The Queen of the South thread

Yeah, thats whats going on there 

You think that isn't inept defending?

Regardless of how good Dobbie is there's no way the defence should be allowing him to breeze by 3 of them like they aren't even there.

That's not taking away from the skill on display, it's an excellent piece of play from Dobbie but there's no other way to describe that defending.

35 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Regardless of how good Dobbie is there's no way the defence should be allowing him to breeze by 3 of them like they aren't even there.

That's not taking away from the skill on display, it's an excellent piece of play from Dobbie but there's no other way to describe that defending.

Defender 2 could have done a lot better but 1 and 3 are just sold a good dummy and a lovely bit of skill when he expects a shot to come. 

2 hours ago, Broony88 said:

Defender 2 could have done a lot better but 1 and 3 are just sold a good dummy and a lovely bit of skill when he expects a shot to come. 

2 hours ago, Broony88 said:

The fact that all three are beaten in the penalty box also means that they can't commit too fully.

I don't think the defenders are too much at fault there.  I also think they'll not be the last ones this season to be toyed with in that way.

4 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Sometimes players are just beaten by genuine skill.

When Messi goes past 3 players no one says "oh that was rubbish defending"

35 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Hello to my Queen of the South friends. I've written a wee article about Stephen Dobbie. Feel free to have a read and let me know what you think - http://www.talkingbaws.com/2016/08/ollie-wale-is-stephen-dobbie-the-best-signing-of-the-window-so-far/

Nice article. One small thing - we did make the play-offs two years running, but not last season. The article reads as if we did

54 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Hello to my Queen of the South friends. I've written a wee article about Stephen Dobbie. Feel free to have a read and let me know what you think - http://www.talkingbaws.com/2016/08/ollie-wale-is-stephen-dobbie-the-best-signing-of-the-window-so-far/

Dobbie scored 55 goals in 104 appearances (89 starts) for us in his first spell. I presume the figures you quote are league games only. Decent enough article though.

I think you should read the QoS forum from the Dobbie signing onwards. The place is buzzing because we know that's Exactly what Dobbie can do. I appreciate the defending side will always put blame on their own defending but Ayr aren't the first defence (and won't be the last) to be well and truly shown up by The Master. I doubt the Ayr defence will be torn apart like that by anyone else in the division. They didn't cover themselves in glory but the simple fact is that Dobbie was just too good for them.

To be honest Dobbie looked a class above everyone else when he came on in the second half against Hibs, with several Hibs-supporting pals wondering why their club hadn't made a move for him. Dobbie will cause problems for everyone in this league, and is destined to thrive in a free role just behind the strikers. He may be 33, but he has great touch, quick feet, and his skill enables him to create space in congested areas. By contrast, Grant Holt of Hibs, who has a decent pedigree down south, but is a couple of years older, looked immobile and completely ineffective. 

Edited by Frankie S

25 minutes ago, Frankie S said:

To be honest Dobbie looked a class above everyone else when he came on in the second half against Hibs, with several Hibs-supporting pals wondering why their club hadn't made a move for him. Dobbie will cause problems for everyone in this league, and is destined to thrive in a free role just behind the strikers. He may be 33, but he has great touch, quick feet, and his skill enables him to create space in congested areas. By contrast, Grant Holt of Hibs, who has a decent pedigree down south, but is a couple of years older, looked immobile and completely ineffective. 

According to the rumour I heard they did.

4 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

4 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

I enjoyed the article.

Can I ask why you fell for him in the way you did, as a kid?

It's clear why all us Queens fans who are old enough to know better, have unseemly crushes on him, but he didn't exactly shine at St Johnstone.

Kids do these things of course, but I wouldn't imagine that too many St Johnstone fans grew to worship him.

I enjoyed the article.

Can I ask why you fell for him in the way you did, as a kid?

It's clear why all us Queens fans who are old enough to know better, have unseemly crushes on him, but he didn't exactly shine at St Johnstone.

Kids do these things of course, but I wouldn't imagine that too many St Johnstone fans grew to worship him.

Because The Real Saints was one of the few Saintee's that 'Kent the score' B)