The Queen of the South thread

He's wouldn't replace Dykes but he'd provide competition for him.

I'm not convinced about bringing Dan back, particularly, but I still think we need another wide player in the squad.

He would be a good squad player covering suspensions injuries and adding a good strength in depth element to the squad. I would go for him but wouldn't be sad not to get him back. No harm in asking is there??

2 hours ago, kleinfaethetoon said:

Can't see Danny Carmichael wanting to go out on loan to be a bit part player at QOS or anywhere else !!!

Exactly.  Why would he?

I think some are getting a bit carried away on the back of a really good week.

I thought that for spells yesterday, we weren't great, getting a bit 'long ball' particularly early on.  As for the youngsters coming in and some of the new arrivals, there has been promise, but it's sometimes been a bit erratic too.

Of course, as long as we have Dobbie, we look capable of causing teams problems.  Things are looking quite good right now, but we'll have a better idea of where we're at after the next three or four league games than we can possibly have got from yesterday, against pretty poor opposition.

Feet on the ground chaps.

1 minute ago, Cannon Fodder said:

How's Grantie Anderson doing guys? Started well by the looks of it?

He's doing pretty well.

Lots of our fans are raving about him.  I think his touch can be a bit heavy at times, but he's doing a good job for the team.

How's Grantie Anderson doing guys? Started well by the looks of it?

He is a grafter, got a bit of pace about him too. Scored midweek. As MT says his touch is a bit heavy at times but he has slotted in well. Could be an important player.

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Exactly.  Why would he?

I think some are getting a bit carried away on the back of a really good week.

I thought that for spells yesterday, we weren't great, getting a bit 'long ball' particularly early on.  As for the youngsters coming in and some of the new arrivals, there has been promise, but it's sometimes been a bit erratic too.

Of course, as long as we have Dobbie, we look capable of causing teams problems.  Things are looking quite good right now, but we'll have a better idea of where we're at after the next three or four league games than we can possibly have got from yesterday, against pretty poor opposition.

Feet on the ground chaps.

Agree with all of that. Danny is a quality player and I am very surprised that Harris seems to be getting the nod off the bench at Hibs ahead of him. It may be of course that this injury is really a very big problem now. Feel sorry for him because he has never really been a player to miss a lot of games through injury and sadly when he gets a good move it has all turned sour. Certainly, if he was coming back he would expect to be more than a squad player - if it were possible and he is over the injury he would be a brilliant signing in my opinion.

Agree also on "feet on ground" - we have done exceptionally well so far but it is early days. Our injury jinx is already kicking in and it is to be hoped that Higgy, Hilson and Millar have only minor knocks as they are all key players for us. Hilson and Dykes both have pace and that is vital especially in away games when you are under pressure and need " legs" to get out of the defensive shell.Dobbie's vision will get us goals but he benefits from runners and Dykes and Hilson are the two obvious benefactors.

He is a grafter, got a bit of pace about him too. Scored midweek. As MT says his touch is a bit heavy at times but he has slotted in well. Could be an important player.

Good stuff. He'll frustrate the life out of you at times but when he's on his game he can be a real handful. His attitude is spot on too.

danny would walk into our team, yes we have had a good start to the season but danny is still a better winger than anderson and dykes. he would be a better option than dykes who i would like to see upfront more. people saying he would only be a squad player are getting a bit carried away here, didnt play that great saturday yes we got the win but against any other opposition we would have struggled

Daniel was hardly assist King either, I like grant Anderson, he's done well since coming in, is a brilliant threat going forward and covers well defensively. So I'm happy with him but still think we need a left winger, Lyndon has stepped in and for never playing in the position has done well but the threat he carries up front is far superior to than from left hand side.

I'd like to see us add a left winger still as I've said before, I don't think Dan is the answer. Heard he'd already turned us down because he wanted to prove himself elsewhere rather than comeback

The game against Falkirk should see an increase in attendance. 2000 or more I expect. If we were to win and play well and attendance still does not rise for the next home game I don't know what more the club could do.

The team are playing well we have made a great signing the board have shown their ambition with the club in things like the arena and aiming for the playoffs.

What more can be done to get the public through the turnstiles