The Queen of the South thread

With the possibility of both Annan an Stranrear going up to the second, and Ayr going down, it might not be that bad if we join them.

Desperately looking for positives in going down.

I can see no positives in it. No disrespect to those clubs but I really don't want to go down there.

Plus it could be years before getting back.

Best to survive, even if only just then rebuild.

I can see no positives in it. No disrespect to those clubs but I really don't want to go down there.

I agree, I'm just convinced that come may we will be bound or the seaside.

The most extraordinary statement this season for me - by a long way - is the one by Gus McPherson saying we have signed an SPL player in Steven Simmons.

Oh dear lord.

With the possibility of both Annan an Stranrear going up to the second, and Ayr going down, it might not be that bad if we join them.

Desperately looking for positives in going down.

Will Annan and Stranraer actually bring any support through to Palmerston though? when we get relegated we'll at least have (hopefully) 1.5-3k from Raith and 2-3 k from Falkirk for there games through in Dunfermline.

Oh dear lord.

Will Annan and Stranraer actually bring any support through to Palmerston though? when we get relegated we'll at least have (hopefully) 1.5-3k from Raith and 2-3 k from Falkirk for there games through in Dunfermline.

Don't think either would bring any sizeable support through although Annan may bring a greater number initially due to the novelty factor. Part of me is almost resigned to relegation & trips to Gayfield & Glebe Park next season (no disrespect to either club). This has been brought on by the realisation that there is no funds to strengthen in January & this current sqaud doesn't care enough to try and improve our situation. There is a bit of groundhog day about the 1st division & relegation for all it is soul destroying would at least be a change of scenery.

Finally Gus McPherson's quote about Stephen Simmons was laughable. The way in which he disappears during games is miraculous. Lucky if he touched the ball a dozen times last weekend.

Nah, the second division is an abomination of a league. It doesn't take much to get out of it at all. But it's just shit. There's no fun in it at all. No disrespect to the teams involved, but it sucks. You don't want to go down, but if you do you'll come straight back up again.

Can’t believe the BOD would be happy sitting watching that display again today. Does Gus have regular meetings with them and explain himself?

Would love to be a fly on the wall, wonder who or what he'd blame this week!

The strange thing for me is the sheer lack of interest from the Dumfries public. Dumfries has around 60,000 people to draw on and yet when you go to a home game there seems to be more folk from outside the town than from the locals themselves. I remember when more female presence was in the crowd, now there are hardly any.

Also what a poorly run club we have, the Directors are the most clueless bunch I have seen at Palmerston in 40 years. Even the clingers that hang around the club need a good kick up the arse. We probably have the worst Official website within the top two divisions in the UK.

The whole club needs redirected or it will be straight through to the 3rd Division just like Clyde. :angry:

Will dropping down into the second be so bad ? Is struggling in the First Division again a more attractive proposition than that ? Part time in the Second would bring lower wages and possible games with Annan. There are no games in the First that the locals are ' up for '. There would also be a bit of breathing space to bring on some youngsters . We might be able to regroup and come back up with a bit more to offer .What is there to lose as our home crowds are crap anyway ?

Will dropping down into the second be so bad ? Is struggling in the First Division again a more attractive proposition than that ? Part time in the Second would bring lower wages and possible games with Annan. There are no games in the First that the locals are ' up for '. There would also be a bit of breathing space to bring on some youngsters . We might be able to regroup and come back up with a bit more to offer .What is there to lose as our home crowds are crap anyway ?

I'm coming round to this idea a bit, but it's important to be careful what you wish for.

The picture of the second division you paint is fairly attractive and not unreasonable. The fear however is that we simply become a wee club again. I'm not pretending that we've ever been a big club, but you know what I mean.

For a long, long time, we played - and actually struggled against - clubs from smaller communities than our own and it's maybe easy to forget that the 1st isn't really like that, for all its repetitive tedium. (Remember Ross County don't just serve Dingwall.)

I'd be scared that we'd simply settle in the lower divisions and not emerge for a long time.

The clincher for me though is that the prize of survival this time really wouldn't be a great one. It seems we'll be among the favourites to go down each year until we do and it therefore doesn't look like we'll have any fun seasons for a while at this level.

I'll still spend the rest of this season praying for wins, such is the nature of things.

I am coming round to the idea however that relegation might not be the worst conceivable fate.

MK - Of course it is against mine and probably your nature to wan't to go down but as previously said , it might be a better option than staying here . If we survive and with the financial state of the club, we would again be in a dogfight at the bottom. As I said , lesser opposition would be better for blooding some young guys and if doing better , our crowds could rise a bit . Some people just like watching winning teams no matter the opponents

The second division seems fine - until the fixture lists come out.

Can't believe anybody would think going back down would be ok. Anybody who can remember it will know what it was like - awful.

They should also remember the feeling we had when we were getting out of it. Staying up should produce the same feeling.

You should want to compete at as high a level as possible. This attitude of resigning yourself to it pisses me off and gives those lazy, uncaring excuses for footballers that we are lumbered with just the excuse they need to give up, although they may well have done that already.

If the fans don't care about going down, we can hardly expect the mercenaries who won't be here next season to give a shit. Although it might be counterproductive, I sometimes think we should all get along to Palmerston to show these twats what it means to us and let them know what we think about their stinking attitude instead of either not going at all or drifting silently away at the end.

As far as I'm concerned, you can shove this acceptance of shittiness right up where it belongs.

I see where you're coming from Flash, but I just can't see the extent to which I get upset, having any bearing on how our players perform.

I've become resigned to resignation. I find it suits me.

A strong reply Flash , fair enough. Have you considered what our core support will be if we continue to lose the majority of our games but still hang on ? Frightening to think isn't it ? I can tell you that I care deeply about this football club , maybe too much . I am merely bringing up a possible option as a talking point amongst our fans . In an ideal world we would have 3,000 plus average and a compliant ground but , well, you know the rest

The second division seems fine - until the fixture lists come out.

Can't believe anybody would think going back down would be ok. Anybody who can remember it will know what it was like - awful.

They should also remember the feeling we had when we were getting out of it. Staying up should produce the same feeling.

You should want to compete at as high a level as possible. This attitude of resigning yourself to it pisses me off and gives those lazy, uncaring excuses for footballers that we are lumbered with just the excuse they need to give up, although they may well have done that already.

If the fans don't care about going down, we can hardly expect the mercenaries who won't be here next season to give a shit. Although it might be counterproductive, I sometimes think we should all get along to Palmerston to show these twats what it means to us and let them know what we think about their stinking attitude instead of either not going at all or drifting silently away at the end.

As far as I'm concerned, you can shove this acceptance of shittiness right up where it belongs.

Would agree with that. I've spent many years following Queens, most of them traipsing round Cliftonhill, Recreation Park, Boghead ( yes I know ) etc. and I really don't want to return to those days.

I just can't shake off the spectre of the Harkness years.

The strange thing for me is the sheer lack of interest from the Dumfries public. Dumfries has around 60,000 people to draw on and yet when you go to a home game there seems to be more folk from outside the town than from the locals themselves. I remember when more female presence was in the crowd, now there are hardly any.

Also what a poorly run club we have, the Directors are the most clueless bunch I have seen at Palmerston in 40 years. Even the clingers that hang around the club need a good kick up the arse. We probably have the worst Official website within the top two divisions in the UK.

The whole club needs redirected or it will be straight through to the 3rd Division just like Clyde. :angry:

You won't get any bites with the that one, i'm afraid. If, however, your being genuine, feel free to email the website direct with what you think other clubs are doing that we're not and all of your ideas for improvement. I'm already looking forward to it :)