The Queen of the South thread

"The club would like to announce that Gus MacPherson and Andy Millen have left the club with immediate effect.

Both the club ,Gus and Andy agreed that it was in the best interests of both parties that we make the change now.

The Directors of QOS would like to take this opportunity to thank Gus and Andy for all of their efforts in what has been a difficult season for all involved at the club. We wish them well for the future."

I don't, I hope there next shite is a hedgehog and that they never get another job in football.

Can some of you moaning b*****ds at least seem like you are pleased and a little more upbeat now or is it too much to ask ?

I'll hold my fire until it's confirmed that these Media Pro Sports chancers have been told to beat it as well.

When a football decides to restructure its staff one might reasonably expect that this process would be conducted in a dignified manner, so when a conscientious and diligent Kit Man is deposed having been demeaned and intimidated by a member of the "operational board", my concerns are profound especially since no compromise to rectify the situation was sought. The farrago in attendance last Monday,operational board members, non operational board members should hang their heads in shame because their action , or indeed their lack of action besmirches the reputation of Queen of the South FC.

Look if Blacko was such a huge fan of Queens he would be posting on websites like this along with Skyline, Blazerman and Luke 11. He might be a reader and ken a lot aboot the club, but by no gan tae Hampden the ither nicht proves he is jist there fur the glory.

Not altogether surprised by this, as it is something I always felt was on the cards. I was pleased with the appointment, however for various reasons it hasn't worked out. These things happen, it wasn't meant to be & I would wish both Gus McPherson & Andy Millen the best for the future.

However we are left now without a manager and one fixture left to play. I have a feeling that Allan Johnston will take temporary charge for this game.

Although I do not advocate rushing to a decision it is imperative that the board make an appointment as soon as possible, so that the new man has a decent period of time to assess his options. At any rate we must avoid the farce that was last pre-season.

It seems Gus made all the same mistakes he made with us - packing the middle of the park with ballwinners rather than attacking players or wingers, using the old pals act and not dropping underperforming players. The number of last minute goals conceded was also ridiculous and something that happened during his last 18 months with us. Surely no coincidence - now that Danny Lennon has managed to change the mind set at Saints we only lose the odd one here or there.

I burst out laughing when I heard they'd signed Potter in January and even if you take out his time with us you have to question someone who thinks bringing in a guy who can't get into that shocking Dunfermline defence is the answer. That was pretty much as good as sending you down.

The reaction from Saints fans when we binned Gus was fairly mixed, with some still thinking it was wrong. Reading the forums it seems Queens fans have been desperate to see him go for weeks and are delighted it's finally done.

As for a new manager, I note John Connolly was the SPL delegate at Sunday's game...

"I had a chat with the board six weeks ago and told them it would be my intention to resign," MacPherson told BBC Scotland.

Why the f*ck did the board not sack him 6 weeks ago then?, we were in trouble and the only thing that looked likely, was relegation. Although I mainly blame Gus, I think the board has to take some blame on letting him keep his job for as long as they did. Although I suppose what's done is done. Atleast he is gone.

Edited by RossQOS

Not altogether surprised by this, as it is something I always felt was on the cards. I was pleased with the appointment, however for various reasons it hasn't worked out. These things happen, it wasn't meant to be & I would wish both Gus McPherson & Andy Millen the best for the future.

Yes, that's how I see it.

His job this year was to keep us up and he failed to do that pretty miserably, so his departure seems right.

I don't feel the same animosity towards him as I did KB though. Gus has got lots wrong, but he treated the club with respect and behaved like a professional.

I'm not planning to miss him much, but there's no ill-will from me.

I don't really understand what the statement means or what it refers to so I don't know if it is appropriate or not.

What the hell does this bit mean?

... would add that we as Directors have an obligation to keep this club the right side of the law....

:huh:

On the Gus situation. I was genuinely excited when he was appointed and I thought it would be a good appointment but I was clearly wrong. Lack of money and time to assemble a squad is obviously a factor in our demise but his signings have been poor as have his tactics and formations (only going by what I've read since I've not actually seen them live).

Moving forward who do we go for? Looking at the current managers in the 2nd/3rd Divisions I'd only pick out Colin Cameron (Cowdenbeath), Paul Sheerin (Arbroath) and Paul Hartley (Alloa). No chance with Cameron as he'll want to have a go with Cowdenbeath in Div1, similarly with Sheerin if Arbroath win the play-off. Maybe if Arbroath fail in the play-off he might be interested?

Sheerin and Hartley have performed excellent jobs getting Arbroath and Alloa promoted from Div3. Would they be interested in taking on the substantial challenge of rebuilding QoS? Could we afford the compensation to either club?

Who's currently sitting on the managerial bench at the moment? Jimmy Calderwood, Jocky Scott, Rafa Benitez?

Then there is the new to management option. It's a risky option to appoint someone without any previous experience but it might work. Give them until Christmas and if it's not working out then punt them and get someone else in. Johnston, Thomson, McGuffie have all been suggested so far.

Should be an interesting Summer at Palmerston.