The Queen of the South thread

Also excited by Dykes. He displays a lot of natural talent, particularly his pace, touches and movement. On the latter see 3:57 into the video, he gets around the defender superbly to meet the cross (albeit the finish is lacking, but that can be worked on).

ETA: A few other things I'm enjoying from the highlights:

- Dykes' touch around 3:40

- The fully ten second hug between Del and Dobbie after the second goal

- Dowie's wee look at Mark Millar as they celebrate the second goal

Edited by Margaret Thatcher

It was put up last week, after the Ayr game. First of a number of changes imminent.

Is the PA system on the list? Certainly in no position to criticise the Board, but I don't think it's a harsh criticism to suggest it's time for an upgrade.

Dowie's reaction to Millar after the second goal is brilliant, he's like a giddy schoolgirl smiling away.  To be honest, that's exactly how I feel all the time just now whenever I think about Dobbie.  I genuinely still can't believe he's back sometimes, its almost surreal.

Dowie's reaction to Millar after the second goal is brilliant, he's like a giddy schoolgirl smiling away.  To be honest, that's exactly how I feel all the time just now whenever I think about Dobbie.  I genuinely still can't believe he's back sometimes, its almost surreal.

Haha, same!! Derek Lyle everytime dobbie does something has the biggest cheesy going. Some serious dobbs loving from his team mates

3 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Just playing with someone of that quality must make playing football so much more fun again, It isn't just his finishing but the way he brings other people into the game so well. Not to mention by all accounts he is a model pro and an absolute gent.

I enjoyed Beany's tweets today:

7 minutes ago, Sloop John B said:

Just playing with someone of that quality must make playing football so much more fun again, It isn't just his finishing but the way he brings other people into the game so well. Not to mention by all accounts he is a model pro and an absolute gent.

I enjoyed Beany's tweets today:

Yes nice one Beany.:lol:

2 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I'm so envious of Queens fans. Feels great having Gary Harkins at Ayr who's clearly too good for us, but to have Stephen Dobbie playing for your club must be unbelievable. You lucky, lucky b*****ds.

Whenever I think of the dobbster. 

image.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

The man was a joy to watch in the English Championship and I wanted Middlesbrough to sign him I was so impressed by his ability. For him to drop all the way to the Scottish Championship to 'come home' is sensational.

Can hardly believe it, still. Dobbie and his family seem to be absolutely loving it as much as the fans, having fun and his young sons are getting to see him playing/scoring every week. His wife is buzzing on twitter

1 minute ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

The man was a joy to watch in the English Championship and I wanted Middlesbrough to sign him I was so impressed by his ability. For him to drop all the way to the Scottish Championship to 'come home' is sensational.

It's actually hard to describe just how much the fans love him.  To see a player of that ability playing for Queens the first time round was unreal, but it genuinely gets the emotions going to think he's come back to us when he could easily still be playing at a higher level.  The year he left he stood up in front of the fans at the player of the year awards and said he'd be back one day, but you take these things with a pinch of salt. He genuinely loves playing for the club and in front of the fans who idolise him.  I don't think fans of your 'bigger clubs' could ever understand what it means to fans like us.

f**k me, I'm welling up reading that back. 

I'm so envious of Queens fans. Feels great having Gary Harkins at Ayr who's clearly too good for us, but to have Stephen Dobbie playing for your club must be unbelievable. You lucky, lucky b*****ds.

Certainly is brilliant.