The Queen of the South thread

Saw Dobbie play for Swansea and Fleetwood. He never realised his full potential because of mismanagement. Martinez signed him for Swansea then left and Brendan Rogers didn't want him so he was loaned out to Blackpool.  Despite helping his loan and then parent club to reach the Premier League he was never properly allowed to kick on. Delighted with the signing - hope he can link up with the tan man!

8 minutes ago, Deefiant said:

I knew he was down south but couldn't recall what level etc.

Does he still suffer with his fitness or has his spell down south improved that?

Not a criticism tbh as even when heavy he was a very good player.

He is fit and lean as a butchers dog and wearing a MEDIUM kit in the picture on our website.

Oh happy days. :)

23 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Am I the only one to be none the wiser as to who this lad is? 

You'll know fine well who he is come 5:45pm Saturday night :P

Edited by 19QOS19

36 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Am I the only one to be none the wiser as to who this lad is? 

Yes. Yes, you are. 

He will single-handedly win the Championship for Queen of the South. He is my all-time favourite St. Johnstone player. He is a king. I'm absolutely raging that Queens have pulled this off.

Credit to everyone at the club for getting Dobbie back. He was worth the admission money alone in his last spell with us. Fabulously gifted footballer and you always felt you had a chance of scoring a goal when he was on the pitch.

He scored goals from nothing. I just loved watching him play and I'm sure the squad will have got a massive lift with him signing.

39 minutes ago, doonhamer64 said:

Saw Dobbie play for Swansea and Fleetwood. He never realised his full potential because of mismanagement. Martinez signed him for Swansea then left and Brendan Rogers didn't want him so he was loaned out to Blackpool.  Despite helping his loan and then parent club to reach the Premier League he was never properly allowed to kick on. Delighted with the signing - hope he can link up with the tan man!

Was it not Sousa who loaned him to Blackpool. Rogers did rate him and he was  absolutely outstanding in the 2nd half of the season when Swansea got promoted. In all honesty i don`t think he quite had it to play in the Prem long term. 

Delighted by this signing. No matter how it goes the feel good factor it has generated this evening is tremendous.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Was it not Sousa who loaned him to Blackpool. Rogers did rate him and he was  absolutely outstanding in the 2nd half of the season when Swansea got promoted. In all honesty i don`t think he quite had it to play in the Prem long term. 

Delighted by this signing. No matter how it goes the feel good factor it has generated this evening is tremendous.

Agree what a lift brilliant just out of interest have dobbie and lyle ever been in the same team for us