The Queen of the South thread

43 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I can.  

It happened in the first half of the game back on February 25th 2017 against Raith Rovers.  If memory serves, I think it was Lyle who scored.

I remember us scoring from a corner like it was yesterday...

Carmichael because we know what he is capable of at this level. He hasn't really been fully fit this season but I would like to think that with a full pre-season behind him he'd have more of an impact. His first touch is definitely still there.
Atkinson because I think he's good enough at this level, as I've just said in the Raith match thread, I'd like to see him take over for the rest of the season, as Robinson has conceded quite a few goals that he simply shouldn't have this year.

Think it's about time Atkinson moved on and a got first team football somewhere else .
Nothing against the lad but he's wasted sitting on the bench every week .......

Think it's about time Atkinson moved on and a got first team football somewhere else .
Nothing against the lad but he's wasted sitting on the bench every week .......

I'm sure I've said this before: From a selfish point of view it'd be good if he re-signed. He's a great GK to have as back-up. For him though he surely has to be thinking about first team football at this stage. He's too good not to be starting for someone every week even if it's the division below.

Hypothetically, if we were to go down I'd be content if he was to be our number one. Similarly I'd feel comfortable if Robinson got injured during a game and he had to be used.

I think first team football is vital for him at this stage because you have to imagine, the way you're thinking would be exactly what managers of other clubs would think about him. The longer he goes sitting on a bench the harder he'll find it to get a first team gig.

5 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Is he really that good though? He's not played often enough to make a judgement.

Several managers have overlooked him and it can't just be his age that has counted against him.

To be fair on Atkinson he's never let us down whenever he's played.

On 2/22/2017 at 17:56, palmy_cammy said:

Ironically this huge distraction has been very beneficial to the Board.  Under normal circumstances I would have expected them to have received a bit of a grilling on the failed concert, and our rather shambolic Summer in which they made a cock-up of the whole process of appointing a manager, and signed players before he was even appointed.

6 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

That one is pretty easily proven tbh.

And disproven.