The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, Besty said:

Oh is that right ,you are so knowledgeable.

As I mentioned it was meant as a gesture of sarcasm , I should have realised that not many could see that.(It's sad  that I even have to explain that)

However, Football is a little different my friend , you see companies outside of football   would not generally have a site where you plaudit or criticise there employees for anyone to see.

In which  case you could not find out people's opinions of the quality of there work.

Could  you answer me this question then , Don't you  think it conceivable  that posters on this site check other clubs posts when a player is signed from there club in order to find out what there previous supporters think.

SO why shouldn't a manager check a site out if he's in any doubt about a player, I probably would

That's strange that as I am called Robinsonn, but as you can see it's double n.*

Oh dear, did I need to put the * beside my post? :rolleyes:

No, I dont think for one second managers seek out fans opinions, from any source, before deciding on a player - to be honest I'd be appalled if they did. 

6 hours ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

This thread gets worse

I know  it's so annoying ,some people just need to have the last word.

They just can't let it drop.

Anyway queens chances tonight ?

9 hours ago, Mr X said:

Oh dear, did I need to put the * beside my post? :rolleyes:

No, I dont think for one second managers seek out fans opinions, from any source, before deciding on a player - to be honest I'd be appalled if they did. 

I think we've just about exhausted this topic now so can I finish with the following.

I didn't say the manager would but said could. 

Your previous reply has been in response to a question that wasn't asked.

Can I also say for future it's worthwhile reading  posts until you fully understand the content rather than see what you want to see.

Furthermore can I pose another question to you.

This may appall you but, have you ever checked reviews when buying online or trip advisor for holidays, revoo for products etc .

You may not be aware of this but these are sites that allow previous customers to voice there opinions in order to help potential buyers making the right choice.

Now the only reply I'd like to hear from you now would be "thanks for your help and guidance and sorry for incorrectly reading your last post"

Then again you do seem the type that like to have the last word.

I rest my case.

Queens or Annan tonight 

Edited by Besty

I think we've just about exhausted this topic now so can I finish with the following.
I didn't say the manager would but said could. 
Your previous reply has been in response to a question that wasn't asked.
Can I also say for future it's worthwhile reading  posts until you fully understand the content rather than see what you want to see.
Furthermore can I pose another question to you.
This may appall you but, have you ever checked reviews when buying online or trip advisor for holidays, revoo for products etc .
You may not be aware of this but these are sites that allow previous customers to voice there opinions in order to help potential buyers making the right choice.
Now the only reply I'd like to hear from you now would be "thanks for your help and guidance and sorry for incorrectly reading your last post"
Then again you do seem the type that like to have the last word.
I rest my case.
Queens or Annan tonight 

^^word salad

12 hours ago, Besty said:

Queens or Annan

Result doesn't matter, it's a training game, all about fitness and trying different tactics. It won't give much indication of what the season ahead holds. Go with that in mind and you won't be disappointed.

16 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Result doesn't matter, it's a training game, all about fitness and trying different tactics. It won't give much indication of what the season ahead holds. Go with that in mind and you won't be disappointed.

We should still be seeing a solid performance with what should be the basis  of this seasons team.

Plus it's nice  to win,

Personally think we should have had at  Least one team against us that from a higher level  

35 minutes ago, Besty said:

We should still be seeing a solid performance with what should be the basis  of this seasons team.

Plus it's nice  to win,

Personally think we should have had at  Least one team against us that from a higher level  

Fleetwood Town will obviously be a higher level opposition  but it all depends on what type of team they put out. They may do a "Rotherham" and play their Development side. 

23 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Fleetwood Town will obviously be a higher level opposition  but it all depends on what type of team they put out. They may do a "Rotherham" and play their Development side. 

They are playing their first team squad.

47 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Forgot about that one 

On 03/07/2017 at 11:09, Mr X said:

Surely Hilsons replacement is Stirling? When was the last time you saw a club at this level offer a 6 month deal in the summer?

In 2015 we gave 6 month contracts to Romario Sabajo and Jon Scullion, then in 2016 we gave them to Kudus Oyenuga and once again Jon Scullion. Rather than being down to fitness, the deals were six months due to the suspicion that these players probably weren't good enough, a suspicion which was proven entirely correct. I'm glad we're entirely avoiding the six month route this summer and only signing players who are actually worth a season long contract as cover.

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

In 2015 we gave 6 month contracts to Romario Sabajo and Jon Scullion, then in 2016 we gave them to Kudus Oyenuga and once again Jon Scullion. Rather than being down to fitness, the deals were six months due to the suspicion that these players probably weren't good enough, a suspicion which was proven entirely correct. I'm glad we're entirely avoiding the six month route this summer and only signing players who are actually worth a season long contract as cover.

To be fair Scullion never really looked fit.

Strange or is it silly how some teams work?

He's down to make another "trialist" appearance tonight at Annan. Opinion divided if he would be a good signing or not. We have Dobbie and Lyle up front, hardly a pacey pairing, and McFadden wouldn't really add anything to that. I think a lot of those who are in favour of him signing are going by the player he used to be. He'll still have a sharp football brain but whether we can afford a luxury bit part player with our relatively small squad is another matter. I hope it's not a jobs for pals signing by our Manager.