The Queen of the South thread

Guest honestrae95

Not going to happen but Gus should get pumped. Doesn't know what our best team is, or best formation, changes to suit the opposition every week.

Total shitebag.

Does Gus Macpherson's mum even love him? Must be the most hated man in Scottish football! :(

Not going to happen but Gus should get pumped. Doesn't know what our best team is, or best formation, changes to suit the opposition every week.

Total shitebag.

I don't want to see the back of Gus. He has some pedigree, we'd struggle to replace him and he's managed to acquire a competitive side when it looked like even that might be a struggle.

Having said all this though, I think the criticism is pretty valid. He does fanny around with the line-up too much. And he does take too much account of what the opposition can do.

We need to impose ourselves more on games, on our own - admittedly limited - terms.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

I don't want to see the back of Gus. He has some pedigree, we'd struggle to replace him and he's managed to acquire a competitive side when it looked like even that might be a struggle.

Having said all this though, I think the criticism is pretty valid. He does fanny around with the lie-up too much. And he does take too much account of what the opposition can do.

We need to impose ourselves more on games, on our own - admittedly limited - terms.

4-5-1 against Ayr at home and God knows what it was today, 3 at the back against a high scoring team was just madness.

He should have started with the team that finished last week.

4-5-1 against Ayr at home and God knows what it was today, 3 at the back against a high scoring team was just madness.

He should have started with the team that finished last week.

Couldn't agree more, why does he change things so much.

Quote from the Queens Official site "Said Gus MacPherson, "We were disjointed in that first half, in fact we were `all over the place`. We were very poor and had no excuses!

He knows the team, so why set them up the way he did espicially against a team that has been scoring so freely recently :huh:

Couldn't agree more, why does he change things so much.

Quote from the Queens Official site "Said Gus MacPherson, "We were disjointed in that first half, in fact we were `all over the place`. We were very poor and had no excuses!

He knows the team, so why set them up the way he did espicially against a team that has been scoring so freely recently :huh:

Just heard the podcast and we started 3-5-2,really then who was Smiths partner?

Hopes the players learn from their mistakes, no we hope you learn from yours ya pilchard.

Beginning to think there isn't any decent managers out there unless they have money to spend.

I really wanted McPherson as our manager, but i now think he fills us with bullshit and thinks we don't have a clue. Some of his signings, as much as people say we have no money, have been very poor. To say simmons is SPL standard :lol: in itself is baffling. Then like posts above say, his formations are really odd, at home to Ayr and were playing 4-5-1? and if reports are true from yesterday, then its another one onto the list. Be interesting to see what he has to say tomorrow night at AGM

Edited by qos1990

I really wanted McPherson as our manager, but i now think he fills us with bullshit and thinks we don't have a clue. Some of his signings, as much as people say we have no money, have been very poor. To say simmons is SPL standard :lol: in itself is baffling. Then like posts above say, his fomartions are really odd, at home to Ayr and were playing 4-5-1? and if reports are true from yesterday, then its another one onto the list. Be interesting to see what he has to say tomorrow night at AGM

Bet he refuses to answer any questions!

Got to agree with kirkyblue . Have said before that we haven't got the technical players- and I dont think anyone else has - to play these fancy defensive systems. Only when we have had a straight 442 do we look like causing damage. To any opposing fans that say to me that McPherson is a negative manager , I would say I quite agree.

Just heard the podcast and we started 3-5-2,really then who was Smiths partner?

Hopes the players learn from their mistakes, no we hope you learn from yours ya pilchard.

Beginning to think there isn't any decent managers out there unless they have money to spend.

He also said on the podcast that Dundee were sharper than us. Newsflash, Gus, EVERY team has looked sharper than us this season <_<

Got to agree with kirkyblue . Have said before that we haven't got the technical players- and I dont think anyone else has - to play these fancy defensive systems. Only when we have had a straight 442 do we look like causing damage. To any opposing fans that say to me that McPherson is a negative manager , I would say I quite agree.

Im not sure I would say it was down to not playing 4-4-2. These players have all week to train and learn a formation. The problem, for me, is that Gus keeps changing it every week. If he thinks 3-6-1 is the best formation, then fine, play it. But play it and stick to it. Let the players get used to it and spend the time in training working on it.

It would be interesting to hear from other teams fans how many of their clubs change their formation to play us. I would bet its somewhere around 0.

He also said on the podcast that Dundee were sharper than us. Newsflash, Gus, EVERY team has looked sharper than us this season dry.gif

Im not sure I would say it was down to not playing 4-4-2. These players have all week to train and learn a formation. The problem, for me, is that Gus keeps changing it every week. If he thinks 3-6-1 is the best formation, then fine, play it. But play it and stick to it. Let the players get used to it and spend the time in training working on it.

It would be interesting to hear from other teams fans how many of their clubs change their formation to play us. I would bet its somewhere around 0.

Agree with everything above, surely he didn't have the success with St. Mirren changing formation every bloody week. Doesn't matter if players have a week to work on it, but were changing it for every team in the league, its another one for players to work on. 3-6-1 just doesn't make sense for me, never seen a 6 man midfield, never likely to again either.... 4-5-1 was played against ayr and to some success although against poorer opposition, why would you think playing 3 in defence would suit a superior team in dundee? Just don't get it at all

Gus won us the league using a 3-5-2, usually;

Smith

Broadfoot McGowne Potter

Van Zanten Adam Murray Reilly Lappin

Kean Sutton

He won't change, regardless of whether it works or not.

He will, cause hes changed formation pretty much every game so far. We started with 4-3-3 and gone through 4-4-2, 4-5-1, 4-4-1-1, 3-6-1 (or 3-5-1-1) as well as 4-3-3 and 3-5-2 another couple of times too.

Looking at the team, anyone could have managed them to a league title.

He will, cause hes changed formation pretty much every game so far. We started with 4-3-3 and gone through 4-4-2, 4-5-1, 4-4-1-1, 3-6-1 (or 3-5-1-1) as well as 4-3-3 and 3-5-2 another couple of times too.

Looking at the team, anyone could have managed them to a league title.

Surprising, the only time we really changed formation was when we got promoted, changed to a 4-4-2 and pretty much kept it there for 5 years! If he has the ability to build a good squad again, then he'll do well. He took over a team of utter duds when he came in here and won the title on his first full season.

From our title winning line-up, 8 of them were MacPherson signings, and that was on an extremely tight budget.

Guest TOPFITTER

I really wanted McPherson as our manager, but i now think he fills us with bullshit and thinks we don't have a clue. Some of his signings, as much as people say we have no money, have been very poor. To say simmons is SPL standard :lol: in itself is baffling. Then like posts above say, his formations are really odd, at home to Ayr and were playing 4-5-1? and if reports are true from yesterday, then its another one onto the list. Be interesting to see what he has to say tomorrow night at AGM

If he should speak, and he is not obliged to do so I expect him to thank those who are supporting the Club in any way and ignore those who are a hinderance or those who continually snipe and moan, and who should really be managing SPL or EPL Teams given their knowledge and undoubted abilities, (In Their Own Heads Anyways).

I wonder if he will show concern over being undermined from within, with the internet forum being an easy place to attack and stay hidden. If this were found to be the case and he had proof for the Club, how Would and Should, the Club act.

I believe Gus will speak and with honesty and integrity and No fear. He will tell us how it is from his perspective with the means he has at his disposal and what he hopes to achieve given what he has at his disposal. I guess like us all he will be disappointed with the first third of the season but will not duck responsibility for the results and will pledge to do his utmost to improve things.

I wonder, should the fans maybe take a reality check ??? the manager is working on a way reduced budget with a late put together squad, that needed time to get used to one another and only now all getting to full fitness and match sharpness, perhaps from now would be the time to start making judgements on a like for like basis.

I would bet there is more chance of The Trust getting thanks from the Board for their efforts, and offered a place at The Big Table, or Mr Wallace (whoever he is) to give the Trust a donation of £1000 for Non QOS Direct Activities, than there is for any of the Snipers to better Gus, they may have the Balls to ask a question at the AGM will they have the Brains to win the argument or the Guts to even argue ???

Thought you guys would be interested in this, sorry originally put it in the wrong thread.

Draw for the qtrs of the 19's cup

Livi v Dundee Utd

St Mirren v Stenny

Queen Of South v Ayr / Inverness

Aberdeen v Celtic / Dunfermline

Games played 12th Feb 2012

It's an internet forum, that's what happens, people discuss things they are interested in which in this case is Queen of the South and how we have been lining up. I am personally against changing the formation to suit oppositions, continuity is the name of the game as it can't be good asking people to carry out different roles week after week.

I also don't think the manager should speak at an AGM, that's just my opinion.

We've all got an opinion as does the manager . He'll be as upset with the results as much as we all are but at the end of the day Gus is the man who's paid to pick the team and what formation he wants them to play in wether we like it or not .

If asked tonight why he likes to chop & change things so much I'm pretty sure we'll get an honest and professional answer from him .

It's an internet forum, that's what happens, people discuss things they are interested in which in this case is Queen of the South and how we have been lining up. I am personally against changing the formation to suit oppositions, continuity is the name of the game as it can't be good asking people to carry out different roles week after week.

I also don't think the manager should speak at an AGM, that's just my opinion.

Has it been said anywhere that Gus is doing a Q&A tonight? Or are people just assuming because its happened in the past?

In what way is a fan who snipes and moans on the internet a hindrance? If we assume that the manager actually reads this (and more fool him if he does) and we also assume that fans have as little knowledge as you suggest, why would he take any notice? And therefore why is he being undermined?

Yes, if we are relegated the club should keep Gus and sue the scoundrels on the internet who sniped them to the drop.

I can, pretty much, guarantee Gus neither reads forums or pays any attention to what is said on the internet.