The Queen of the South thread

6 minutes ago, QoS_1919 said:

Maybe proved himself at this level before but I don't think he's up to it now. You might think Danny is better than Orsi but I certainly don't

Agree,Think Danny got a extension and everyone rates him so highly because his past

If he was another player with no connection to the club would his performances since he return of got him another contract? I certainly don't think he was good enough atall but if he can recapture the form of his first spell then fair enough and hopefully he does

I'm not agreeing Orsi is better atall,there's clear reason one plays at a much higher level it shouldn't have to be debated who's better

I was agreeing on that Danny proved himself at this level before but doesn't seem good enough based on this spell,like I said hopefully he can recapture the first spell form as I'm sure there's still a player in there

ETA:Maybe should of been a bit clearer in my other post I blame the lack of football making me go insane 

Edited by Dumfries Boy(new acc)

1 hour ago, QoS_1919 said:

Always the same people on here who get touchy or aggressive over someone's opinion. On here all the time but don't post much because certain people can't stand someone having a different opinion to theirs. The word "debate" just got used but it's not very often I see one on here, just a bunch of guys getting touchy and replying with immature insults. 

No one is getting touchy or even remotely aggresive either. I don't think I've ever been aggresive on this forum as I make a point of never posting something I wouldn't say to someone's face. 

I think our posters on here are generally a good bunch and have plenty of debates between ourselves. More often than not I find myself being disagreed with but I never take it as a personal insult. 

There are some things that are debateable and some things that clearly aren't. Your argument is the latter. Orsi has never and still isn't as good as Carmichael. It's no fluke that Carmichael is at this level and Orsi is at Juniors level. Oor Dan had a poor season by his normal standards but I think that was down to his injury. I will say this though. If he has another poor season then it's probably time we parted ways. But even then I'd fully expect him to find a club at Football League level. 

I'd have liked Orsi to have made it with us but outwith his speed he didn't really add anything to our team. 

14 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Pretty sure guys at Glenafton will be earning more than they could at Annan and other League 2 clubs so he may be quite happy at that level.

Surely Annan  must pay more than Glenafton.Surly a Glen's player is not on anywhere near £100  a werk

29 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Surely Annan  must pay more than Glenafton.Surly a Glen's player is not on anywhere near £100  a werk

They are very well backed. I've no idea how much they pay, but I suspect it'll be better than quite a few small senior clubs.

16 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Pretty sure guys at Glenafton will be earning more than they could at Annan and other League 2 clubs so he may be quite happy at that level.

He might even be on better wages than some in the Queens squad.

Betfred fixtures are now out.  We're away to Stenhousemuir and Hamilton Academical and play host to East Kilbride and Albion Rovers.  Hope this settles down the panic on here over the past few days!

Always the same people on here who get touchy or aggressive over someone's opinion. On here all the time but don't post much because certain people can't stand someone having a different opinion to theirs. The word "debate" just got used but it's not very often I see one on here, just a bunch of guys getting touchy and replying with immature insults. 

What a state to get into.

Hadn't realised we were playing Cowden in a friendly. To replace Stenny I assume.

I'm not arsed with friendlies so I'm certainly not complaining just enquiring. Is there a reason we've not had a home friendly in the last couple of seasons? Is it because it's not financially worth it or because the season starts a wee bit earlier now?

We have just announced our released list and Mark Stewart's on it.

He could well be heading your way with Naismith interested in getting him on a PCA in January.

Would be handy; it'd mean he couldn't score against us at least :lol:

23 minutes ago, NM_1919 said:

Stewart would add to already decent options in Lyndon, Lyle and Dobbie. Would take him, would give us someone upfront who'll chase and harrass defences which none of the others really do. Also chip in with odd goal

Agree with this.  He would be a bit of a meh signing, but any striker we sign is going to be 3rd or 4th choice so is always going to fall in that category.  Like you say he offers something the others don't.  

He's fairly well established at this level though and I assume would want a wage to fit that?  I'm not at Northfield levels of panic yet, but I'd rather we were signing defenders and midfielders as our attacking options are already looking decent enough.  I'd be quite happy for the fourth choice striker to be an untested loanee, or a youngster from the league below.