The Queen of the South thread

If I hated the mad site as much as you then I would stay away from it . Strangely , you can't though.

It was the Dundee Mad site I was talking about. I haven't been on to check but that was where the £40k Holt compensation figure apparently originated.

It's nothing to do with hating a website, and all to do with questioning an unreliable source.

It was the Dundee Mad site I was talking about. I haven't been on to check but that was where the £40k Holt compensation figure apparently originated.

It's nothing to do with hating a website, and all to do with questioning an unreliable source.

Unreliable source. Hmm

Wrong as usual I'm afraid. We got £215,000 for Mark Stewart, which was purely compensatory

There is nothing more humiliating than trying to be a smart arse and actually being a dumb fuckwit. You didn't get that figure.

There is a formula for assessing compensation based on 4 categories of clubs together with the cost of development which can include training, physio, travel, accommodation costs but also the cost of salaries of the the coaches.

That is one reason why Dundee United were hit by £200k for Charlie Telfer cos of Murray Park extortionate coaching regime.

There is nothing more humiliating than trying to be a smart arse and actually being a dumb fuckwit. You didn't get that figure.

Okay I'll bite...that was exactly the financial figure we got for Stewart after appeal by Bradford ..originally it was 250 ...your point is mcwhat (ahem)

It's saying in our local paper today that it is more than half the £100k queens were asking for and double what we paid for Scott Bain. So going by that, it sounds like £40k. Although the paper could have taken this story off mad and it could end up a lot of shite.

Unreliable source. Hmm

Yes.

Guest Flash

I don't derive any particular enjoyment from how much money our directors have in their bank accounts.

Is the subject not compensation for young players moving on? What has that got to do with how much money is in directors' bank accounts?

There is a formula for assessing compensation based on 4 categories of clubs together with the cost of development which can include training, physio, travel, accommodation costs but also the cost of salaries of the the coaches.

That is one reason why Dundee United were hit by £200k for Charlie Telfer cos of Murray Park extortionate coaching regime. I just don't get it how some of you are so thick not to understand this!

That is one reason why Dundee United were hit by £200k for Charlie Telfer cos of Murray Park extortionate coaching regime.

That is one reason why Dundee United were hit by £200k for Charlie Telfer cos of Murray Park extortionate coaching regime. I just don't get it how some of you are so thick not to understand this!

The price is relative to what the players are getting paid. If young players are getting a small wage, as is strongly rumoured how can we then ask for a large fee?

This again? Holt was a member of the first team squad.

How is what the younger players, who were also in education, we're paid relevant?

I never mentioned younger players who were also in education.

Yes you did

Did he?

Did he?

Yes. These "rumours" of the young players getting "small wages" has been discussed on here before. I dont remember the exact details, but they are on some scheme where they continue in education while training and playing for the club.

Holt was a full time member of the first team squad, so these "rumours" are totally irrelevant.

Yes. These "rumours" of the young players getting "small wages" has been discussed on here before. I dont remember the exact details, but they are on some scheme where they continue in education while training and playing for the club.

Holt was a full time member of the first team squad, so these "rumours" are totally irrelevant.

The facts are that when Holty left the bank to go full time at Palmerston his wages were poor .He got a couple of wage rises during the next few years .The offer for him to sign another contract last season for Queens was an absolute joke . What part that played in his decision to move on is anyones guess ,but his decision .

I know of one youngster who was offered £10 a week to sign this season .Whether he signs is his decision but it would hardly make you feel wanted .

The facts are that when Holty left the bank to go full time at Palmerston his wages were poor .He got a couple of wage rises during the next few years .The offer for him to sign another contract last season for Queens was an absolute joke . What part that played in his decision to move on is anyones guess ,but his decision .

I know of one youngster who was offered £10 a week to sign this season .Whether he signs is his decision but it would hardly make you feel wanted .

Even if they are facts, it still doesnt make any connection between Holts wages and the wages of the development squad, which is what Hawk insinuated.