The Queen of the South thread

4 hours ago, Mr X said:

According to the rumour I heard they did.

A remarkable testament to the man and his affection for the club, if so. Doubtless he would have had other offers on the table. The chat amongst Hibs fans was that Lennon didn't particularly rate him from his time at Bolton, but I doubt Lennon is daft enough to think that Dobbie wouldn't thrive in the Scottish Championship. He could have been a shrewd acquisition for a few Scottish Premiership clubs too IMO. 

26 minutes ago, Dougie Mills said:

He came back up to Partick who were in the top flight.

He didn't say he didn't. He said he was shunned before he went to England. Though actually it's not remotely similar and as I recall it at the time Aberdeen were interested at least but wouldn't spend the sort of money on him Southend (who were Championship at the time) did.

5 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He didn't say he didn't. He said he was shunned before he went to England. Though actually it's not remotely similar and as I recall it at the time Aberdeen were interested at least but wouldn't spend the sort of money on him Southend (who were Championship at the time) did.

Apologies to Rusty, I've obviously misread the post but as you point out there were rumoured to be a few teams looking at him (Liverpool mentioned in the press I'm sure?) and it was probably more a case of more money available down South rather than him not being ignored by teams up here.

46 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Saturday 3rd September.

http://spfl.co.uk/challenge-cup/

It's the weekend of 3rd / 4th though I've no reason to believe it won't be on the Saturday. It's an international weekend and Scotland are playing on the Sunday in Malta. We'll confirm date, prices etc when arranged.

It's the weekend of 3rd / 4th though I've no reason to believe it won't be on the Saturday. It's an international weekend and Scotland are playing on the Sunday in Malta. We'll confirm date, prices etc when arranged.

I think it's a given that normal league prices will apply. Not that I'm complaining of course as I think Queens have the best pricing structure in the league.

Brace yourselves for the "It's a disgrace because ;

a ) I can't go because I'm going to the Scotland game
b ) ticket prices are ridiculously high
c ) I'm bored of seeing Stenhousemuir again for the xth time in x years
d ) just because

Apologies to Rusty, I've obviously misread the post but as you point out there were rumoured to be a few teams looking at him (Liverpool mentioned in the press I'm sure?) and it was probably more a case of more money available down South rather than him not being ignored by teams up here.

No problem. I recall interest from Aberdeen, right enough. Always thought Motherwell would have signed Thomson after starting at Jerviston Boys Club. He had a good run with his clubs in England before returning to Scotland, playing for Partick, Falkirk and Stenny along with Queens before retiring.

No problem. I recall interest from Aberdeen, right enough. Always thought Motherwell would have signed Thomson after starting at Jerviston Boys Club. He had a good run with his clubs in England before returning to Scotland, playing for Partick, Falkirk and Stenny along with Queens before retiring.

Anyone know what he is doing these days?