The Queen of the South thread

Great news. Like the bit on the official website where JT says he 'complements the players we already have at the club.' It's clearly not just the fans he lifts, but the players around him. On the basis of what I've seen so far, Dykes looks like a great prospect. He (and everyone else) will benefit immensely from playing alongside someone with the quality and experience of Dobbie. 

I was actually nearly welling up reading what he has to say about our club, didn't think any player could love a club as much as the fans but he certainly does.
Love this guy [emoji7][emoji7]

51 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

f**k.

Don't worry it's only four pumpings, you can return to normality next season when Dobbie is terrorising the Premiership teams defences ;)

Edited by Broony88

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The first. But surely both would make any shortlist.

I'm trying to limit it to one goal per player, per game. Otherwise I could have:

GOAL B - Dobbie - QUEEN OF THE SOUTH vs Falkirk
GOAL C - Dobbie - QUEEN OF THE SOUTH vs Falkirk

Just now, Marr1 said:

I'm trying to limit it to one goal per player, per game. Otherwise I could have:

GOAL B - Dobbie - QUEEN OF THE SOUTH vs Falkirk
GOAL C - Dobbie - QUEEN OF THE SOUTH vs Falkirk

And the problem with that is? :unsure:

If he happens to have scored the best two goals of the month in the same game (not saying he did) then why would you not have both in the short list. It's like saying the second fastest 100m run in history gets ignored if it was achieved in the same race the world record was broken in.

The first goal gets the nod from me. The technique for that goal is absolutely sublime. With ball was running across him and 9/10 players would blast that over the left hand side. For him to keep it low was just as impressive as the finish itself.

The second one was superb due to the composure shown. Both must surely warrant a place in the list unless there have been crackers scored elsewhere in the league.

Lets not forget his goal Vs Ayr either. The placement was superb.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I see the BBC Championship preview just published has us slated for 8th.

Hibs to win the league.

Dundee United, Falkirk and St Mirren for playoffs.

Morton, Raith, Dunfermline and then us 5th to 8th.

Ayr for relegation playoff.

Dumbarton relegated outright.

BBC Preview

I don't think anyone at the BBC has the first clue that we've signed Dobbie or that it matters.

As I said earlier, neither he or his club got so much as a mention in a lengthy Champioship feature on the Radio on Sunday.  

Even in that Preview, he gets nothing at all in the text, instead just being listed among the ins and outs.  It's obviously been composed by someone with no insight and little interest.

15 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I don't think anyone at the BBC has the first clue that we've signed Dobbie or that it matters.

As I said earlier, neither he or his club got so much as a mention in a lengthy Champioship feature on the Radio on Sunday.  

Even in that Preview, he gets nothing at all in the text, instead just being listed among the ins and outs.  It's obviously been composed by someone with no insight and little interest.

I'd imagine the "ins and outs" is probably culled off the pinned thread on this site most likely too.