The Queen of the South thread

League fixtures out in a fortnight. :thumsup2

With Livi back in the division my prediction is we'll face them within the first 3 games (again!) or/and we'll face them in our last H/A game. I assume they'll be our 'Derby' at New Year as well.

Ideally Brechin at home to start with but we'll no doubt be away to ICT.

With Livi back in the division my prediction is we'll face them within the first 3 games (again!) or/and we'll face them in our last H/A game. I assume they'll be our 'Derby' at New Year as well.

Ideally Brechin at home to start with but we'll no doubt be away to ICT

Nah that'll be a Tuesday in February

Good to have another player, especially a defender, on board. Mercer didn't fill any of us with confidence since his move from East Fife. Obviously don't know a lot about Rooney but at the age of 20 hopefully he will have some pace about him, which we have lacked in our right-backs.

2 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Here is the York City article on the move seeing as our OS is down - http://www.yorkcityfootballclub.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/shaun-rooney-joins-queen-of-the-south-3729982.aspx

Looks like we are trying to redress the balance after Dunfermline had a load of ex-Queens players last season.

It was down for about a minute

8 minutes ago, Mr X said:

It was down for about a minute

Clearly the minute I clicked on the link then!  Not a criticism so no need to be so defensive.  Surely if people don't bring these things up you won't know about them?

Just now, palmy_cammy said:

Clearly the minute I clicked on the link then!  Not a criticism so no need to be so defensive.  Surely if people don't bring these things up you won't know about them?

I wasnt being defensive! I was just pointing out that it was only down briefly so would be back up now

An interesting addition, can remember him getting a few trials while at Queens Park. Certainly a bit of height, and a good age. An experienced centre half and I think our defence is decent looking.

Midfield, would like another centre mid (Joe Thomson being the ideal person) and a winger/no.10 type player in mound of the before mentioned Aiden Connolly or Sam Stanton.

Upfront still needing one, maybe two if the rumours of del going are true

42 minutes ago, NM_1919 said:

Upfront still needing one, maybe two if the rumours of del going are true

If those rumours turn out to be true then I would become even more concerned than I am at present.

Naysmith seems to want rid of or to marginalise  senior, established players who have several years experience with the Club.

It seems like he feels a bit insecure and does not want anyone around who might be perceived to undermine him although I don't think for a minute Lyle or anyone else would be doing that. 

It seems to me things 'behind the scenes' are not at all right but that's not surprising given the Manager's approach thus far.

1 hour ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

If those rumours turn out to be true then I would become even more concerned than I am at present.

Naysmith seems to want rid of or to marginalise  senior, established players who have several years experience with the Club.

It seems like he feels a bit insecure and does not want anyone around who might be perceived to undermine him although I don't think for a minute Lyle or anyone else would be doing that. 

It seems to me things 'behind the scenes' are not at all right but that's not surprising given the Manager's approach thus far.

If Del wants to retire, how exactly is that Naysmiths fault??

Half way through a two year deal, I imagine that Shaun Rooney didn't fancy playing in the Conference North. Either that, or York have slashed their budget an he was deemed surplus to requirements and came to an agreement to release him.

Quite staggering that a club like York have fallen relatively quickly to that level as Stockport County did a few years back. In the same league as the likes of FC United and Bradford Park Avenue. Not always an easy league to get out of either.