The Queen of the South thread

Development fee was due for Kevin who was with Queens since youth monet from Dundee was like most transfers due in instalments.

You ended up agreeing on a small fee. It was around £60k if I recall correctly and we paid that at the time.

Holt had a very dodgy first season with us but Hartley rates him highly so I can't see him being shipped out anytime soon.

Seemingly our ex-midfielder Scott Brown is on trial with you lot. Was on loan at Dumbarton for half of last season before returning and playing a couple of matches for us. A lot of our fans were disappointed he was let go of, as he clearly has the potential to play in the top flight.

About 6ft is a decent passer but nothing special. He's meant to have a great long shot on him but he didn't show any of that at Dumbarton. He's not a good enough dribbler to play behind the striker. He's not slow or fast and he's quite strong. He would do well next to a defensive midfielder.

Seemingly our ex-midfielder Scott Brown is on trial with you lot. Was on loan at Dumbarton for half of last season before returning and playing a couple of matches for us. A lot of our fans were disappointed he was let go of, as he clearly has the potential to play in the top flight.

Sounds like he would be a good addition at Palmerston.

I wasn't a fan of Brown at all.

He done the very basic stuff but that was about it. I was actually fearing that we'd try and sign him.

A lot of the time you just don't notice he's there, it's almost like he has no defining strengths to his game.

To sum him up, his best game by miles for us was at right back.

Brown was a weird one, he apparently was highly rated at St J, but never really showed us why.

He mainly played central midfield for us, and was tidy enough without ever contributing much that was noticeable. He has no major attributes, he's just fine at everything. He's a decent passer, solid enough tackler, deceptively quick and relatively strong, but, as BBPF says, a lot of games would pass by without you noticing him.

He played one game for us at RB and was superb, so maybe if you played him there he could become a very handy player at this level.

We nicknamed him 'meh' as that's really the only word to describe. He's certainly not an awful player, he's just not a noticeable one.

Brown is the epitome of "meh". I could never quite figure out what his purpose was. He wasn't a midfielder to get stuck in and break up play, or a midfielder that goes box to box, or a creative midfielder, he just seemed to float around the middle of the park making simple passes. He was a waste of a loan in my opinion and I'm not surprised we've not looked at him since his release.

Good to get in versatile players. Sounds like he is competent both in the centre of midfield and will provide cover in the right back roll if Hamill were to get injured. Him and Stefan McCluskey would be good business
McCluskey is he training with Queens ?.

Ex Morton.

Looks like Todd is away to Dunfermline.

Would have been a good signing but think the fee has put Queens off