The Queen of the South thread

6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I take it this was another game of two halves?

Amazing result Queens were lucky to be only one down at half time but the 2 nd half was amazing .

The subs really turned the game

Someone called DOBBIE came on then Brotherston came on amazing that we were missing 2 of our regular back 4

Now to the draw home tie please

Just back from the game. Wow! Beating the Scottish Cup holders on their own patch has to be right up amongst the greatest nights ever.  Robinson, Hooper, and Dykes were superb - if Cummings (who never does anything against us) is worth £1 million, what must Hooper be worth? - he had Cummings in his pocket all game after swapping flanks with Hamill. I'm sure it was Dykes who played in Brotherston to set up the first goal - that was the pass of the season, looking forward to seeing it in the highlights. Brownlie deserves a special mention, 'cos of all the criticism he's had on here - didn't put a foot wrong all night. Slightly disappointed with turnout....I remember the 2003 game when it took forever to get in...where were all the Edinburgh Doonhamers?  For those of us who were there, it was a game which will live long in the memory. Thanks, Gavin!

Am I right in thinking the Quarter Finals are still seeded? If so, we're likely to get Aberdeen, Hearts, Celtic or Rangers depending on tomorrow's results? After tonight - bring them on! 

Oh, and I haven't mentioned Stephen Dobbie....

9 minutes ago, billy_gordons_beard said:

Just back from the game. Wow! Beating the Scottish Cup holders on their own patch has to be right up amongst the greatest nights ever.  Robinson, Hooper, and Dykes were superb - if Cummings (who never does anything against us) is worth £1 million, what must Hooper be worth? - he had Cummings in his pocket all game after swapping flanks with Hamill. I'm sure it was Dykes who played in Brotherston to set up the first goal - that was the pass of the season, looking forward to seeing it in the highlights. Brownlie deserves a special mention, 'cos of all the criticism he's had on here - didn't put a foot wrong all night. Slightly disappointed with turnout....I remember the 2003 game when it took forever to get in...where were all the Edinburgh Doonhamers?  For those of us who were there, it was a game which will live long in the memory. Thanks, Gavin!

Am I right in thinking the Quarter Finals are still seeded? If so, we're likely to get Aberdeen, Hearts, Celtic or Rangers depending on tomorrow's results? After tonight - bring them on! 

Unseeded draw from now on.

When did we last make the quarters of the league cup? I can't really remember us getting that far in the 15 years I've been watching.

To whoever mentioned the turnout, I would put that down to us having played them 8 times over the past 2 seasons, with at least another 4 to follow this season. It isn't a novelty anymore.

Slightly disappointed with turnout....I remember the 2003 game when it took forever to get in...where were all the Edinburgh Doonhamers?

In 2003 it was the first time we'd played Hibs away in over 10 years.

Tonight was the 10th time we've played Hibs in 3 years, with 4 more fixtures this season.

Needless to say the novelty of playing Hibs has well and truly worn off. If there was over 200 fans there tonight I'd have been impressed.

Great result feared the worst reading the updates and down 1-0 and then too lose Hilson as well I thought oh f**k. Great comeback from the team and good to see dobbie get a goal.

Early I know but that's a few guys who are injured now any of them gonna be ready for saturday??

Thought the only let down was Hamill but he plugged away when he could have his when getting dogs abuse. Thought too a man we were decent tonight. Robbos double stop class. Hooper once he changed to his more comfortable side had a good game, two centre halfs solid. Anderson never stops running, two in midfield were immense both have really stepped their game up, dobbie was incredible those touches and awareness of everything around him is just incredible. Tan man tried again but wasn't himself. Then there's young Lyndon and dean what a way to make a name for yourself, Lyndon holding of men and pinging a superb pass for dean to cut back with his first touch for the first, then a great cross for the second... Well in. Then Dykesy strike, forgive me but I think we've a player on our hands here, he caused them no ends of trouble upfront.

Special well done to Gavin Skelton who showed he's a set of balls when it comes to decision making. Aye Hamill was having a stinker but it'd have been easy to leave him, no he chucks on Brotherston at wing back and goes for it, and it paid dividends. Well played.

We're no there yet, but we've the making of a bloody good side.

1 hour ago, die hard doonhamer said:

When did we last make the quarters of the league cup? I can't really remember us getting that far in the 15 years I've been watching.

To whoever mentioned the turnout, I would put that down to us having played them 8 times over the past 2 seasons, with at least another 4 to follow this season. It isn't a novelty anymore.

Novelty.....really

If it was Hibs in the quarter final, would the novelty still be the case ?

Cracking result btw and I said it pre the season started I think Skelton will get queens back again to previous, the dobbie signing is a cracker, wasted away in lower leagues of England, which is miles above this level and the experience of it will have improved him, not the novelty

On 4 August 2016 at 13:24, temps15 said:
4 hours ago, billy_gordons_beard said:

We are still very much in the holiday season. I currently in the States or I would have been there. The Edinburgh Fringe is on too. Had this match been played a month or so down the line I am sure there would have been more central belt exiles there.

The Hearts league cup match at Tynecastle three or four seasons back was in late August/September and was well attended.

I wouldn't look too much into the away attendance of this match.

Anyway, what a great result for the team and a great start to the season in general. Hopefully, we can really build on this.

On paper you would want Alloa or Morton at home and I am sure they would not be too upset at getting us at their place - so let it be! 

Edited by qos_75

Novelty.....really

If it was Hibs in the quarter final, would the novelty still be the case ?

Yes, really. As I've already said, last night was the 10th time we played Hibs in 3 seasons. So why do you find it so hard to believe that the novelty of playing them has worn off?

No it wouldn't have been a novelty if it was the Quarter Finals as we don't often reach the QF's of cups, especially the League Cup.

Perhaps you should look up the meaning of the word "novelty".