The Queen of the South thread

Just seen that on Twitter .... Don't think either would get in the starting 11 right now

Would take one of them back for sure. Yes we are doing great but need depth to sqaud. Either one of them would do for me.

It's actually hard to describe just how much the fans love him.  To see a player of that ability playing for Queens the first time round was unreal, but it genuinely gets the emotions going to think he's come back to us when he could easily still be playing at a higher level.  The year he left he stood up in front of the fans at the player of the year awards and said he'd be back one day, but you take these things with a pinch of salt. He genuinely loves playing for the club and in front of the fans who idolise him.  I don't think fans of your 'bigger clubs' could ever understand what it means to fans like us.

f**k me, I'm welling up reading that back. 

Having a player that was too good for us was until recently a rarity in my time following Queens. So to have the best of the lot come back for a second stint whilst he is still too good for us is the stuff of dreams. It just doesn't and shouldn't happen at this level.

I've been trying to arm myself with a comparison as I'm fully expecting some of my friends who support "big teams" to tell me to calm down its not as if we've signed Messi.

The best I could come up with was if Larsson had come back to Celtic after his stints at Barcelona and Man United. There would be a bit of a parallel there, with a club legend and best player in most supporters lifetime coming "home" after a spell playing at a higher level.

Are any of you lads concerned that a big club turns his head during the January window? I can think of a few who have dropped down then realised that they can still perform at a much higher level. Or is he involved in the coaching and sees this as a good opportunity for a year or two?

Are any of you lads concerned that a big club turns his head during the January window? I can think of a few who have dropped down then realised that they can still perform at a much higher level. Or is he involved in the coaching and sees this as a good opportunity for a year or two?

He said he came to try and finish what he didn't manage last time and get us up. If even the playoffs looked remotely likely in January I'd expect him to stick around until the end of the season.

If he has a standout season but we don't go up (an outcome that is very likely) then he may have offers in the Summer. He'll be turning 34 next season though.

I'm hopeful he'll finish his career with us. In all honesty though his signing was so unexpected that we'll savour every minute he's here.

11 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I'm still shocked that nobody else picked him up in the summer - I would think he could do a job for any team in Scotland except Celtic. I think there is a chance but it would have to be an interesting opportunity for him to go - not just a mid-lower level Premiership team. I imagine Queens have pushed the boat out money wise.

Edited by TeeMan

5 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

He said he came to try and finish what he didn't manage last time and get us up. If even the playoffs looked remotely likely in January I'd expect him to stick around until the end of the season.

If he has a standout season but we don't go up (an outcome that is very likely) then he may have offers in the Summer. He'll be turning 34 next season though.

I'm hopeful he'll finish his career with us. In all honesty though his signing was so unexpected that we'll savour every minute he's here.

Yeah, I think at 34 he'll probably just have a year left so will be looking to just enjoy playing out his final season.

Edited by TeeMan

The man was a joy to watch in the English Championship and I wanted Middlesbrough to sign him I was so impressed by his ability. For him to drop all the way to the Scottish Championship to 'come home' is sensational.

Don't mention that to the Falkirk fans......it's all about the money you know!!

9 hours ago, spacekid84 said:

Where would you play them??

I'd also take both back but they wouldnt necessarily go straight into the team.

For me, we still need more cover/options in the wide areas, particularly on the left. Having Anderson, Carmichael and Harris competing for the two wide areas with Dykes, Hilson and Brotherston as cover would make a pretty strong squad.

Dykes has done well so far on the left, but its a big ask to expect him to continue that for a whole season. Plus, when he moved up front on Saturday he looked far more comfortable, Id like to see him get more time there

Cant see them taking a drop in wages to not be guaranteed starting. They'd be as well staying where they are.

Harris was frustrating at palmerston would be good one week, then do nothing for the next five.

Lyndon will look more comfortable up front, its where hes played his whole life, but hes doing pretty well wide left for only playing there a couple of months.

20 minutes ago, spacekid84 said:

Cant see them taking a drop in wages to not be guaranteed starting. They'd be as well staying where they are.

Harris was frustrating at palmerston would be good one week, then do nothing for the next five.

Lyndon will look more comfortable up front, its where hes played his whole life, but hes doing pretty well wide left for only playing there a couple of months.

Maybe, but that doesnt affect whether or not Id like to see them joining Queens