The Queen of the South thread

We haven't seen the team kick a ball this season yet. Let's at least wait until the season begins before passing judgement.

If they don't put 7 past the Star tonight I'm boycotting next season...

All i'm really saying is that Queens have so many first-class elements to the club, the chairman, the Arena, the new pitch, the KGV facilities, it's just a bit odd that one of them isn't the actual team!

give the manager and his team a chance please, They haven't even kicked a ball yet! The manager seems to have assembled a team full of players who give 100% every game they play in, He seems to have sourced players very well look forward to a hard working team taking to the pitch.

One or two more signings before the season starts for real and we will be set to go.

Let's get behind the club rather than constant critism.

Just had a glance at the fixture list:-

Sat 23rd July - Partick Thistle (A)

Tue 26th July - Workington Reds (A)

Sat 30th July - Stenhousemuir (H)

Please tell me that is a mistake? We can't possibly be playing a friendly 3 games after the season has kicked off? I couldn't give a shit about friendlies and the League Cup is far more important than a meaningless friendly against uninspiring opposition. If it's a game for the Under 20's then fair enough, but I'd be pretty peeved if we sent a strong squad down to Workington when we have a potentially important game 4 days later.

I'd sooner the players were rested tbh. That's just my opinion. I just don't see the point in playing a pointless game with nothing to gain but potentially a couple of things to lose. Injury and (slight, admittedly) fatigue.

I'd sooner the players were rested tbh. That's just my opinion. I just don't see the point in playing a pointless game with nothing to gain but potentially a couple of things to lose. Injury and (slight, admittedly) fatigue.

It's fairly unlikely to include the players who played on the Saturday I'd have thought. Calm down. We can only play 11 - 14 players in a match and even now the squad is a good bit bigger than that. I expect it will be mainly the guys who haven't played competitively at the weekend augmented by the 20's squad.

It's fairly unlikely to include the players who played on the Saturday I'd have thought. Calm down. We can only play 11 - 14 players in a match and even now the squad is a good bit bigger than that. I expect it will be mainly the guys who haven't played competitively at the weekend augmented by the 20's squad.

I am calm ;) As I said earlier, if it was mainly for the 20's then there's no issue at all.

I wouldn't say the squad is that big though. We have a squad of 10 first team regular outfield players. 13 if you include Anderson, Rigg and Hamill. I imagine we'll have added by that point but we're hardly blessed with a deep squad. I'd hope the only first team players heading would be fringe/lesser players like Smith, Moxon and Hooper.

Anyone know the team tonight? And is there any trailists playing?

Thomson

Rhys Evans (20's)

Dowie

Hooper

Hamill

Dean Brotherston (20's)

Millar

Pickard

Anderson

Rigg

Hilson

Currently 1-0 Hilson header. Been entirely one way traffic with Thomson having literally nothing to do. I think he's changing the entire 11 at HT.

Can't say any trialists I'm afraid.

Edited by 19QOS19

How did Rigg look ? Did we set up flat 4-4-2 ? What's the deal with Del Lyle are his off field issues keeping him occupied ?

Rigg looked decent, but like I've said to a few not much we can take from that game. Totally dominant from start to finish, if it wasn't for some very good keeping by Dalbeatties keeper could have been a pumping