The Queen of the South thread

3 hours ago, Stu1 said:

See dobbie made the spfl team of the week. Not that it means anything or will interest people but he's got to be the only queens player I have seen in it

On Radio Scotland's round up of the Championship on Sunday, they managed to not mention Dobbie or Queens at all because of the time they wished to devote to Hibs, St Mirren and Falkirk, so a bit of recognition like this doesn't hurt.

On 20/08/2016 at 18:26, QosLoyal said:

Some rumours about bob harris today going around in the terrace. Cant see it, has he been released by Sheffield united? Although i didnt see the Dobbie signing coming so..

Believe we are Waiting on Bob proving his fitness before signing him hope so.

Have to agree there. Dykes and Dobbie seem to link up well and dells legs wont last forever.

We still need a left winger for this to happen.

Marshall left wing Bob Harris left back [emoji6]

Bob Harris could play wide left midfield and keep Marshall at left back.

Harris would be a good signing - he can play LB and Left Centre back not sure about left midfield however.

Think we are short at the back - ok if all are fit but we really struggle when injuries and suspensions start to bite.

Harris also has great delivery at set pieces so good signing if it happens. One unfortunate consequencs might be that Marshall loses his place temporarily although he could play left midfield at a push but not ideal.

Also excited by Dykes. He displays a lot of natural talent, particularly his pace, touches and movement. On the latter see 3:57 into the video, he gets around the defender superbly to meet the cross (albeit the finish is lacking, but that can be worked on).

ETA: A few other things I'm enjoying from the highlights:

- Dykes' touch around 3:40

- The fully ten second hug between Del and Dobbie after the second goal

- Dowie's wee look at Mark Millar as they celebrate the second goal

Thanks for that!

Really enjoyed going back through the video there. Can we have some moments like that each week please?

Yes, Liam Jukes.

Thanks. Before you tell me off I'm sitting in a bus using my phone so it's not easy to look at the official site! [emoji6]

Any idea if he/players use the tech promoted by that company (or a rival)? I'd guess it might be pretty expensive but the results in reducing soft tissue injuries etc sound really impressive.

4 minutes ago, Swarley said:

Thanks. Before you tell me off I'm sitting in a bus using my phone so it's not easy to look at the official site! emoji6.png

Any idea if he/players use the tech promoted by that company (or a rival)? I'd guess it might be pretty expensive but the results in reducing soft tissue injuries etc sound really impressive.

I dont know what tech they promote, and cant be harrassed trying to interrogate their website on my phone, but we certainly use polar monitors and computer analysis.

Edited by Skyline Drifter