The Queen of the South thread

16/1 is certainly a good price, but I'd still be surprised (very pleasantly) if he can sustain a rate of more than a goal every two games, over an extended period. 

He played for a better Queens team for most of his spell here before, than he'll get to this time.

He's than capable of dropping deep and ripping the pish though :P

Anyway, get yourselves to Coral folks. We know something they don't :lol:

57a4fd8e9e413_ImageUploadedByPieBovril14

Full credit to the BOD for taking such positive action on the recruitment front. I think they fully realise that interest levels in Queens were dipping to alarmingly low levels on the back of an uninspiring season. We saw today the energy and enthusiasm of the away support at Tannadice and if they can somehow find the cash for another couple of decent signings we will be well equipped to compete and deliver some entertaining attacking football. Hopefully the Dumfries public will do their bit and get along to games in proper numbers , something that they havent been doing for quite a while even when we had that great side two years ago.

4 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Full credit to the BOD for taking such positive action on the recruitment front. I think they fully realise that interest levels in Queens were dipping to alarmingly low levels on the back of an uninspiring season. We saw today the energy and enthusiasm of the away support at Tannadice and if they can somehow find the cash for another couple of decent signings we will be well equipped to compete and deliver some entertaining attacking football. Hopefully the Dumfries public will do their bit and get along to games in proper numbers , something that they havent been doing for quite a while even when we had that great side two years ago.

I think you've kind of answered your own query.

We did have a good, young, fairly substantially home grown side a couple of years ago who reached the playoffs and Scottish Cup quarter finals, but our gates remained poor.

I think we can but hope for a decent side to suitably entertain those of us who care.  Relying on it to spur a wider interest seems depressingly forlorn.

Good that we have Dobbie back but he can,t do it all himself.

We need a left side midfielder.

We have played Hilson and Dykes there good going forward but poor in defence.

Gary Harkins and Dan Carmichael would give us a chance of the top 4 if they signed on loan.

38 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Good that we have Dobbie back but he can,t do it all himself.

We need a left side midfielder.

We have played Hilson and Dykes there good going forward but poor in defence.

Gary Harkins and Dan Carmichael would give us a chance of the top 4 if they signed on loan.

Actually thought Dykes was decent defensively on Saturday. That`s not to say we don`t need someone to play wide left though as you suggest

I think Harkins is precisely what we need in the middle. Alongside Tapping we would have one of the strongest central midfields in the league.

Carmichael is a debatable one. I always thought that he was more effective on the right hand side, so not sure it would solve the problem that we have. I also remain unconvinced that his end product is good enough to improve us by much. Don't get me wrong, he has bags of talent, but he was still relatively ineffective in the final third even in his last season before moving on to Hibs.

18 minutes ago, Mr X said:

As long as we're not suggesting we should bring in Harkins to play on the left

Harkins probably played his best football for us on the left.

Still no word on the Higgins injury.Going to be out a while ?.

Really need to get our young players out on loan like Smith.

What is the injury to Marshall out for a while ?.

Hopper would do for the odd game but not good enough to play every week.

We have played a very good Hibs team tonight but it has looked like men v boys really need to get at least 2  players in.