The Queen of the South thread

Money gets us better players.

Wonder if we would have signed DOBBIE if we had got knocked out of the Cup early on..

Cup money is very important to a club the size of Queens

Progression also gets us money. More of it, in fact.

I think we would have signed Dobbie even if we had lost all 3 group games.

6 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Money gets us better players.

Wonder if we would have signed DOBBIE if we had got knocked out of the Cup early on..

Cup money is very important to a club the size of Queens

Of course money is welcome and of course we're still in the Cup.

However, we might have had a good chance of reaching a semi-final and as it is, we've a fairly small chance now.

I'd argue that Cup progress to the latter stages is very important to a club the size of Queens, because it doesn't come round that often and that's what gives us the big memories; not handy windfalls.

1 hour ago, Northfield 53 said:

Great draw make £250,000 or gamble and say play Morton make £50,000 and maybe lose the game 

Where are you making these numbers up from. Both wildly optimistic. If everybody paid themselves in multiple times I doubt we would get £50k from a Morton game.

20 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Where are you making these numbers up from. Both wildly optimistic. If everybody paid themselves in multiple times I doubt we would get £50k from a Morton game.

is making the Quarter finals not worth 50k + 20k Bt money hopefully with 3/4 shown live plus 40% ticket money = roughly 200K?

Oh well, enjoy pulling the head off it all the same to Falkirk TV! [emoji6]

Comedy gold, with that Bernard Manning routine, I'll laugh when I get a time machine back to 1992....Sitting near to Mustafa is all the queens fans need to turn up to games, a real novelty act

Of the 4 ties the least exciting tie is comfortably Celtic Vs Alloa. I'll be extremely shocked if Celtic miss out on one of the 3 slots though. How else are there 'fans' supposed to watch their team play in a half empty stadium?

7 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Do we get money for the game being on Tv or was it all divvied up between the teams at the start ? 

9 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Great draw make £250,000 or gamble and say play Morton make £50,000 and maybe lose the game 

I would rather Queens made money from the Rangers game maybe that will let Skelton get another 2 players in

Deary me. How many quarter finals of cup competitions do we get to ? Funnily enough my first thought when watching a draw isn't oh goody we will get pumped but we can now sign another player. A winnable home tie and the chance of a semi final was what I and I think most wanted. 

Edited by Broony88

9 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

With every cup the aim has to be progression, not cash. A favourable draw would have given us a great chance to make the semi final of the competition for the first time in 56 seasons!

Just need a decent performance ,frustrate Rangers in front of there home crowd and we could have the best of both worlds.

Then Celtic at home in the semis 

Obviously everyone wants us to progress, but as Doonhamer doon South said the money we will make is the silver lining IF we get knocked out.

It'll be a hard game, but so would Alloa, Morton or whoever we got.

We'll go to Ibrox and have a go, it certainly won't be the easy game all the Dumfries Rangers fans think it will be. 

9 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Imagine that policing and stewarding expenses are very high at Mordor. Unlikely to be a really big crowd either with so many games around this time of year. I imagine if we clear six figures we'll be doing well. Not to be sneezed at, right enough. 

Wanting Rangers because It's a good payday is such a depressing reason when it's  a quarter final of a national cup competition for which we haven't even made the semis  since 1960/61 let alone win the thing,

10 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Is the prize money for losing quarter finalists not £50k? Thought I read that on here somehwhere. But it may not be correct even if I did, of course.

Edited by Flash
Typos