The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I see the BBC Championship preview just published has us slated for 8th.

Hibs to win the league.

Dundee United, Falkirk and St Mirren for playoffs.

Morton, Raith, Dunfermline and then us 5th to 8th.

Ayr for relegation playoff.

Dumbarton relegated outright.

BBC Preview

Let everyone think that. Would be quite happy to go under the radar, but it will be hard if Dobbie gives us performances and goals that he has the last 3 games.

Edited by spacekid84
Its a pretty poor article, as someone said basically just players in and out at each club

Finally got round to watching the highlights - not too much incentive for me after all - and the first goal is just a fantastic piece of skill.  No wonder you chaps are all moist this week. 

If he stays fit, he's clearly the factor that will have QoS somewhat higher in the league than er...8th, apparently. Which just goes to show what the BBC cares about the Championship without their beloved tax dodgers.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

The first goal gets the nod from me. The technique for that goal is absolutely sublime. With ball was running across him and 9/10 players would blast that over the left hand side. For him to keep it low was just as impressive as the finish itself.

The second one was superb due to the composure shown. Both must surely warrant a place in the list unless there have been crackers scored elsewhere in the league.

Lets not forget his goal Vs Ayr either. The placement was superb.

I put both his goals against Falkirk in, that takes me up to 4 so far. I'm not putting in a third unless he scores two world class ones at the weekend.

Let everyone think that. Would be quite happy to go under the radar, but it will be hard if Dobbie gives us performances and goals that he has the last 3 games.

This. Going under the radar and hopefully performances/results continue. Really looking forward to Dunfermline tommorrow!

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I don't think anyone at the BBC has the first clue that we've signed Dobbie or that it matters.

As I said earlier, neither he or his club got so much as a mention in a lengthy Champioship feature on the Radio on Sunday.  

Even in that Preview, he gets nothing at all in the text, instead just being listed among the ins and outs.  It's obviously been composed by someone with no insight and little interest.

You could have just stopped there <_<

Hibs to win the league.

BBC Preview

It's pretty clear it's been put together by someone armed with last season's table and a limited knowledge of Scottish football. I'm guessing the logic was roughly as follows.

Hibs and Dundee United are both big clubs, Hibs to win it cos Neil Lennon.

Falkirk in the playoffs because they usually are. St Mirren again featuring due to their name.

Down the bottom you've got the two part-timers. Ayr to finish above Dumbarton cos Ian McCall.

The remaining teams were then drawn at random.

f**k the BBC.

5 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Hibs to win the league.

BBC Preview

The top 4 are the ones who got most votes in the predictions thread. 

Quite a few also had us 8th. Looks like it was pretty much based on that.

You hear a lot about quarters and reaching 40pts mark and getting 10pts a quarter to see where that takes you. I don't think many people would have expected us to be sitting 2nd equal after 4 games with 10 pts. I think last season we started with 3 wins but they were maybe easier games.

Great start - onwards and upwards

6 minutes ago, queenslad said:

You hear a lot about quarters and reaching 40pts mark and getting 10pts a quarter to see where that takes you. I don't think many people would have expected us to be sitting 2nd equal after 4 games with 10 pts. I think last season we started with 3 wins but they were maybe easier games.

Great start - onwards and upwards

I think the three wins came against the only three teams who managed to finish beneath us.  Basically, those nine points kept us out of serious trouble, given how dreadful our late run was.

Carmichael to come back to Queens ?.

He would be a great signing but Ayr and Dunfermline are in foir him as well.

Need a wide player can,t see any better than Carmichael.

I think he is the best option. The injury to dykes might just prompt the club to go for him or someone else.

For dykes this is probably best time to have the injury. Next game is stenny in the cup so he can miss that so the next meaningful game is at least couple weeks which will give the guy some time to recover. Of course if he is out for months then I just shoveling shit. If the injury is about a month long out then he not missing too much. As has been said he is a key player this season