other fans would like to see at least 1 more proven striker added. Russell is a great left winger but striker he is not. Lyle could be more susceptible to injuries as he gets even older.

Agree we definitely need one or two slightly older players with experience at this level. But the only 'truly' exciting players we'll get at Queen of the South are young players coming through the ranks. We don't have the money to bring in players who are proven to be great at this level.

We don't need more experienced players. The squad is pretty geriatric as it is and the needing a veteran has been debunked whenever it has been mentioned.

Queens are worth taking a risk on a young player on cheap wages who could fulfil his promise rather than signing another mediocre player like John Baird or Stewart Kean who will continue be average at best on significantly more money.

Edited by Sloop John B